What is the cost of 3D epoxy flooring system in Nigeria? Why should you opt for an epoxy flooring technology? Find the answers in this article.
Have you ever been caught up by a beautiful and powerful visual-effect flooring system that could be so overwhelming that you think you might just sink into the imagery?
3D Epoxy flooring system is one of the trendiest flooring systems available on the planet. Beyond providing aesthetic value, what more does this unique flooring system offer? The following paragraphs provide more insight to the advantages of epoxy flooring system.
See the cost of installing epoxy flooring system below
Epoxy flooring technology is a flooring system used with a combination of resins and hardeners that chemically react to form a rigid plastic material. The resulting material is usually firm, semi-gloss or high gloss, resistant to abrasion and durable. Epoxy bonds really well to most base layers such as concrete.
Types of Epoxy Flooring systems
- 100% Solid epoxy coatings. This type of epoxy coating is usually the strongest, and most expensive of the types of epoxy flooring systems. Professional installers typically use this type on commercial floors. When applied in heavy human traffic areas, the solid coating can last up to 20 years.
- Solvent based epoxy coatings. Solvents based epoxy floor coatings are similar to the water based. Solvents instead of water are used to dilute the epoxy. Solvent based epoxy coating usually contains 30 to 70 percent solids. Like the water based system, solvent based epoxy coating become thinner on initial application. The nature of solvent constituents i.e. the high content of volatile organic compound usually makes solvent based epoxy flooring a less preferred choice and a non-compliant product with safety regulations.
- Water based epoxy coatings. They are thinner and do not possess the same durability and protective properties as the 100 percent solid epoxy coatings. It is much easier to install them as they are user friendly than the rest of epoxy flooring systems. Water based epoxy coatings gives concrete a smooth and glossy surface with protection against abrasions, chemical reactions and stains.
The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring Systems
- Protects floor from wearing out.
Concrete surface although being rugged and strong could wear off over time due to moisture issues, spills, abrasions etc. However, epoxy floor coatings can be a durable protective coating for concrete surfaces. They provide extra resistant to abrasion and tough surface to withstand heavy human traffic and frequent activities.
- Promote aesthetic value.
Epoxy floor coating is a very flexible approach to floor decoration. With epoxy coating, you could enjoy a wide array of designs, colours and real-to-life representations that create illusionary effect. You can never be limited on creativity using this technique. The aesthetic value provided by 3D epoxy floor designs and finishing can have a positive impact in a workplace, business premises, or resident. Beyond enjoying a pleasant experience, investors, clients, visitors, employees would carry with them a positive impression about your brand.
- Increases functional value.
Epoxy floor coating is one of the best options for creating floor colour coding system which can be used in designating work zones, directing traffic flow or communicating safety instructions.
- Promotes safety and quality control.
Safety and quality control is important for processing industries or manufacturing companies that daily handle chemical solvents as part of their work activities. Epoxy coatings can better resist corrosive substances than concrete surfaces. Also, it is much easier to manage clean-up safely and faster. Epoxy coatings are available in a variety of textures and special properties to provide safety from food poisoning, slip resistance, electrostatic dissipative capabilities etc. In addition, most epoxy floor coatings in use have fire resistant properties. Since they do not burn easily, they are often a preferred choice for manufacturing companies, hospitals, schools, warehouses etc.
Factors that affect cost of installation
The cost of installing an epoxy floor system could be affected by many factors which include the following:
- Total square footage. It is easier to negotiate cost for larger total square footage than for smaller total square footages.
- Durability and lifespan. Epoxy flooring is usually charged based on cost per square footage per year of life expectancy. This means the more durable or greater the lifespan the more cost it will attract.
- System complexity and design. Epoxy flooring systems are generally hard to install and require a skilled professional. Since perfection is required to achieve better results, it is usually safer to hire a professional but unfortunately, this skill is limited. Professional would most likely capitalize on the charges of workmanship. Additionally, the process of installing can take 3 to 7 days to complete.
- Source of materials. If materials are not easily sourced within the locality, contractors would most often raise the price to cover for cost of transporting materials.
- Epoxy tools and materials. Epoxy flooring tools and materials are not in themselves cheap, therefore, installation cost per square footage can never be in three figures.
Cost estimate of Installing Epoxy floor coating
|Average range per square footage(plain to moderate designs, semi to high glossy feature):||₦ 7,900 – ₦10,000|
|Low end range per square footage ( moderate designs, semi to high glossy feature):||₦12,000 – ₦20,000|
|High end range per square footage (intense and detailed design, semi to high glossy feature):||₦32,000 – ₦40,000|
The above is an average estimate of installing epoxy floor coating. You could be opportune to find installations at really low cost of about ₦5000; however, quality should be a concern in which ever price range within your budget. Nevertheless, with an estimate of ₦8,000 to ₦10,000 per square footage, you could get a high quality and plain glossy surface even with moderate designs if you wish. Opting for intense designs such as coral reef representations will increase installation cost to about ₦32,000 – ₦40,000. It all depends on the factors involved.
While considering epoxy floor systems as a choice, it is beneficial to be informed about the types available by your installer and know what you pay for. It is more advantageous to strike a deal with quality and durability than with cheap rates that become expensive repairs in the long run. The 100% solid epoxy coating is usually the most recommended type of epoxy coating. The advantages far outweigh the cost of installation especially with regards to its longevity. When comparing it with other flooring techniques, you would not fail to conclude that epoxy flooring system indeed makes a lot of sense.Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).