Canada is a beautiful country and one of the most developed nations (G-7) of the world. Thousands of people go to Canada every year to find and start a new life and new work.
With a population statistics where the elderlies outnumber the youths and children, Canada has thrown her doors wide open to accept a large number of skillful people as well as scholars, especially youths below 35 years of age. You can decide to visit, work, study, or live permanently in Canada.
Read Also: 6 Steps To Get Dubai Visa In Nigeria
The following documents are required to collect the Canadian Visa in Nigeria:
1. Completed Visitor Visa (IMM 5257) and Family Information (IMM 5645) Forms.
2. An original and copy of your Nigerian passport. The passport will need to be valid for at least 6 months beyond your date of return and must have at least two blank pages.
3. Two colour photographs that meet the visa photo requirements.
4. Proof of application processing fee and if applicable, biometric fee.
5. Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of the trip (i.e. 3 months bank statements, payslips, proof of investments etc.).
6. If you are not the one paying for the trip, you will need a letter from the person or institution sponsoring your trip and additional documents (i.e. a copy of their passport and a bank statement proving they have sufficient funds).
7. Proof of ties to Nigeria; this may be an employment letter, proof of businesses or assets etc.
8. Copy of provisional flight booking and travel itenary like accommodation reservations.
9. Your medical history or Proof of medical fitness.
10. Previous passports showing travel history.
11. Additional documents to support your application (i.e. marriage certificates, invitation letters etc.)
12. A self-addressed return courier envelope.
13. Minors (under 18 years) travelling alone will need a letter of authorization signed by both parents or legal guardians. Minors travelling with one parent will need a letter of authorization from the non-accompanying parent or legal guardian.
14. If you are travelling for business or visiting family, you will need an invitation letter detailing the nature of the visit, duration of stay, details of host person or business.
Note: Paper photographs are not required if you need to supply biometrics. Also, detailed document checklist for Visitor Visa Documents may vary if you are applying through VFS Global.
Read Also: How To Renew US Visa in Nigeria
How To Apply For The Canadian Visa
There are two options to choose from when applying for a Canadian Visitor Visa; it can be either online or in person through a VFS Global Visa Application Centre.
To apply online, you need to have access to a scanner to create digital copies of your documents and a credit card to pay the processing and biometric fees. Online application can be done through “IRRC Website”.
Note: The procedure for applying for a Canadian Visa in Nigeria can take a long time but, it would be preferable to go to a Visa Application Centre to help you in procuring the visa in a relatively shorter time.
Whether you are applying online through the IRRC Online Application System or in person through a Visa Application Centre, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Download the Document Checklist-“Visitor Visa” (IMM 5257), and Family Information (IMM 5645) Forms.
2. Fill out the application forms and gather all your supporting documents (as listed above).
3. If applicable, complete the VFS Consent Form. When using a third-party provider such as VFS Global, you will need to submit a consent form along with your application or else your application form will be returned to you.
4. Pay the visa fees.
5. Submit your application to your local Visa Application Centre. Ensure you bring along all the documents stated in the document checklist and an accepted form of payment (cash is recommended).
6. Pay the service charge and obtain a receipt with a unique tracking number which you can use to track the progress of your visa application online.
Note: In case you are unable to provide all the supporting documents, then you will have to complete a “waiver form” and attach it to your application, or you risk being denied your visa.
Printing And Photographs
Photocopy and photography services are available at the VFS Global Application Centres for an additional fee:
a. Photocopy Services (per page)- about 40 naira (about 0.10 dollars)
b. Photocopy Services (per applicant)- about 2,340 Naira (about 6.50 dollars)
You can also obtain the required documents and photographs for your Canadian Visitor Visa printed at designated places.
Read Also: Top 47 Visa Free Countries for Nigerians
Once your Visa is ready for collection, you may either collect it from the Visa Application Centre or have it couriered to your chosen address.
The courier service will be paid for when you submit your application. The return courier service costs 8,060 Naira (about 23 dollars).
Important Notice When Filling The Application Form
1. You must answer every question in both forms. Write N/A if a question is not applicable to you.
2. If you are to be accompanied on the journey by one or more family members, each of them must complete and sign their own application forms.
Only those who are aged 18 years and above are required to fill the form. For applicants younger than 18 years of age, their parents or guardians must sign their forms.
3. Note that you are required to list all your children that are below 18 years old on the Family Information Form, even if they don’t need a Visa or are not accompanying you on your journey. In case you have more than 3 family members, use additional copies of the form.
4. When filling the forms, be sure to include your mailing address, reliable phone number, and email address. You should fill out the new forms electronically and submit a printout of your computer-generated forms, including the 2D barcode page.
Read Also: How to Apply For Chinese Visa in Nigeria
Canadian Visa Fees
The fees paid for a Visitor Visa may vary depending on if you pay online or in person at a Visa Application Centre. These fees are subject to adjustment as deemed fit by the Canadian embassy. Payment should be in Naira. Generally, the two types of fees are an Application processing fee and a Biometric fee.
Estimated fees when paying online and applying in person:
a. Processing fee- about 28,000 naira (about 77 dollars).
b. Biometrics (per person)- about 24,000 naira (about 66 dollars).
Estimated fees when applying through the VFS Global Visa Application Centres:
a. Processing fee- about 28,000 naira (about 77 dollars).
b. Biometrics (per person)- about 24,000 Naira (about 66 dollars).
c. Service charge- about 17,000 Naira (about 47 dollars).
You can go to these centres to process and obtain a Canada visa:
Canadian Embassy in Nigeria
4, Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos; +234 1271 560 (Work hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 AM-8:30 PM).
Canadian Visa Application Centre, Abuja;
Silverbird Entertainment Centre, Plot 1161, Memorial Drive, Central Business District, Abuja. +234 8150 199 900 (Work hours: Monday-Friday, 8AM-3PM).
Canadian Visa Application Centre, Lagos;
Manor Hall, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Third Roundabout, Lekki, Phase 1, Lagos. +234 8150 199 900 (Work hours: Monday-Friday, 8AM-3PM).Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria