www.fud.edu.ng | Federal University Dutse : FUD
The Federal University, Dutse (FUD) is one of the known federal government Universities in Nigeria. The university’s major role is to conduct the post UTME screening admission exercise for candidates who wish to be students of the school. On this page you will see everything you need to know about FUD; about, history, mandate/act, objectives/roles, current leadership, departments and units, achievements, challenges, and contact details. Here, you will also see all related news and the latest updates about FUD. Federal University, Dutse (FUD)
Brief History of FUD
The Federal University Dutse (FUD), received its charter, along with eight other newly established Federal Universities, from the Federal Government of Nigeria on February 9, 2011. The University’s campus is located in the capital of Jigawa State, Dutse, an ancient town in northwestern Nigeria. The University’s host town, Dutse, offers the charm of a small agricultural town, with easy access to major metropolitan areas such as Kano, Bauchi, Maiduguri, and Kaduna. The university recognizes the importance of its location in Dutse and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of these great metropolitan areas in the surrounding states.
FUD seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and create academic relationships with many universities and higher educational institutions in Nigeria and across the world. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the community, the nation, and the world. Jamb Result
As a new federal government-owned institution, FUD offers a broad range of degree programs in the humanities, the natural and social sciences, and agriculture, in years to come, courses in management sciences, environmental studies, law, education, engineering, and medicine. FUD’s pioneer student body will be about 265 undergraduates. As a new university, it is committed to the best tradition of excellence. It aspires to be a teaching and research-intensive, technologically driven institution. FUD hopes to attract distinguished nationally and internationally known researchers, authors, scientists and scholars, and other fellows and members of professional associations and academies who might help disseminate its vision of higher education, knowledge, and service. JMK, Sammie, Maria evicted from BBNaija S6
Read Also: List of 53 State Universities in Nigeria and Dates of Establishment
Federal University, Dutse (FUD) mandate is contained in the vision and mission Waec Result
The Federal University Dutse shall excel in educating men and women for competence and character. We will realize this vision by combining teaching and scholarship of high quality with exemplary leadership at all levels. By doing this we hope to earn nation and international recognition and further attract human and material resources needed for sustained and unrelenting excellence. Dollar to Naira Rate
The Federal University Dutse exists to cultivate learning, develop knowledge, and foster the free exchange of ideas. The University will focus on a strong tradition of distinguished scholarship, research, teaching, and service that is grounded in a commitment to increasing and disseminating scientific, humanistic, and social knowledge for the benefit of the larger society. In this, FUD will strive to be a major research university with extensive graduate programs that are also dedicated to outstanding undergraduate and professional education. The University’s faculties and departments will be committed to the intellectual, cultural, and ethical development of students as citizens, scholars, and professionals. FUD graduates will be prepared to contribute to a global society that requires leaders with creativity, integrity, and a dedication to service. Finally, FUD is committed to ideas that will make it to be recognized around the world as one of the best institutions of higher education. Npower Recruitment
Read Also: List of 45 Federal Universities in Nigeria and Dates of Establishment
5 Objectives/Roles OF FUD
Federal University Dutse aims at nurturing and producing well-balanced men and women, worthy in character and learning, who recognized and appreciate the dignity of work, and are able to see themselves as agents of change for development and for the common good. The university will concern itself with teaching, learning and research for the attainment of excellence, particularly in its chosen areas of teaching and research, to the end that it shall inculcate in its staff and students those higher values which are fundamental to the ethical, socio-economic, scientific, and technological development of the society. Five objectives that defined the aspirations and key initiatives that will propel FUD on the part of prominence are: –
- Contribute to the National effort in providing high-quality university education devoid of the usual interruptions. Jamb Result
- Build an academic community in which the youths can develop their full potential under a tradition of excellence in all spheres of life.
- Advance the frontiers of knowledge through research in the various fields of learning in which the University has expertise in Arts and the Sciences.
- Grow and develop into a significant symbol of local and national aspirations, especially for the host community, and to give and support impeachable public service, and foster cooperation with private and public institutions.
- Prepare and motivate students to fit into the world of knowledge, learning, work, and service.
Read Also: Top 100 Best State Universities in Nigeria – 2021 Nigerian University Ranking
List of FUD Faculties and Departments
Faculty of Agriculture
FUD currently runs six academic programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Crop Science
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Department of Forestry and Wildlife
- Department of Soil Science
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
FUD currently run four academic programmes in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of English Language
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
Faculty of Management Sciences
FUD currently run five academic programmes in the Faculty of Management Sciences
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Actuarial Science
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Taxation
Read Also: History of Universities in Nigeria and dates of their establishment
Faculty Of Science
FUD currently run nine academic programmes in the Faculty of Sciences including basic sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Botany and (Mathematics) and applied sciences (Microbiology, Biotechnology, Zoology and Environmental Management and Toxicology).
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Environmental Management & Toxicology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Microbiology & Biotechnology
Faculty of Computing
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Cyber Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of computer engineering
Notable Achievements of FUD
The list of notable achievements of FUD are divided into parts for easy comprehension as seen below:
The Federal University, Dutse (FUD) has gotten approval from the National Universities Commission (NUC) to offer five academic programmes which are:- Ritman University Post UTME Form 2021/2022 is Out
Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine, (MBBS); Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. Biology); Bachelor of Science, (B.Sc. Human Anatomy); Bachelor of Science, (B.Sc. Human Physiology) and Bachelor of Science, (B.Sc. Biochemistry).
Similarly, the University has also secured full accreditation for six out of the eight academic programmes it submitted in the May/June accreditation exercise by the NUC.” They are, English, Biology, Physics, Political Science, Zoology, Botany, and Chemistry secured full accreditation.
Read Also: 7 Tips Make First Class Degree In Nigerian Universities
The Federal University Dutse (FUD), has been able to create a state-funded research institution. The site was completed the last year in 2019 and will be open to research on mosquitoes – the vector responsible for spreading the malaria disease – and similar vectors. Jamb Result
Caused by the bite of an infected female Anopheles mosquito, malaria is a life-threatening disease affecting all ages. Infants, children under the age of five, and pregnant women are considered vulnerable to the disease.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) certified for use a new Entomological Surveillance Site.
Challenges Facing FUD
Some of the challenges facing Federal University Duste include;
- Challenge Of Funding & Finance
- Poor Management: structure
- facilities and equipment
- Corruption in the system
- Cult clashes
- The psychological effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic has devastating effects on not only the psychology of students experiencing the pandemic during the process but even the psychology of future students. Pandemics such as HIV/AIDS, influenza, SARS, MERS, which have appeared in the past and threatened the health of students of Federal University Duste, have also led to negative consequences in students’ psychology.
Read Also: Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria
FUD Contact Details
Ibrahim Aliyu Way Bye-Pass, Dutse, Nigeria.
ICT Directorate, Email:
Check and confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira Today