“Money spent on the brain is never spent in vain.” -Joe Griffith”
Employee training benefits the overall operation and productivity of any company. Studies have concluded time and again that employee development training increase knowledge and enhance skills in employees, gradually helping them become competitive and adept in their respective line of work and, thereby, giving multiple advantages to an organization and its workforce.
However, many companies view employees training as an expense rather than an investment. This is understandable for an organization that holds training but doesn’t know what to expect in return.
Read on as we discusses why formal employee training and development is essential for the continued success of your business.
Top Reasons of Companies for Creating Employee Development Training
1. To create a learning culture in your company
2. Make your employees upbeat with the competition and be at the top of their professions
3. Create a pilot team for or test a new operation performance management system
4. To train about a specific topic
5. To put a benchmark on the improvement status of efforts
6. When a performance appraisal indicates a need for performance improvement.
General Highlights Covered in a Typical Employee Training
Companies generally conduct training on these specific topics:
- Communications.Effective communication skills is a necessity in an increasingly diversifying global competition.
- Orientation. New hires should be introduced to the working culture in your company. Training can provide a sound introduction and orientation to the varying cultures in your company, including your learning culture. This training should introduce employees to your company, with emphasis on the processes and successful procedures developed and learned over time.
- Expectations.You can cultivate a learning culture in your company by communicating your expectations to employees so they may take the necessary steps to continually hone their skills and work to be the best they can be. Employee training supports these efforts by supplying the resources employees need to reach their goals. Also make sure to communicate your expectations as a result of the specific training you will conduct to them.
- Learning.A successful training for employees constitutes a part that addresses the future needs of the company as far as leadership is concerned. The training’s core component should provide for a systematic development and identification of your managers with regards to the management technique that can help put forward your business goals, make it unique and more profitable.
- Customer Service.Most, if not all, organizations face customers everyday, from clients to regular customers asking how your vacuum cleaner works. Remember that customer patronage is what your business thrives on, so excellent customer relations skills should be practiced at all times.
Benefits from Employee Training
Employee training can be seen as an ego-boosting activity both for employees who recently received a poor or satisfactory performance appraisal and those demanded to beat competition. Employee training creates a learning culture that increases employee self-esteem and decreases workplace tension.
Overall, it creates a rippling effect throughout the entire organization. Spending an hour a week for employee training gives immediate paybacks both short term and long term. Training empowers employees and adds value to the organization as a whole.
Results from many studies agree on the huge impact of employee training on your bottom line, with emphasis on employee retention and considering the human resources that go into establishing a new hire into your company.
Training expenses might stop companies from holding training, but when you think of the long-term benefits on employee job performance, overall productivity, and employee retention, there is a huge difference that will go a long way.
This article is contributed by Priya Nagrale who is writes career topics & latest jobs alerts on SureJob.in. You can find some of the best tips on career growth on her blog SureJob.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!
👍Advertise your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here