In this article, I will give you the breakdown of the capital needed to set up a petrol station in Nigeria. I earlier published an article on the how to own a petrol filling station in Nigeria. In that article, we outline the various steps you will need to register and kick-start your filling station business.
Before you start a petrol filling station, you need to know the estimated amount that will be needed to complete the task considering the cost of living in Nigeria. Today, we want to give the full break capital needed to set up a petrol station in Nigeria.
Please note that this breakdown is just an estimate. What I mean is that the amount stated here may be more or less than the real amount you will spend if you are setting up a new filling station.
Please confirm and crosscheck the prices before you make any financial transactions with anybody.
Capital Needed to Set Up a Petrol Station in Nigeria
Here are the basic things you need and their prices;
- Land: You need at least two plots of land. The price of land depends on your negotiation power and location. The land should be nearer to the road for easy accessibility by motorist, who will be your potential customers. You should budget at least 4 Million naira for land
- Site Registration with IPMAN: The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) is the umbrella organisation that overseas the activity of the oil marketers. You will need to register your site with them and obtain the approval to start a filling station. As at the time of writing this article, registration with IPMAN is about N1.2 Million naira.
- Architectural Drawing: A typical cost of an archi drawing of a filling station is about 800 thousand naira. Well, it will also depend on your bargaining power.
- Construction: Depending on your design, you may need at least 6 Nozzle filling Station: i.e; 4 Petrol nozzlea, 1: Kerosene, 1: Diesel to make up a standard filling station. The construction cost will be around 30 Million naira (rough estimate).
- Bay: You will need to build a standard lube bay. Bay is one of the most important section of a standard filling station. Construction of a standard bay will cost about 5 Million naira (rough estimatte)
- Miscellaneous: These are transportation, electrical, logistics etc. This may amount to about 5Million naira.
In total, you should hold nothing less than 55 Million naira (rough estimate). This amount may be increased or reduced depending on your accessibility to materials and bargaining power.
Please if you are looking for the capital needed to set up a petrol station in Nigeria, you are advised to contact any trusted filling station owner. Liaise with him/her about the general cost.
In fact, you need to hire a consultant if you are totally new in this field. This will help you to stay away from unnecessary mistakes.
If you have any question, let us know in the comments sections below. We will answer them as soon as possible.
Remember to share this post on social media. I wish you success
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!
👍Advertise your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here