fulokoja.edu.ng | Federal University Lokoja (FULokoja)
The Federal University Lokoja (FULOKOJA), is a known federal government-owned university in Nigeria, located in the north. Their main role is to give qualitative education to candidates who wish to become students of the school. This is done through the FULOKOJA post UTME screening exercise every year. On this page, you will see everything you need to know about FULOKOJA; about, history, mandate/act, objectives/roles, current leadership, departments, and units, achievements, challenges, and contact details. Here, you will also see all related news and the latest updates about FULOKOJA. Information Guides Nigeria
Read Also: FULOKOJA Post UTME Past Questions and Answer
The Federal University Lokoja, popularly known as Fulokoja, is a federal university in the confluence city of Lokoja, the capital of Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria. Lokoja lies at the confluence of the Niger and Benue rivers.
The Federal University Lokoja was established in February 2011 by the Federal Government of Nigeria, as a result of the indispensable need to create more universities in the country. Federal University, Lokoja (FULOKOJA)
Brief History of FULOKOJA
The Federal University Lokoja was established alongside with other eight (8) new Federal universities on the 16th February, 2011, following a pronouncement by the former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Soon afterwards, a Vice-Chancellor and Registrar in the persons of Professor Abdulmumini Hassan Rafindadi and Mrs. Habiba Anavoza Adeiza were appointed respectively. JAMB form
The current Vice-Chancellor is Professor Olayemi Akinwumi since 15th February, 2021, while the current Registrar is Mr. Usman Suleman Obansa. The University is sited at Lokoja, the Capital city of Kogi State of Nigeria, in the North Central political zone. 4 Disadvantages of Treasury Bills in Nigeria
Read Also: JAMB Cut Off Mark for All Schools; Universities, Poly and Colleges
The mandate of the Federal University Lokoja (FULOKOJA) is contained in the mission and vision statement of the institution and they are listed below.
To train employable graduates through competency-based teaching, applied research and practical community service to the catchment area, Africa and the world.
To be the best among the nine newly established Federal universities in Nigeria in 2011, and one of the top ten ranking universities in Africa. The Truth Behind Jay-Jay Okocha Teaching Ronaldinho Football Skills.
Objectives of FULOKOJA
Here are the objectives of FULOKOJA:
- To produce students that can competently handle diverse Chemistry issues and concepts with in-depth focus on specialized areas.
- Aims at producing Computer Science graduates that have the ability to apply knowledge and skills for solving theoretical and practical problems in Computer Science, and the development of relevant ICT for national development.
- Provides excellent teaching, research, and community/consultancy services in the field of biology, for the enhancement of local, national, and global ecologic-economic wellbeing of humanity. Npower recruitment
Read Also: Adeleke University JUPEB Admission Form
List of Faculties in FULOKOJA
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of Management Science
- Faculty of Education
10 Notable Achievements of FULOKOJA
The institution, under the watch of Professor Angela Freeman Miri, has been able to bring a lot of benefits and recognition to the school. Below are some of the notable achievements of the school: dollar to naira rate
- Re-accreditation of all the Programmes in the Faculty of Science including Statistics with FULL ACCREDITATION marks by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- Establishment of the School of Post-Graduate Studies and commencement of academic activities in 2019/2020 Academic Session.
- Successful Resource Verification of the Post-Graduate Programmes of the existing courses in the University at the PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D levels (with the exception of the Departments of Economics and Political Science that were denied approval to run Ph.D by the NUC. However, the Dean of the School of Post-Graduate Studies is following up on it with the full support of the University Management.
- Creation of additional Faculties from two (2) to five (5), namely; Faculty of Science, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Management Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Education.
- Construction of Multi-Purpose Complex at the Adankolo Campus, 100% completed and in-use.
- Construction of Departmental Office block at the Adankolo Campus, 100% completed and in-use.
- The Furnishing of Departmental Office block at the Adankolo Campus, 100% completed and in-use.
- The Furnishing of Block of Laboratories and Classrooms at the Adankolo Campus, 100% completed and in-use.
- Equipping of Chemistry, Physics and Biology Laboratories (LOT I), Adankolo Campus, 100% in-use.
- Construction of 2Nos Block of Police Posts, Felele Campus, 100% completed.
Read Also: Top 100 Best Universities in Nigeria
5 Challenges facing FULOKOJA
Some of the challenges facing FULOKOJA include;
- Security challenges despite police intervention.
- The problem of ICT and its Utilisation.
- The problem of abandoned projects and erosion.
- Issue of cultism and antisocial activities in spite of the zero-tolerance by the school authority.
- The Issue of examination malpractices. WAEC result
Read Also: Top 100 Best State Universities in Nigeria
FULOKOJA Contact Details
Federal University Lokoja, P.M.B 1154,
Behind Specialist Hospital, Lokoja,
Kogi State, Nigeria.
+(234) 123 4567 890
+(234) 123 4567 890
Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira today.