Many oil well owners exist in Nigeria. Some of them are government officers and some are just private individuals. In this article I will share with you the major oil well owners in Nigeria.
This article will tend to give explanations to the following topics:
- what is oil block
- oil wells in nigeria and their locations
- oil blocks for sale in nigeria
- difference between oil well and oil block
- how many oil wells are in nigeria
- current owners of oil blocks in nigeria
- full list of oil block owners in nigeria
- how to own an oil block in nigeria
77 Full List of Oil Block and Oil Well Owners in Nigeria
1) Alhaji Mai Daribo: a Bornu Patriarch is the owner of OML 110 that has high yield. The oil well has an OBE oil field that has an estimation of over 500 million oil barrels. If you explain that in layman’s language by using an average benchmark of 100 dollars per barrel and this is equivalent to $500 billion dollars worth of reserve oil. If you happen to remove the taxes, sundry duties and royalties that is worth about 60% of the reserve that is payable over time, you get $20 billion dollars worth of oil in one single family.
2) General Theophilus Danjuma is the owner of OPL 246 whose company is known aw SAPETRO. The oil block exports up two 300000 barrels of crude daily.
3) Colonel Sanni Bello: is owner of NOML 112 and OML 117 and his company is known as the International Petroleum Development Company. Sanni Bellow is the in-law of Abdulsalami Abubakar who was the former Head of State of Nigeria.
4) Alhaji Mohammed Ludimi from Niger State, the in-law. to the former Military President Ibrahim Babangida is the owner of OML 115, OLDWOK Field and EBOk field.
5) Alhaji Sela Mohammed Gambo: who runs Nor East Petroleum Limited owns OML 215.
6) Alhaji Aminu Cantata:_is the owner of OML 108 that is run by Express Petroleum Company Limited.
7) Alhaji W.I Folawiyo is the owner of OML 113 and the name of his operating company in that oil well is Yinka Folawiyo Ltd
8) Prince Nasiru Ado Bayero who is the cousin of the Central Bank Governor Lamido Sanusi is the owner of ASUOKPU/UMUTU marginal oil fields and he runs the Seplat Petroleum. This oil well has a capacity of 300000 barrels of oil in capacity on a daily basis. This is equivalent to $30 million dollars on a daily basis and the average benchmark is $100 dollars per barrel. When Sunday taxes, royalties are removed, this field can yield up to $12 billion dollars for it’s owners.
9) Atiku Yaradua and Bayero owns Intel and they have reasonable stakes in the oil and gas exploration industry of Nigeria.
10) Rilwan Lukman: the former OPEC chairman owns AMNI, a company that has 2 oil blocks OML 112 and OML 117. He has stakes in EBOK oil fields in OML 67
11) Dan Etete, Abacha ‘s oil minister owns Malabu Oil that operates the oil well OPL 245. The name of the operating company of this oil well is Malabu Oil & Gas Company. The oil block is worth $20 billion dollars
12) Peter Odili owns OPL 289 and OPL 233 and the operating firm in this oil well is Clewater Refinery and RivGas Petroleum and Gas Company which managed by OKey Ezenwa as the Vice Chairman.
13) Andy Uba is a major operator of OPL 286 which he runs through Focus Energy which is in partnership with the BG Group.
14) Emeka Offor owns OPL 291 that is operated by Starcrest Energy Nigeria Limited. This oil well was later sold to Addax Petroleum Development Company Limited. Emeka Of for still has stakes in OPL 291.
15) Mike Adenuga owns Conoil which is the oldest indigenous oil exploration industry in Nigeria. The Conoil has six oil blocks and it exports more than 200000 barrels of crude oil on a daily basis.
16) Alfred James Petroleum owns OPL 302 which are owned conjointly by Adewunmi Sujuade, Gone Sijuade, Cooke Sijuade, Adedeji Sijuade, Olayinka Sijuade, Adeyemi Osiyemi, Femisola Awosika with A.O Adeyinka as the Chairman.
17) J.O Udoji with his colleagues own OPL 226 and the operating company is 2 Soglas Nigeria Limited.
18) Saleh Jambo: as the Chairman of the North East Petroleum owns the OPL 215 oil well.
19) Ibrahim Bunu presides as the Chairman of Optimum Petroleum that opy OPL 310.
20) Aminu Alhassan Dantata as the Chairman of the Express Petroleum committee owns OPL 108&_227 and the members of the committee are Ahmade Rufai, Tajudeen Dantata, Dalhatu Gwarzo, Lawan Omar.
21) Sanni Bello was the Chairman of the committee of the OPL 112& 117 of the Amni Int. Petroleum.
22) Arthur Eze presides over Atlas Petroleum Int. Ltd that owns the oil well OPL 109.
23) Mohammed Indimi presides over Oriental Energy Resources which owns the oil well OPL 115
23) Mai Derive presides over Cavendish Petroleum Big Ltd which owns OPL 110
24) Kase Lawal presides over Allied Energy Resources Big Ltd which operates OPL 120&121
25) M.A Olokun presides over Summit Oil which runs OPL 122
26) M.K.O Abiola presides over Summit Oil which owns OPL 205 and OPL 206
27) Said Kuashi presides over Crown well Petroleum that owns OPL 305 and 306
28) Module Alakija presides over Famta Oil Ltd which owns OPL 216
29) O.B Lulu Briggs runs the oil well OPL 114, 239, 234 and 231
30) A.B.C Orjiako presides over Zebbra Energy Limited which owns OPL 248
31) Reggie Uduhim presides over Oil and Gas Limited that owns OPL 249
32) David Richards, P.O Balogun, T.O Omisore, Olayiwola Fatona presides over the Niger Delta Western OPL 34
33) Rachel Akintola, Ibukun Olawepo and their colleagues operate Oil World which owns OPL 241
34) Appia Korang, A. Peppe, Oba Gbadebo, O.A Kpata, O. Adeyemo, M.O Osunsanya, O. Boyo, J.A Tinubu presides over Oando which owns OPL 278, 236
35) Onoh Anthony and his colleagues, Onoh Christiana, Onoh Ngozi, George Udoekong, Nwauche Erastus presides over Eurafric Energy Limited Dawes Island which operate OML 54
36) Unejei T, Akinro C.A and colleagues own Bicta Energy that operate Bicta Energy
37) Ewendu Chidi and his colleagues own Platform Petroleum Limited that operate OML 38
38) Du- Frayed and his colleagues Baba Lawal, Cole Tonye, Odunsi Ade, Adeniji Titi, Akinla Ladipo, Bentley John, Ciroma Musa preside over Sahara Energy & African Oil Ltd which own OML 40 oil well.
39) Fatona Layi and his colleagues Aret Adams, Uduimp Itsueli, Sammy Olagbaju, David Richard, Udi Ibru operate the Niger Delta Company which owns the OML 54
40) Macpepple Victoria and his colleagues MacPepple Henry, Macpepple Joy, MacPepple Emmanuel, MacPepple Elfrida operate Prime Petr. Ltd & Suffolk Petroleum which owns the OML 11
41) Usman Danburran and his colleagues Alhaji Indimi operate Oriental Energy which owns OML 67
42) Nwauche Erastus and his colleagues Onoh Anthony, Onoh Christiana, Onoh Ngozi, George Udoekong operates Eurafric Energy Limited Dawes Island which owns OML 54
43) Aliyu Abubakar and his colleagues Brigidi David, Alamieyesheiga Anitonbrapa, Ifimaim Ekine, Jonathan Selereipre, Enddeley Francis, Chinwetelu Chris, Williams E.J operate the Bayelsa Oil Company Ayala which owns the oil well OML 46.
|S/No||Name of Operator||LicenCe||Year of Award||Names of Directors/shareholders|
|1||Alfred James Petroleum||OPL 302||1991||Adewunmi Sijuade, Goke Sijuade, Adedeji Sijuade, Olayinka Sijude, Adeyemi Osiyemi and Femisola Awosika, with A.O Adeyinka as Chairman|
|2||Soglas Nigeria Limited||OPL 226||1991||Oscar P. Udoji, P.E Udoji, E.E. Nwosu, with J.O. Udoji as Chairman|
|3||NorthEast Petroleum||OPL 215, 840 &902||1991||Kommer Complex Limited, Nwokema Ngozi Mbu, Abubakar Jubril and Ashiru B. Aliu, A. Ayankoya with Saleh Jambo as Chairman|
|4||Optimum Petroleum||OPL 310||1992||R.D. Adelu, Yusuf N’jie and O.A. Aremu with Ibrahim Bunu as Chairman|
|5||Sunlink Petroleum||OPL 238 & OPL 311||1993||Olaniyi Olumide, Hayford Alile, Samuel Bolarinde, Richard Adelu, Martins Olisa, John Brunner and Emmanuel Ojei|
|6||Express Petroleum||OPL 108 & 227||1995||Ahmade Rufai, Tajudeen Dantata, Dalhatu Gwarzo, Lawan Omar with Aminu Alhassan Dantata as Chairman|
|7||Dubril Oil Co. Nigeria||OPL 96||1987||B.N. Itsueli, C.A. Itsueli, O.O. Itsueli, A.E. Ihuegbu with U.J. Itsueli as Chairman.|
|8||Amni Int. Petroleum||OPL 112 &117||1998 &1999||E.C Edozien, Tunde Afolabi with Sanni Bello as Chairman|
|9||Atlas Petroleum Int. Nig Ltd||OPL 109||1996||Umaru Ndanusa, Ikechukwu Joseph, Mohammadu Murtala with Arthur Eze as Chairman|
|10||Consolidated Oil||OPL 103, 458, 136||1993, 1998 &2006||O. Adenuga and Ebi Omatsola with Mike Adenuga as Chairman|
|11||Oriental Energy Resources||OPL 115||1999||Usman Danburan, Jibril Mohammed Indimi with Senior Mohammed Indimi as Chairman|
|12||Cavendish Petroleum Nig. Ltd||OPL 110||1996||Gambo Gubio with Mai Deribe as Chairman|
|13||Allied Energy Resources Nig. Ltd||OPL 120 & 121||2001||Mickey Lawal as Director with Kase Lawal as Chairman|
|14||Peak Petroleum||OPL 122||2001||Adekunle Olumide, W. Bolaji, Florence D. Oluokun and Ayodeji Oluokun with M.A. Oluokun as Chairman|
|15||Summit Oil Nig. Limited||OPL 205 and 206||1990||L.K.O Abiola, Radio Communications Nig. Ltd with M.K.O Abiola as Chairman|
|16||Crownwell Petroleum Ltd||OPL 305 AND 306||1993||S.K Adejumo with Sair Kuashi as Chairman|
|17||Famfa Oil Ltd||OPL 216 (OML 127)||1993||Folorunso Alakija wit Modupe Alakija as Chairman|
|18||MoniPulo||OPL 114, 239, 234, 231||1999, 2008, 2008, 2007||F.A. Agama with O.B. Lulu Briggs as Chairman|
|19||Yinka Folawiyo Pet. Company||OPL 113||1998||S.T. Folawiyo, T.B Folawiyo with W.I Folawiyo as Chairman|
|20||Zebbra Energy Limited||OPL 248||2004||S.A. Oloko, Boni Madubunyi, Zimako O. Zimako with A.B.C. Orjiako as Chairman|
|21||Oil and Gas Limited||OPL 249 and 140||2003, 2006||M.O. I drisu with Reggie Uduhim as Chairman|
|22||Continental Oil and Gas Limited||OPL 59||1998||Agbolade Paddy, Subair Shefiu with Mike Adenuga as Chairman|
|23||Emerald Energy Resources||OML 141||2001||J.O. Amaefule, P.L. Caldwell, A.C. Uzoigwe, Amos NUR, C.N. Chieri, Femi Akingbe, F.A. Njoku with Emmanuel Egbogah as Chairman|
|24||Oranto Petr. Limited||OPL 320||2002||Arthur Eze as Chairman|
|25||Dajo Oil Limited||OPL 320||2004||R.B. Domingo, M.O. Domingo, U.R. Domingo with Domingo Obande as Chairman|
|26||Malabu||OPL 245||Dan Etete as Chairman|
|27||Orient Energy||OPL 915, 916||N. Nwawka with Emeka Anyaoku as Chairman|
|28||Sahara Energy Exploration||OPL 284, 228, 332||2005, 2006||Buba Lawal, Cole Tonye, Odunsi Ade as Diectors|
|29||Enageed Resources Limited||OPL 274||2007||Buba Lawal, Cole Tonye, Odunsi Ade as Diectors|
|30||Seplat||OPL 4, 38, 41||2010||A.B.C. Orjiako and Austin Avuru|
|31||Ekcrest E & P Limited||OPL 40||2012||Emeka Offor as Chairman|
|32||First Hydrocarbon||OPL 26||2011||O.A Azazi as Chairman|
|33||Neconde||OPL 42||2011||Amesi Azudialu, John Umeh, Nnenna Obijesi|
|34||Niger Delta Western||OPL 34||2012||Olayiwola Fatona, David Richards, P.O. Balogun, T. Omisore|
|35||Transcorp||OPL 281||2011||Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Femi Otedola, Funso Lawal, Jacob Ajekigbe, Tony Ezenna, Ndi Onyiuke Okereke, Fola Adeola and Nicholas Okoye|
|36||Starcrest, Cross River Energy & NPDC||OPL 242||2011||Emeka Offor, Chris Garuba|
|37||Starcrest||OPL 291||Emeka Offor, Gidado Idris, Yzoni Yaw|
|38||South Atlantic (SAPETRO)||OPL 264 (130)||1998||Miguel Guerrero, Joy Ikiebe, Guerrrero, with T.Y. Danjuma as Chairman|
|39||Oando||OPL 278, 236||2005, 2006||Magoro, J.A. Tinubu, O. Boyo, M.O. Osunsanya, O. Adeyemo, O. Akpata, Oba Gbadebo, A. Peppe and Appiah Korang|
|40||Ashbert||OPL 325||Albert Esiri, Ifeoma Esiri|
|41||Oil World||OPL 241||2007||Gbenga Olawapo, Adekunle Akintola, Ibukun Olawepo, Rachael Akintola|
|42||Pan Ocean||OPL 98, 275||1976, 2007||F.A. Fadeyi, M.D. Yuduf, S.D. Adeniyi|
|43||Cleanwater Consortium||OPL 289||2007||Arumeni-Ikhide Joseph, Okey Nzenwa, Abu Ibrahim|
|44||Afren Global Resources||OPL 907, 917||2005, 2008||Rilwan Lukman, Osmah Shahenshah, Evert Jan Mulder, Peter Bingham, Guy Pass, Bet Cooper, Constantine, Egbert Imomoh|
|45||Centrica/CCC/All Bright Consortium||OPL 276, 283||2005, 2006||Jake Mirica, John Sheers|
|46||Gas Transmission & Power Ltd||OPL 905||2005||Ahmed Joda, Babangida Hassan Katsina, Makoji Aduku, Abubakar Joda|
|47||Global Energy Company Limited||OPL 135||2005, 2010||S.A. Onabiyi, M.A. Koshoni, T.T. Anyansho, J.N. Obiago|
|48||New Nig. Devt. Company||OPL 733,809, 810,722||Northern State governors|
|49||Tenoil Petroleum Energy Services||OPL 2008||2007||Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Femi Otedola, Funso Lawal, Jacob Ajekigbe, Tony Ezenna, Ndi Onyiuke Okereke, Fola Adeola, Nicholas Okoye, with Elumelu as Chairman|
Marginal Fields Operators
|S/No||Name of Company||Licence||Year of Award||Names of Directors/Shareholders|
|1||Niger Delta Company||Ogbele (OML 54)||1999||Aret Adams, Uduimo Itsueli, Sammy Olagbaju, David Richard, Udi Ibru and Fatona Layi|
|2||Prime Petr. Ltd & Suffolk Petr||Asaramaroru (OML 11)||2003||MacPepple Henry, Macpepple Joy, Macpepple Emmanuel, Macpepple Elfrida and Macpepple Victoria|
|3||Oriental Energy||Owok (OML 67), Ebok||2006, 2007||Alhaji Indimi, Usman Danburran|
|4||Universal Energy||Stubb Creek Field (OML 13/14||2003||Amana Nkoyo, Mianaekere Nelson, Abubakar Hayatou, Mboho Emmanuel, Ekpo Akpan, Inyang Etim (Akwa Ibom Govt)|
|5||Eurafric Energy Limited||Dawes Island (OML 54)||2003||Onoh Anthony, Onoh Christiana, Onoh Ngozi, George Udoekong, Nwauche Eastus|
|6||Pillar Oil Limited||Umusati/Igbuku (OML 56)||2003||Onosode G.O, Fadahunsi O, Amakiri J., Hassan-Katsina Usman, Tonwe Basife, Obaseki Godwin, Akoyomare Ambrose, Fisher Abayomi, Anaekwena Anthony, Avuru Spencer, Onosode Spencer, Hassan-Babangida|
|7||Bayelsa Oil Company||Atala (OML 46)||Bayelsa Govt, Brigidi David, Alamieyesheiga Anitonbrapa, Ifimain Ekine, Jonathan Selereipre, Enddeley Francis, Chinwetelu Chris, Willians E.J., Aliyu Abubakar|
|8||Movideo E&P||Ekeh (OML 88)||Idau Sadiq, Jacobs Kayode, Enahoro Victor, Mohammed Aishatu, Tugger Yusuf, Okwuaive Iyabo, Sadare Raymond|
|9||Bicta Energy||Ogedeh (OML 90)||Adesemowo G.A, Bashir MM, Onumodu Soye, Akinro C.A, Malberbe T. Unejei T|
|10||Guarantee Petrr & Owena Oil||Ororo (OML 95)||Rufus Giwa, Ayodele Johnson, Fayose Abiodun, Unuigbe Odion, Omobomi Samuel, Rotimi Luyi, Adefarati Tunde, Duyie Korede, Ojo Segun, Ogedengbe Dele, Aidi Abass, Adegbonmire Wunmi, Amoye Mofisco, Ebiseni Sola, Oladunni Solomon, Agoi-George Segun, Akinruntan F.E, Hassan AlGazali, Eburajolo Victor, S.A. Ajayi|
|11||Platform Petroleum Limited||Egboma (OML 38)||Edmund Daukoru, Avuru Austin, Amachi Moshe, Adegoke Oluwafeyisola, Addo-Bayero Nasir, Ewendu Chidi|
|12||Sogenal Ltd||Akepo (OML 90)||Funso Lawal, Joda Abubakar, Harriman Hope, Odu Bunmi, Edohoeket Samuel, Yahaya Mohammed, Dada Nicholas, Yellowe Kenneth|
|13||Chorus Energy||Amoji (OML 56)||Akerele Chris, Mamman Samaila, Ihetu G.S. Braide Kombo, Banks Nigel, Clubb James, Uhuegbulem Ben, Baba Gana Abba|
|14||Millennium Oil and Gas||Oza (OML 11)||Ali Chris, Maseli John, Karrs Sastry, Shama Yogi, Igweze Emeka, Bashir Farouk|
|15||Brittania U-Nigeria||Ajapa (OML 90)||Ifejika Uju, Ifejika Emmanuel, Omu Paul, Otiji Igwe, Ikpeme Ita, Cardoso Tokie, Okonkwo Annie, Inua Mogaji, Mbanefo Louis, Ombu AVM, Horsfall A.K., Ukpong Uche, Ogoro Emomena, Ifejika E.I, Umar Alhaji, Ikpele A.O|
|16||Network E & P||Qua Iboe (OML 13)||Ajose Adeogun Ladi, Adesomoju Akin Alex -Duduyemi, Adewusi Adebowale, Ifode Yeletide, Gasau Ismaila Musa, John Etop, Olagbede Olufemi|
|17||Waltersmith Petroman & Morris Petr.||Ibigwe (OML 16)||Isa Abdulrasak, Saleh Danjuma, Utomvie Nyingi, Ita Princess, Okoli Ndubuisi, Kakpovie Anthony, Okpala Eugene, Idrisu Mammudu, Idrisu Lawal, Isokrari Ombo, Nzeakor Nick, Abdulsalami Abdul, Nwabudo Ignatius|
|18||Midwestern Oil & Gas & Suntrust Oil||Umsadege (OML 56 )||Igbokwe Ken, Afejuku Anthony, Daultry Akpeti, Sagoe Kweku-Mensah, Gambo Lawan, Oshevire William, Mordi Sylvanus, Maidoh Daniel, Fatayi-Williams Babatunde, Mohammed Waziri, Emerhor Otega, Dublin-Green Winston, Mohammed Abubakar, Oduah Stella, Okafor Ugo and Baba-Ahmed Mouftah|
|19||Independent Energy Limited||Ofa (OML 30)||Ikelionwu Emeka, Ohunmwangho Steve, Yar’Adua Murtala, Okudu Anthony, Bello Shamsudeen, Obaoye Michael, Monanuma|
|20||Del Sigma||KE (OML 55)||Amachree Sokeiprim, Ungbuku K.D., Bakut J.I, Chaff Kabiru|
|21||Associated Oil & Dansaki Petroleum||Tom Shot Bank (OML 14)||Machunga Laraba, Gwadah Bitus, Balat Isaiah, Uzor Azuka, Ibok Udo, Uzoechi Isaac, Kadiri Samuel, Afolabi Aderenlr, Yinka Aina|
|22||Frontier Oil Limited||Uquo (OML 13)||Dada Thomas, Lolomari Odoliyi, Kolade Victor, Yisa Solomon, Nwasikeobi, Alechenu Emmanuel, Bello Falalu|
|23||Energia Limited & Oando Prod. Devt Ltd||Ebendo/Obodeti (OML 56)||Horsfall A.U, Aribeana Stephen, Shawley Cooker, Bello Lawal, Ene Emeka, Afolabi Ade, Coker Sam, Esiri Albert, Dibiaezue Ifeoma, Hammad Charles, Macgregor Olushola, Oando|
|24||Goland Petroleum Devt. Company||Oriri (OML 88)||Kingsley Ngelale, Mogaji Gambo, Slako Johnson, Anthony Dotimi|
|25||Excel Exploration & Production||Eremor (OML 46)||Abiodun Awosika as shareholder|
|26||Sahara Energy & African Oil Ltd.||Tsekelewu (OML 40)||Baba Lawal, Cole Tonye, Odunsi Ade, Adeniji Titi, Akinla Ladipo, Bently John, Ciroma Musa, Odili Obi F., Du-Frayer|
|27||Green Energy International Ltd||Otakikpo||A.A. Olojede as shareholder|
|28||All Grace Energy||Ubima (OML 46)||Adeola Adenikinju, Sola Alabi|
Source: Nigerian MonitorBuy and Sell Bitcoin in Nigeria - Register for free on Luno
Click here to see the latest Study Abroad Scholarships and Guides
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).