TV and radio adverts are not enough to get your business message across everyone especially your targeted customers. Gone are those days in which businesses were advertised through billboards and posters. Though these methods are still in use and fully functional, it does have its own limitation.
Advertising your business through billboards on road sides does not give more coverage and exposure to your business. Even television and radio adverts are no longer reaching the targeted audience efficiently nowadays because of the advent of online advertisement.
Most people tend to spend more time with their mobile phones and computers compared to the watching of TV and listening to radio. Workers who have to go to work and return in the evening won’t have much time to watch the TV nor listen to radio due to the stress brought upon them at work. With these, they resolve to the reading of news online and listening to online radios.
In order to still keep your customers and targeted audience informed about existence of your products or services. You also have to follow the trend by placing your adverts online. Online advertisement is the most efficient way of carrying your messages across to the whole world. In this post, you will see the best places where you can advertise your businesses.
When we speak of online advertisement, all we mean is advertising your businesses through websites, blogs or social media. There is no special billboard on the internet where you can place banners of upload a kind of audio containing your advert but there is a medium through which these could be possible and this medium is mainly the website or blog or social media.
Advantages of Online Advertisement
- It is cheap and efficient: placing adverts on websites are very cheap compared to the result you will receive by investing in it. Some websites charge weekly for adverts while some charge monthly. Others may decide to charge you yearly if you decide to place your advert for a long time.
- It is global: anything uploaded on the internet can be accessed anywhere in the world by anyone as long as there is permission for access. Indulging in online advertisement will not only inform Nigerians about the existence of your product or service but also people from other countries and continents.
- Constancy: adverts placed on websites or social media like facebook and twitter will always remain on those places unless they are removed. This implies that your advert can be accessed anytime and will always be viewed by any visitor anytime, any day and anywhere.
Factors to Consider When Advertising Online
When it comes to online advertisement, there are certain factors which you must consider. Websites are visited by humans and robots but you must bear in mind that your product advert is mainly for humans and not robots. Below are certain factors to be considered.
1. Website traffic: the number of people that visits a website a day comes into when online advertizing is being considered. When advertizing online, you must choose a website with huge traffic.
2. audience: when placing an advert online, you must know the kind of people you would like to patronize your business. If your product is about electronics, placing an advert on an educational website where students visit won’t do any good but rather, placing it on a news and entertainment site will yield maximally.
For businesses who want to advertize their products to adults, then they must know which website or online media they are likely to access. Adults go online to read news, perform research and other minor things. Social media like facebook and twitter may not really reach out to majority of adults but depending on your product, you can use any of the about to be listed advertizing media.
Places to Advertise Online
1. InfoGuideNigeria.com: This is a multi-author blog in Nigeria. Their advert rate is cheap considered to other blogs. See their rates here
Naij.com is a website which has a wide variety of contents; it provides health articles, Nigerian news and many other contents. These makes it open to many visitors and their traffic is great. If you want your product to reach millions of Nigerians monthly, you can consider advertising your business on naij.com
3. Vanguard Newspaper’s official website
Vanguard newspaper is a very popular newspaper in Nigeria. Those who can’t access their newspaper will likely go to their website to get their latest content. If you want to advertize your business online, then vanguard is a good choice.
Pulse newspaper is also good when it comes to online advertising.
5. linda Ikeji’s blog
Linda ikeji is known for her popular entertainment blog. Her traffic and targeted visitors are massive and you can consider advertising your website there.
Facebook advert is also a good means of reaching out to the general public. It is cheap and easy to go about
just like facebook, twitter also has their own advertisement means. if you want your business to be as viral as your tweets then going for twitter adverts is a good option.
8. Nairaland forum
Nairaland is a broad discussion forum and the most popular Nigerian-owned website in Nigeria. It has over a million members and very dedicated members. It is a great medium to drive huge traffic to your website or create awareness about your product or service.
9. The nation newspaper
To me, advertising your business on a prominent newspaper site is the best way to reach out to targeted audience and potential buyers. the nation newspaper is well known all over nigeria, so advertising there will bring a good result.
Olx is the hottest free classifieds website in Nigeria, it allows you to advertise products and services for free and has hundreds of thousands of listings. It is quite popular with small business people and buyers too. However, bigger organizations can make use of its sponsored links through Google Adwords, if you want to advertise on OLX, then go through here.
VConnect is Nigeria’s leading online business directory and has thousands of businesses listed. It also has a great search engine that is very popular. In addition, it has a free listing service and small advertisers can graduate the amounts they commit to advertising on the platform as their budgets increase. To learn how to advertise on VConnect, click here.Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).