The vast land in Nigeria offers great potential for the tipper business. Land constitutes one of the factors of production out of others which include machine, capital and labor (entrepreneur).
Land provides different kind of valuable economic resources which constitute business opportunities in Nigeria. The tipper Business is used for the conveyance of many of these economic resources. Which are marketed to numerous clients in Nigeria?
Economic resources such as Gold, iron, silver, diamond, crude oil, platinum and many other precious substances are derived from the land. Food crops which we market and consume are derived from the land.
Sand and gravel are also derived from land and they are sold and marketed to earn a huge living. This is the central point of the tipper business.
The ability to acquire the legal and capital requirements give you the access to venture into the tipper business, and make a lot of financial fortunes and gains as soon as possible.
With this article you will have the opportunity to read through the tipper business and how you can start the tipper business and make big money in your lifetime.
This will involve supplying sands and stones to customers with your carriage trucks and Tippers. It is really a very good investment opportunity for people who have the capability to procure these trucks.
This investment opportunities lies on the conveyance of resources in the field of construction, sands of different textures, stones of different grades and qualities are always demanded conveyed and marketed.
business is needed in the building houses, putting up structures and working around the environment. This is because sands and stones are often needed by builders, project managers and contractors for the execution of their contract.
Tippers are also needed in Erosion sites to be used for filling up deeps lands with a perfect combination of sand, cement and gravel.
Starting a Tipper Business requires the following things:
1. The Purchase of a TIPPER; the first and essential thing you need is to purchase a carriage truck or tipper which is the most important thing required for starting a Tipper business.
The tipper is used for conveying sand and stones from different sources and destinations to clients. The purchase of this truck requires substantial amount of capital.
The prospective sources of funds include funds from private savings, borrowings from friends and relatives and from financial institution like banks, or from the reasonable sales of your valuables, monetary gift etc.
2. Processing of Vehicle particulars and licensing; It is important that all particulars of the truck are processed in order to avoid disruption of services by law enforcement officers.
Renew the expired ones. Enlist the truck with the relevant authorities, and register the truck with truck associations regulating activities of truck owners within your area of operation.
Corporate and , meet with other truck drivers, register with sand and stone sourcing sites so as to be eligible to do business with them.
3. Branding; it is important that you Brand your trucks with a unique business name and create a distinct brand for your business.
4. Driving; Endeavour to drive the truck by yourself or employ careful drivers to do so for an agreed wages and salary.
5. Performing the job. Accept supply offers from clients and keep to the schedule ensure you, supply them the required order such as trips of sands and stones according to their prescriptions and charge them prices that will cover and exceed your total cost to enable you make a profit.
Such cost as carriage expenses, checkpoint fees, gas expenses, professional driving costs, truck repairs and maintenance costs as well as other miscellaneous expenses associated with your business. Taking cognizance of your total cost will help you to maximize the returns that you get from this business.
6. Identify the customers of the business; Potential customers includes contractors, site overseers, individuals, household, government, builders, constructors, engineers, project managers, companies, schools, erosion site managers, environmental management officers among others. Relate and build a good customer relationship with them so as to enjoy their patronage
7. Maintenance and Repairs ;It is essential that maintenance services be conducted on the truck on stipulated periods Repair so as to ensure that they remain in good condition for use at work. Ensure to lubricate the engines, change faulty parts and paint the scratched surfaces.
8. Building Customer Base. It is important to enlarge your customer base and also maintain close relationship with them to enjoy more patronage. This means maintaining adequate records of the contacts of your customers and relating with them.
9. Try and Save money and later expand your business. Purchase more trucks and register the name of your business as a company.
You can inscribe the name of the business on the body of the truck. You can explore other opportunities such as hiring or leasing the truck out to contractors for payments.
10. The job can take you to many locations, within and without your locality far and near. Accept the responsibility to travel widely, and learn new routes. Always be courteous and friendly to your customers. Treat them fairly and build their confidence in your services.
11. Understand the price variations of sands and stones as well as the best locations and suppliers to source the good ones at cheap prices. A good and quality source of supply will build the image of your business and enhance high patronage of your product.
12. Conduct your business to the specification of the client. Ensure that all supplies are promptly made and done according to specification. Be honest at all times and avoid cheating as it could result in bad reputation.
Understand the measures used for sand and stone, gravel etc. and ensure you abide by it until further changes are made
13. Your Charges should be in line with industry rate .That means you have to be aware of the prices charged which should be based on the distance travelled and the weight of your goods.
However ensure that your price covers the total cost of running the business and also give you profit. Cost such as cost of maintenance, fuel, cost of replacement of parts. I believe that this article has provided you the needed information on how to start a Tipper business.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria