Cristiano Ronaldo previously rejected a mega-money offer from the Saudi Arabian tourism board – two years before sealing his record-breaking switch to Al-Nassr.
The former Manchester United forward put pen to paper on a £173m per-year deal until the summer of 2025 last week. His switch signalled his first move away from European football, according to the report from mirror.Information Guide Nigeria
👉 Relocate to Canada Today!Live, Study and Work in Canada. No Payment is Required! Hurry Now click here to Apply >> Immigrate to Canada
The 37-year-old was officially unveiled as an Al-Nassr player on Tuesday having taken part in a press conference before a glitzy ceremony at the Mrsool Park. Ronaldo was then involved in an open training session in front of the club’s supporters ahead of an expected debut against Al-Ta’ee on Thursday.
Other Top football News:
- More to come from Sterling, says Chelsea manager Potter
- Man Utd ready to submit bid to sign £61.7million star
- Man Utd 3-0 Bournemouth: Erik ten Hag happy with victory but says his side were lucky at times
- Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle: Gunners miss chance to go 10 points clear in stalemate
The report has it that despite now being set to ply his trade in the Middle East, Ronaldo had, in fact, already rejected a major offer in the tourism industry in Saudi Arabia. According to The Telegraph back in January 2021, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner turned down a €6million (£5.3m) yearly offer from the country’s tourism authority.NYSC portal
It was proposed that the Portuguese forward would lead a push for Saudi Arabia to market itself as an attractive holiday destination. There was apparent hope that Ronaldo’s huge commercial presence would assist in the campaign. It would have involved the veteran forward making regular visits to the Middle East, whilst also being at the forefront of any promotional material. Whilst Ronaldo rejected the chance to take up the offer, he wasn’t the only star to have a bid tabled.JAMB portal
As per the previous reports, Lionel Messi was also approached by the Saudi tourism authority but appears to have been more tempted than his Portuguese counterpart. Messi signed a deal in May to promote tourism in the Middle East nation and is expected to play a role in any hosting bid for the 2030 World Cup. The PSG forward played a huge role in Argentina’s victory in the first tournament to be played in the region with the South American’s success in Qatar last month.JAMB Result
Whilst Ronaldo rejected the offer, it appears that he is attempting to raise the profile of the Saudi Arabian game and country with his move to Al-Nassr. During his introductory press conference, the Portuguese said: “Al-Nassr Club gave me the opportunity to go through a new experience and to be a source of inspiration for the current and future generations.