How much does it cost to produce a song in Nigeria? In this post, I will review the Top 10 Producers in Nigeria and their Cost of Producing a Hit single. So, if you want to own your record label, feel free to check in on these producers listed below. They really rock!
If we take our minds back to about a decade ago, dreams of being an artiste would have been considered almost as an aberration to Nigerian parents. Almost every successful Nigerian artiste did not get the support of their parents at the beginning of their musical careers.
In their sight, it is a sheer display of laziness for a child to consider being an artiste as a career path but due to the lucrative nature of the music industry in recent times, parents have began to encourage their children immediately a slight glimpse of talent is discovered in their child.
We can all say in Nigeria that what appeals to the hearts of the Nigerian youths in recent times apart from the voice of the artiste, is the rhythmic beat that goes along with the song.
A song is practically empty without a good production and awesome beats to make it worthwhile. Producers know the level of hard work that is being put in a song to make it a massive hit.
This article seeks to display the figures you should be looking at if you are considering hiring a top music producer in Nigeria for your record.
1. Del B: Del B is one of the top producers in the country and has been around for a fair period of time. He has produced hits like Kcee’s Limpopo, Irawo by Seyi Shay and a long list of other A-list artistes have contacted him for his skills on the beat. His price range for a music production is believed to be around 100,000- 500,000.
2. Legendary Beats: These bunch are a duo of the finest producers in Nigeria and their works have been massive hits back to back. They have been responsible for producing sensational hits like: Emi Ni Baller by Chidinma, Ojuelegba by WizKid, Ginger by L.A.X and a host of other impressive tunes in their resume. They charge 200,000 and above for the production of a single record.
3. Pheelz: Pheelz is another fast-rising Producer in Nigeria. He made a name for himself after producing hits for Olamide like Durosoke, Go Down Low, Eyan May weather and produced most of the tracks on Lil Kesh’s recent album “Young and Getting It” (Y.A.G.I). He charges at least 200,000 for the production of a music record.
4. Sarz: Sarz is an A-list music Producer in Nigeria. His love for high kicks can be felt when you are listening to a song he produced, you can almost guess a song was produced by Sarz after listening to it. Sarz has been responsible for production of several hits in his career. He produced Wizkid’s Jaiye Jaiye and Beat of Life (Samba), Kako Ni Chicken by Reminisce and most of the tracks on Eldee the Don’s last album “UnDeniable”. He charges 300,000 and above to produce a track.
5. MasterKraft: As his name implies, he is definitely one of the Masters of his craft as far as the Nigerian music industry is concerned. He is also a notable hit maker himself and produced most of the tracks on E.M.E’s compilation album and most of the tracks on Flavor’s first album like Shake amongst others. He also produced Jasi by Banky W and Ukwu by Timaya. His price range is believed to be around 400,000 and above.
6. Tee-Y Mix: Tee-Y is a classy kind of producer and also one of the judges of foremost musical reality show MTN Project Fame West Africa. His perfect harmonization of the beat and sounds has made him stand out in the industry. He was responsible for the production of Naeto-C ” Super C Album ” and has worked with top artistes like D’banj, M.I, Ikechukwu, Darey, GT the Guitar Man, Sasha, Iyanya, Banky W, 2face, Sound Sultan and many others. He charges at least 400,000 to produce a single track.
7. Shizzi: Shizzi is acknowledged as one of the most talented music producers in the industry. Shizzi gained prominence after he produced the club banger “Dami Duro” by Davido and has gone on to produce a lot of hits for O.B.O himself. Asides Davido, he has worked with other top artistes like WizKid, Harrysong, D’Prince, May D and other major artistes in the industry. His cost of producing a record is 400,000 and above.
8. D’Tunes: D’Tunes is another really sought after music producer in the country and the CEO of Difference Entertainment. He was the brain behind Iyanya’s Kukere, Your Waist and other massive hits for Iyanya. He also produced Sho’Le for Sean Tizzle and has worked with loads of A-list musicians in the country. He charges at least 500,000 for the production of a single track.
9. Cobhams Asuquo: Cobhams is without a doubt one of Nigeria’s finest producers. He is not known for producing club bangers but rather marshaling classic tunes that will stand the test of time. He has worked with renowned artists in the industry such as like Asa, Djinee, MI, Styl Plus, Omawunmi Bez, Rooftop Mc’s, Banky W, Darey, 2 Face and others. He charges within the range of 500,000 and above for the production of a single track.
10. Don Jazzy: He needs no introduction, the MAVIN boss is without a doubt, the biggest Producer to emerge from Nigeria and he has worked with national and International artistes. Asides from producing hits upon hits, he also lends his vocals every now and then just to show how versatile he can be. The number of hits accredited to his name cannot be counted easily that’s for sure. Its very rare to hear Don jazzy produce a song for anyone not under his record label. He charges at least a million naira to produce a track.
From the price lists for producers above, you can see that if you are looking to get the best out of your song, you have to pay well. If I want to release a smash hit, I definitely know who I will be contacting when I have enough cash of course.