Many candidates who sat for the last JAMB UTME examination complained about their JAMB score because they didn’t understand how the JAMB score is being calculated. In the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) candidates are required to answer a total of one hundred and eighty (180) questions of which the Use of English is 60 questions, while the other three (3) subjects are 40 questions each.How to Cancel NYSC Registration
The total mark for the JAMB UTME examination is 400 marks. I’m sure you’re probably wondering how the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) allocate their mark for each subject and question to make a total of 400 marks. You will be able to find out about that in today’s post too.How to Verify JAMB Registration Number
Knowing how the JAMB score is being calculated will help you focus more during the examination, and you’ll be able to access your performance in the examination. With no further ado, let’s take a look at how the JAMB score is being calculated.Calculate JAMB Score
Read Also: How to Verify JAMB Registration Number
How to Calculate your JAMB UTME/DE Score
To understand and calculate your JAMB UTME score, follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: It is important to know that all registered subjects for the JAMB UTME examination except Use of English have a total of 40 questions each.
- Step 2: Use of English which is a compulsory subject in the JAMB UTME exam has a total of 60 questionsNpower recruitment
- Step 3: You are required to attempt all 180 questions during the examination
- Step 4: After writing the examination, and your score for each subject has been displayed for you, to calculate your JAMB score, divide your Pass Score by 40 for subjects with 40 questions
- Step 5: After diving your Pass score by 40, now multiply it by 100 to get know your JAMB score for that subject
- Step 6: For example, if your pass score was 27 out of 40 in physics, then your JAMB score would be: 28/40 × 100 = 70. That means your JAMB score in physics is 70
- Step 7: To get the maximum scorer of 100, you’ll need to answer all 40 questions correctly. That is, 40/40 × 100 = 100
Read Also: How to Print JAMB Admission Letter
How to Calculate Your JAMB Score For Use of English
The JAMB Use of English is somewhat different from the other 3 subjects in the UTME/DE examination. In the Use of English exam, you will be required to answer 60 questions. These questions are divided into 3 sections; the Comprehension/Summary section, the Lexis, and Structure section, and the Oral Forms section. Here is a breakdown of the sections in use of English and their allocated marks:WAEC result
Read Also: How to Submit JAMB CBT Exam
Section A: Comprehension /Summary
This section comprises the following:
- 1 Comprehension passage: Made up of 5 questions
- 1 Cloze passage: Made up of 10 questions
- 1 reading text: Made up of 10 questionsJAMB form
The comprehension/summary section (section A) has a total of 25 questions
Read Also: How to Upload Result on JAMB Portal
Section B: Lexis and Structure
This section comprises of the following:
- Sentence Interpretation: Made up of 5 questions
- Antonyms: Made up of 5 questions
- Synonyms: Made up of 5 questions
- Sentence Completion: Made up of 10 questionsJAMB Result
The Lexis and Structure section (Section B) has a total of 25 questions
Read Also: How to Write JAMB Using a Computer
Section C: Oral Forms
This section comprises of 10 questions only.
Sum total of all questions in JAMB Use of English = 25 + 25+ 10 = 60 questions.
The scoring mechanism for the use of English is similar to other subjects in the UTME exam. To calculate your Use of English JAMB score, follow the procedures below:
- Step 1: To calculate your Use of English JAMB score, divide your Pass Score by 60
- Step 2: Now multiply the divided score by 100 to obtain your JAMB score
- Step 3: For example, if you scored 42 out of 60 in the Use of English exam, then your JAMB score will be calculated this way: 42/60 × 100 = 70. That means your JAMB score in Use of English is 70
- Step 4: To obtain a maximum score of 100, you’ll need to answer all 60 questions correctly. 40/40 × 100 = 100
Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira today
🤑 Start making money from home today!
👉 Get correct FREE TIPS and Guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.