The production and making of fruit juice is a good business to do in Nigeria. A fruit is a good means of getting important nutrients for the body and is therefore in high demand.
Fruit juice gives a lot of mineral and vitamins to the body and at the same time has many health benefits making it a good product to have and consume.
(1) For the Nutritional benefits
Many people are now aware of the numerous health benefits that fruit juice can offer them. Fruits are generally a good source of minerals and vitamins and serve as a cleaning agent for the body helping in purifying the blood and its vessels as well as makes digestion easier and better. Also there are ailments like cold that can be treated with taking fruit juices in their natural form.
(2) The Demand in High
Nigerians consume a lot of fruit juice in various ways and forms. It is a widely accepted drink and considering that Nigerians love celebrating and are always planning one event or the other such as birthdays, weddings, house warming and parties, juice is highly consumed.
At events you will find a lot of fruit juices being served at these events as it is a widely accepted drink.
(3) Raw Materials are Readily Available
Nigeria is a country blessed with a lot of natural resources and this applies to the area of fruits also. The major ingredient and material needed in the production of fruit juice is fruits and this Nigeria has in abundance. Various fruits such as oranges, pineapples, mangoes, lime, lemons, paw paw and lot more are available in large quantities as they are grown and cultivated in great amounts.
(4) There Enormous Government Support
Government usually set high tariffs on the importation of fruit juices and some times can place other strict restrictions on foreign juices entering the country. This is done to encourage the local production of fruit juices in the country. This is why the business is seen as a profitable and lucrative venture as local producers are given a lot of government support to succeed.
Also government sees this as a means of saving money for the economy which can be channeled to other sectors of the economy to aid growth and development.
A lot of money, sometimes running into millions of dollars is spent on the importation of juice yearly and this government feels is a waste of the country’s resources and are therefore happy to encourage local production of fruit juice.
(5) You can Export it to other Countries
Nigeria is a country that has a lot of years has relied on imported goods and products to satisfy the wants of its people. This has greatly affected the economy in terms of local production of goods and services as well as creating jobs.
Fruit juice is a product if properly done can be exported out of the country to make good money. The target will to export to countries that are not naturally endowed like Nigeria and will also be in need of fruit juice.
Before you even proceed, make sure you get the necessary license to operate. Register your company in the corporate affairs commission.
Also, make sure that you register with NAFDAC to get your NAFDAC registration number for your product.
(1) Get the FRUITS: This is the major requirement needed for the business. There are various fruits available to choose from and make juices.
(2) Find a means of preserving it: If you are doing fruit juice that is freshly made and is meant for consumption immediately you may not need to use preservatives.
In situations where you make large quantity of the product and need to keep them for a long time before they are consumed or you plan to export them, you will need to add preservatives to keep them in good condition.
It is important to get the preservatives that will not affect the product and cause harm to the consumer.
(3) Get the Sweeteners: To help keep the taste fresh and nice, especially when keeping the product for a long time sweeteners or sugar can be added. Other things are;
(4) Find a Good LOCATION: When looking for a place to start your business, you may have to consider your nearness to raw materials as well as your nearness to your target market. These two factors will go a long way in ensuring that your business runs smoothly.
The issue of transportation will be eased tremendously due to how close you will be to your materials and customers, saving you time and money.
(5) PROPER STORAGE AND PAKAGING: You will need to get a good place to properly store your products. A ware house or a store will be needed for storing as well as packaging the products. This will ensure they are in good order when they get to the consumer.
Before starting the business make sure you do a feasibility study to find out more about the business including the cost involved.
The business still has a lot of potential as it is widely untapped and has a lot of demand for the product.