In this guide, I will show you the 3 ways to know original honey. Honey has been use in many ways to treat various ailments and diseases. It also contains essential elements for vitality and wellbeing. However, because of high demand and low supplies, some honey marketer may trick the buyers. They either adulterate original honey or introducing completely fake ones in the market.
Fortunately, you can test it to know if it’s original befor you buy. In order to check the purity of honey at home, here’s what to do:
1. Thumb Test
Here’s the procedure to do a thumb test:
- Put a small drop of the honey you have on your thumb
- Check to see if it spills or spreads around
- If it does, it is not pure
- Pure honey will stay intact on your thumb
2. The Water Test to Spot Fake Honey
Here’s how to do the water test:
- Fill a glass with water
- Add one tablespoon of honey into the glass
- Adulterated or artificial honey will dissolve in water and you will see it around the glass
- Pure honey on the other hand will settle right at the bottom of your glass
3. The Flame Test to Know Pure Honey
Did you know that organic honey is flammable? Here’s a test to know 100% pure organic honey.
- Take a dry matchstick
- Dip its tip right into the honey
- Strike the stick on the matchbox as if to light it
- If the honey is pure, the matchstick will light with ease
- The flame will also keep burning off the honey
- However, if it is with impurities, it will not light because fake honey contains moisture as one of the impurities
These test may have their flaws but they will definitely guide you to spot or diffeerentiate between fake and original honey anytime.
Your Thoughts! Let us kow know if you have any other method to know original honey. Use the comments section below.IMPORTANT!: Follow us on Instagram @InfoGuideNigeria
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).