In this guide, I will show you the 3 ways to know original honey. Honey has been use in many ways to treat various ailments and diseases. It also contains essential elements for vitality and wellbeing. However, because of high demand and low supplies, some honey marketer may trick the buyers. They either adulterate original honey or introducing completely fake ones in the market.
Fortunately, you can test it to know if it’s original befor you buy. In order to check the purity of honey at home, here’s what to do:
👉 Relocate to Canada Today!Live, Study and Work in Canada. No Payment is Required! Hurry Now click here to Apply >> Immigrate to Canada
1. Thumb Test
Here’s the procedure to do a thumb test:
- Put a small drop of the honey you have on your thumb
- Check to see if it spills or spreads around
- If it does, it is not pure
- Pure honey will stay intact on your thumb
2. The Water Test to Spot Fake Honey
Here’s how to do the water test:
- Fill a glass with water
- Add one tablespoon of honey into the glass
- Adulterated or artificial honey will dissolve in water and you will see it around the glass
- Pure honey on the other hand will settle right at the bottom of your glass
3. The Flame Test to Know Pure Honey
Did you know that organic honey is flammable? Here’s a test to know 100% pure organic honey.
- Take a dry matchstick
- Dip its tip right into the honey
- Strike the stick on the matchbox as if to light it
- If the honey is pure, the matchstick will light with ease
- The flame will also keep burning off the honey
- However, if it is with impurities, it will not light because fake honey contains moisture as one of the impurities
These test may have their flaws but they will definitely guide you to spot or diffeerentiate between fake and original honey anytime.
Your Thoughts! Let us kow know if you have any other method to know original honey. Use the comments section below.