Are you struggling to get pregnant but no luck? If yes read these 10 tips to increase your chances of getting pregnant to almost 100%. Just try this and you will become a mother in next 10 months.
There is no doubt that the joy of every home is the presence of a child in it. For a man, its the continuity of his bloodline and his family name while for a woman, the child is the fruit of her womb and a stamp of her fertility status in the eyes of the society and the society at large.
A delay in getting a child can be frustrating and heartbreaking to say the very least but it definitely doesn’t define you and its far from the end of the world for you. This article seeks to enlighten you about some of the means by which you can be able to curb the ordeal and for those looking to get married soon, the following tips could be essential:
1. Strive for a healthy body weight: There is a popular saying “health is wealth” and as vague as it may sound, it goes a long way in encompassing a lot of things. It is necessary to keep a healthy balance when trying to conceive because being too skinny can make it difficult to conceive the same can be rightly said about being too fat.
Research has shown that a woman who is overweight (her Body Mass Index, or BMI, is greater than 35) can take twice as long to become pregnant as a woman whose BMI is considered normal. Anything below 18.5 completely deteriorates your chances of getting pregnant.
2. Eating healthy foods: When trying to conceive, its advisable that you consume mainly healthy foods, although there is no particular diet that has been confirmed as fertility-promoting. It is advisable that a lady rats food that possess adequate nutrients like calcium, protein and iron to make her body ready for pregnancy. It is also advisable to reduce your intake of caffeine as research shows that consuming large amounts of caffeine daily can reduce the fertility rate of a woman.
It has also been recommended that a lady looking to conceive should avoid meals that posses high cholesterol levels as they tend to make it difficult to get pregnant.
3. Reduce the amount of strenuous workouts: Staying fit and working out is good but too much of heavy exercise can affect your chances of getting pregnant as advised by medical practitioners. If you are a lady that indulges in excessive workout, it’s essential you cut down on these workouts as they tend to cause menstrual disturbances and also interfere with the ovulation process.
4. Quit and avoid smoking: Chemicals like nicotine and carbon monoxide are present in cigarettes and have been identified by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine lead to large rate of loss of eggs. Environments with huge intake of marijuana should be strictly avoided by a woman if she is trying to conceive.
5. Stay away from alcohol: There is no doubt that there are some times when you are having a bad day and you just want to relax and tone down with some glasses of red wine or bottles of alcohol. However, if you are trying to conceive, it is best to avoid any intake of alcohol because taking as low as a bottle per day or large amounts can cause serious repercussions for a lady trying to get pregnant. These assessment is according to The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
6. Have sex every other day during the fertile window: A woman’s most fertile period has been identified as the “fertile window” and these period is a 6-day interval. The five days before her ovulation and the day of the ovulation inclusive are the best days to have sex if you are looking to get pregnant. Various studies have sought to indicate that sexual intercourse is most likely to end in a pregnancy when it happens just two days before her ovulation.
7. Pre-conception planning: The idea behind this is to meet a Doctor who would help assess your overall health and help you identify lifestyle changes that might improve your chances of getting pregnant. It is essential if you or your partner possesses any health challenge.
8. See a fertility doctor: It is advisable that you see a doctor after having regular sexual intercourse for a period of 6 months without any form of birth control especially if the lady is above 35 years old. If the lady is above 35 years old, its advisable that she begins investigation and treatment as soon as possible. However, if you are below 35 years, it is advisable you see a specialist if after a year of sexual intercourse without birth control pills, you have found it impossible to conceive.
9. In vitro fertilization: It is a technique of assisted reproductive technology for treatment of infertility. In vitro fertilisation ( IVF ) is a process by which an egg is fertilised by sperm outside the body. “In Vitro” means in glass. The process involves the removal of a woman’s ovum from her ovaries and letting the sperm fertilize in a liquid in a laboratory.
This procedure is employed when it is discovered that the woman has problems with her fallopian tube and it is very difficult for her to get pregnant “in vivo”. It is also helpful if there is believed to be a defect in the quality of the man’s sperm. The final situation where IVF is mostly employed is in the case of gestational surrogacy.
10. Be kind to other children: Although, this does not have any proven scientific relationship to getting pregnant, we believe that being kind to others could attract favour. So, just try it.
I hope these few tips have proferred would be effective in your bid to having that dream baby. It is worthy of note however that these few tips of mine don’t equate medical advice of any kind.
AD: Click here to Read Latest Nigerian News