In this guide, I will show you the steps to produce nylon bags and materials you will need. Nylon bags are probably one of the most important things for a house to possess. Its uses in the family are simply inexhaustible. One of the major purposes of a Nylon bag in the family is to carry load and different variety of goods purchased in the market. They are also available as disposable bags and used in wrapping consumables goods.
Nigeria is a country that possesses adequate raw materials for this sort of enterprise so it is much easier for the business to thrive. The large demand for nylon bags is probably the major reason why the business is quite profitable.
Types of Polythene bags
There are two major types of polythene nylon bags that are mainly needed in Nigeria depending on their usage and they are:
(a.) Low Density: This nylon bag is a rather thick one and it is used in wrapping items like snack and bread.
(b.) High Density: These brand of nylon bags are probably the most employed in the country due to its versatility, durability and most importantly its strength. They are used for Garbage bags, Pharmaceuticals, Packaging, disposable, shopping bags and various other uses.
Raw Materials and Machines Required to Produce Nylon Bags in Nigeria
The major raw materials that you will need to embark on this venture are readily available in the country. However, it has been discovered that major manufacturers in the country import them from countries like Indonesia, India, China and South Korea. These essential raw materials include the following: Escorene, Luplen, Dow, Master Berg and B.A.S.F.
When you are about to purchase your machines, you must endeavor to understand the role of the machine and if it suits the purpose which you require.
Some machines can only produce high or low density polythene nylons while some can easily produce both high and low density bags.
The price of these machines are rather on the high side and fall within the range of $8,000 to $20,000. These machines include: Extruder Blowing Machine, Cutting Machine, Punching Machine and Recycling Machine.
Steps to Follow in the Production of Nylon Bags
1. Capital: This is probably the most essential part of the whole business enterprise because ideas without capital cannot be brought to fruition. The ways you can raise funds include:
Loans from Microfinance banks, Friends, Loved ones and your Savings. You must ensure that the capital which you have generated is enough to run your business for at least 6 months.
This is due to the fact that profits start to generate after six months.
2. Market Survey: It’s very necessary that you have an idea of who your potential customers will be. The areas you intend to supply and the times to supply are to be carefully monitored as they are key to your market survey and in the long run getting the best out of your business.
3. Business Plan: A good business plan is a key part of every business as it gives a detailed overview of the levels which your business would continually grow covering areas like finance, advertisement of your products and even the building of your organizational structure. The best business plans gives you that edge over competitors and its essential when sourcing for finances as people intend to see what you intend to use their money for.
Read More on: 6 Tips to Writing Effective Business Plan
4. Lease or Purchase a Land: The location of your warehouse is quite necessary. When obtaining your land, you must strive to ensure that your land is at an industrial layout which is accessible by transport systems. This factor is to be considered for easy dispensation of your finished products.
5. Register your Business with C.A.C: The Corporate Affairs Commission have branches in almost every state of the Federation.
Its essential that you register your business name or company before you begin operations so as not to have any problems with the Law. In recent times, the C.A.C have updated their services in a bid to make processing of applications faster so you can be assured that you will be done in no later than a week or two weeks.
Read more on the: New Steps to Register and Incorporate Your Business in Nigeria to PLC or LTD
5. Buying and Installation of Machines: We have highlighted the machines you need to purchase above. You can purchase these machines from reliable sources or through the Alibaba online shopping center. After purchasing the machines from the source, the next step is to find competent Engineers to install the machines for you.
6. Hire few people: At the point of starting up your business, it will be better if you appoint just few people initially. The following professionals are the ones you should consider at the start of your business; machines operators, engineers, accountants, manager, marketer and product manager.
7. Buy a truck: Trucks are a very important part of your business as they would aid easy transportation process in the business. Having one or more trucks at your disposal would save you the cost of having to hire a truck every time you intend to transport a finished product and time would not be wasted in the process.
8. Begin and Market your Products: After you have gathered the adequate materials for your enterprise, the next step is to begin manufacturing of your products and storing them for supply. Advertising on Google, Facebook and various other social media platforms would help giving your business the necessary recognition it deserves. Ensure you embark on offline marketing as well so you do not limit your potential market.
See: Where to Advertise for Free in Nigeria
The following are the targets your Nylon bag manufacturing company should be looking at: Restaurants, Supermarkets, Offices, Schools, Laundry stores, Pharmacies, Public Markets, Mineral water Factories, Bakery companies, Hospitals, Snacks factories, e.t.c.
From the above, you can see that your target market is limitless. The continuous demand also asserts that it is a business that has a continuous demand and can definitely stand the test of time. Its definitely a win-win situation from all angles.
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).