In this post, we look at the Cost of stamped concretes in Nigeria. You might want to ask, What is “stamp concrete” and how does it look like?
Stamped Concrete is an aspect of decorative concrete flooring technique that utilizes texture and colour as features in concrete so as to resemble natural textured surfaces from stone, brick, slate, cobblestone and many other components found in nature.
They are widely applied in obtaining a desirable finish to commercial roads, driveways, parking lots, patios and even interior floors. Why has this unique technique become so wide spread?
Prior to gaining a steady popularity in Nigeria, stamp concrete was already in use since the 1950s, but later became popular in 1970s.
In those time period, builders viewed it as a convenient choice, cost effective, and innovative way to achieve desirable result and to satisfy customers’ requirement. Initially, there were quite limited choices of stamp concrete design and colours.
Today, however, there are limitless array of stamping patterns, designs of different colours, produced with many and different types of stains. All these are made possible by the growth of the stamp concrete industry.
What is the cost of installing stamped concretes in Nigeria? What factors influence the cost? What cost is involved in maintenance? And what are the benefits of installing stamp concretes? This article provides answers to all these questions.
What are the benefits of installing stamped concretes?
With stamped concretes, you can enjoy the following benefits:
1. Affordable cost. It cost less to use a resembling pattern than to use original surface patterns from their natural materials such as bricks, granite, state or stones.
2. Limitless customizing options. There is a wide choice of colours, patterns and stains you could use to harmonize with both interiors and exteriors, and landscaping design.
3. Longevity. Stamped concretes are indeed durable and can last for many years. They are even more durable than interlocking stones, which are commonly used by property owners in Nigeria. Stamp concrete are advantageous in withstanding the challenges and demands of heavy traffic, pressures from vehicle tyres, patio furniture, pets and various activities.
4. Easy installation process. Installation process for stamp concrete follows a simple route. This involves: the adding a base colour to the concrete, followed by an accent colour, and lastly stamping a pattern into the concrete.
5. Low maintenance level. Stamped concrete allows you to keep floor maintenance to a minimum by resealing about once every few years in order to maintain its luxurious look. Apart from that, you would need to sweep to keep it clean.
6. Increase value to property. A stamped concrete not only increases the aesthetic value, it dignifies the property so as to increase the reselling value of property.
What is involved in the cost of maintaining stamped concrete?
The cost of maintenance, normally, involves sweeping materials, a special concrete cleaning agent, and the re-application of a new coat of sealant for every few years.
Maintenance is needed because over time, the colour-dyes fade due to rain, thus, giving the concrete a dull and patchy look. Neglected maintenance could lead to cracking caused by concrete expansion and contraction, thus, resulting in moisture getting beneath.
Therefore, resealing stamped concrete is a must for the preservation of colour, to prevent surfaces from becoming fragmented or cracked, and to avoid the high cost of repairing the stamped concrete, especially, in cases involving heavy designs.
What affects the cost of installing stamp concretes in Nigeria?
Cost of installing stamped concrete varies across Nigeria. Below are the major factors that impose margin on the cost.
1. Source of materials needed for installation: Location where materials are sourced by the installers has a bearing on the cost. For example, if materials such as colour hardeners, dry shakes, liquid releases, acid stains, stamp mats, and so forth are purchased from overseas, installers would be moved to charge higher due to additional price tag in importation.
The case is opposite if materials are sourced locally. An Increte mat can cost as high as ₦100,000. No wonder, you would find a margin in the cost of installation.
2. Size of area for installation. Stamp concrete cost is usually charged per square foot or yard by most installers. Therefore, the larger the area to be installed, the more charge it attracts.
3. Labour: A lot of hand detailing is involved in the installation of stamp concrete. This is quite different from the method of simply placing slaps or tiles on the concrete. Because a great deal of time, effort and care is needed on the part of the installer, a labour fee is included in the upfront or overall cost.
4. Quantity and Quality of Material: A more intricate design of quality would require more tools or materials with quality. Hence, quality and amount of materials involved would influence the cost.
5. Colours and patterns: Installation that involves applying a single base colour would be less expensive than those that involve multiple accent colours or stains. The same goes with the choice of pattern. The more details there is in the design, the more labour is required by the installer and moreover, the costlier the installation becomes.
6. Surface clearing: If more work is required in clearing the previous surface for the installer to begin work on, it would most probably attract an additional cost.
Cost of stamped concrete in Nigeria
|Average Range per square ft.:||₦ 4,000 – 6,000|
|Low End Range per square ft.:||₦1,000 – ₦2,500|
|High End Range per square ft.:||₦9,000 – ₦12,000|
|Polished/decorative stamp concrete per square ft.:||₦1,000 – ₦7,000|
|Ordinary stamp concrete per square ft.:||₦1,000 – ₦3,500|
Cost of stamp concrete in Nigeria is available at affordable prices.
Therefore, there is no reason to hold back on stamp concrete considering the numerous advantages to be enjoyed from it.
Granted, the overall cost of installing stamp concrete may appear to be on the high end, reflecting on the factors that influence cost would help you understand where the cost comes from.
See the Detail: Cost of Building Materials in Nigeria
Additionally, it would help plan a strategy to minimize cost and to strike a fair deal with your hired installer. It all requires budgeting, a fair deal and your set for a brilliantly installed stamp concrete.
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).