FUTO Postgraduate Admission Form 2021/2022 Is Out. This is to inform the general public and applicants who are interested in studying any of the under listed postgraduate courses at the federal university of technology Owerri that the management of the institution has begun the sale of forms for admission into the postgraduate courses of the school for 2021/2022 academic session. Interested applicants should see the list of available postgraduate courses, cost of application form, admission requirements and how to apply below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate programmes of the University. The postgraduate programmes are available in Diploma, Masters and Doctorate degree programmes for 2021/2022 academic session under Regular, Part-Time and Centre for Continuing Education (Weekend). The University also offer Postgraduate programmes in the Institute of Women, Gender and Development Studies (IWoGDS), Institute of Erosion Studies (IES) and Public Procurement Research Centre (PPRC).
1.0 GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENT
All candidates must have credit passes at O’level including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry for all courses in Engineering. For other courses, candidates must possess five credits including English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science and two other relevant subjects at O’level. FUTO Postgraduate Admission Form
2.0 OTHER NECESSARY INFORMATION
2.1 Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- All candidates must meet matriculation requirements including O’level credit passes in English language and mathematics and any other related subjects as required by the Department.
- Holders of HND with credit or above in its relevant areas. Professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACA, FIST, FIMT, FMILT, FNIST may also qualify for admission.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from FUTO or any other recognized universities with at least a third-class honours
- A good Bachelor’s Degree with at least second class honours in other related disciplines.
3.0 MASTERS: M.SC, M.ENG, M.TECH AND MPH
Candidates applying for the Master of Science (M.Sc), Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Master of Technology (M.Tech) and Master of Public Health (MPH) programmes must possess any of the following in addition to O’Level Credit Passes in English Language and Mathematics and satisfying the basic matriculation requirements of the Department/Institute:
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) qualification in the related area from FUTO or from any other recognized University.
- A Bachelors degree from a recognized University plus a PGD of not less than 2.50 CGPA on a 5-point scale and a 2.00 CGPA on a 4-point scale in the relevant area.
However, for M.Sc in Financial Management Technology and Management Technology candidates must possess O’Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two subjects from Physics, Biology, Agricultural Science, and Geography. Pounds to Naira
3.1 M.SC IN OPTOMETRY
Candidates applying for the Master of Science (M.Sc) in Optometry programme must possess any of the following in addition to O’Level Credit Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- A Doctor of Optometry (O.D) degree with a minimum of 2.50 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 2.00 CGPA on a 4-point scale in the related area from FUTO or from any other recognized University.
- Completion of one year internship programme and NYSC programme.
3.2 M.SC IN GENDER STUDIES
Candidates applying for the Master of Science (M.Sc) in Gender Studies programme must possess any of the following:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Upper Credit or above plus PGD in Gender Studies
- Bachelors Degree in the relevant discipline from FUTO or any other recognized University with at least a Third Class Honours plus a PGD in Gender Studies. Jamb Result
- A good Bachelors Degree with at least Second Class Honours in other related disciplines.
4.0 O’LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR GENDER STUDIES
O’level credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in addition to any other three subjects as following:
- Gender and Development Studies/Entrepreneurship (Economics, Government or History, Commerce, Geography).
- Gender and Science/Global Health (Chemistry, Biology, Physics)
- Gender and Technology (Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Agricultural Science).
- Gender and Agricultural Technology (Chemistry, Agricultural Science or Biology and Food Nutrition or Home Economics).
5.0 MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
Candidates applying for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme must possess any of the following in addition to O’Level Credit Passes in English and Mathematics and satisfying the basic matriculation requirements of the Department:
- A good Honours Degree with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering and Management Technology from FUTO or from any other recognized University.
- Candidates with Bachelors degree from a recognized University with at least a third class plus a Postgraduate Diploma.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) lower credit or above plus a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field may apply for the MBA programme. Dollar to Naira Rate
- A Bachelors degree in other fields plus a PGD in a relevant field.
However, for MBA in Financial Management Technology and Management Technology, candidates must possess O’Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two subjects from Physics, Agricultural Science, and Geography.
6.0 DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D)
Candidates applying for the Ph.D progrmame must possess any of the following in addition to O’Level Credit Passes in English and Mathematics and satisfying the basic matriculation requirements of the Department/Institute:
- A Master’s degree with a CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 point scale or 2.80 on a 4.00 point scale or its equivalent in the relevant areas from FUTO or any recognized University.
- Any other qualification as the University Senate may from time to time recognize/approve.
NOTE: Candidates with Bachelor or Master’s degree in Education (B.Ed and M.Ed) need not apply.
A. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are advised to complete the application forms online through www.futo.edu.nd as from 15th October, 2021.
Applicants are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their credentials.
- Ensure that the referee’s email address supplied is valid as a referee form link would be sent to your referee for completion online.
- Please note that only valid email address and phone number are used as further correspondences will through these channels.
- print out a copy of the acknowledgement sleep when the form is complete. Also, an acknowledgement will be sent to the email address you provided while filling the form. Therefore make sure you provide a valid personal email address.
- Ensure that the online form is carefully and correctly completed. Npower Recruitment
For more enquires send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
B. DOCUMENTS TO UPLOAD TO THE PG SCHOOL PORTAL
Candidates should upload the following relevant documents in support of their application online.
i. Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate/Statement of Result
ii. University Degree Certificates/Statement of Result
iii. NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Letter
iv. “O” Level Result
v. Other relevant documents. Waec Result
SUBMISSION OF ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT
All applicants must forward hard copies of their academic transcripts to reach the Deputy Registrar/Secretary, Postgraduate School, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State Nigeria.
Please note that any application without academic transcript will not be considered for admission.
The website will close on February 28, 2022 and all submission of documents will close on same day. All successful candidates will be notified via email/SMS. Jamb form
J. U. Nnabuihe
🤑 Start making money from home today!
👉 Get correct FREE TIPS and Guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.