In this post, I will show you how to start printing press in Nigeria and make money from it. Printing press business is a lucrative and easy business that has a lot of huge returns.
The good thing about printing business is that you can start with a little amount of money as low as let’s say, maybe N8000 and have a huge profit within a space of one month. Although to get started, you will need two group of persons in this business.
The first is the graphic Artist which tackles every job related to design while the second is the printing press that handles the remaining rest by running sample impression as well as concluding the final printing.
How Profitability is Printing Press in Nigeria
Printing press business is a very profitable business. One can start the business with #6000 and within a space of one month, he will get his money back plus a lot of interest.
How To Start Printing Press In Nigeria
(1) First and foremost, have a business plan as it applies to all startup tips. Not only that market yourself. As a beginner no one knows about your printing business, you will need to make some self-advertisement by moving around various offices and firms to seek for printing jobs.
(2) Another tip is to have a niche in the printing industry, specialize in a given area instead of trying to be all things to all people. Success is more attainable by targeting a need and fulfilling it.
(3) Also, another tip is to familiarize yourself with business standards and, also, be careful with your words.
(4) Also, when it comes to payment, your client can pay in advance before the whole work is done. It will help you cover the cost of production. Make your graphic designer happy, by doing so he will keep doing business with you.
(5) The major concern should be customer satisfaction. It is only when that is achieved that you will see them coming back. Lose a customer and you will lose hundreds more.
Therefore, you can satisfy your customer by making sure you are working with a creative graphic designer. Having an awesome job done and fast delivery leaves a huge impression on your customers.
Another Good Business Idea: How to Start a Newspaper Business in Nigeria
Technology Needed & Knowledge Needed to Start a Printing Press in Nigeria
Research the competition and their equipment.
Once you find out who your target market is, research the printing businesses who are currently attempting to fulfill the needs of this audience. Visit these printing businesses’ websites and learn all you can about them to find out what services they are lacking.
Draft plans to start your printing business by researching ways you can offer those badly-needed services and improve the printing business as a whole within your specific niche.
Research available printing equipment from manufacturers.
Once you determine what your competitors are using in their printing businesses, start looking to purchase your own printing equipment. You’ll need to find the highest quality, yet still affordable, equipment for your niche.
The wrong equipment can make or break your business. At the very least, you’ll need a desktop computer, some design software, and a high-quality digital printer that is able to handle jobs up to 11in x 17in.
Best Location for Printing Press in Nigeria
To start a profitable printing business, you’ll need to choose a location that works for you. Look for a place that is within your budget and that is easily accessible so customers will be able to find you with ease.
You don’t want anything to deter you from getting clients, and choosing a good location is a big part of that. You can look at locations online via realtor websites or hire a realtor to help you find the perfect location for your new printing business.
Finance Needed to start Printing Press in Nigeria
Starting a new printing business will take capital amounting to several thousands of Naira. If you cannot finance this equipment on your own, contact your chamber of commerce to learn who can help you apply for a small business loans.
After you become established and have enough credit and show volume and potential, you might be able to lease equipment, which can bring flexibility, but leases may have penalties and balloon notes, etc. to return or to keep the item, respectively.
Certification & Licensing Needed to start a Printing Press in Nigeria
This includes any licenses, certifications, permits such as a state sales tax permit. You will need fire department certificates, fire extinguishers and other safety equipment, safety procedures, safety rated chemicals, zoning, building use and occupancy permits and other items required for your specific operating location.
Even if you start a home-based printing business, you will likely need some kind of permit or license from your particular national, state and local governments. Call or meet with your local economic development agency to find out where to go next.
- You should familiarize yourself with Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) requirements, including their and other agencies such as Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) “postings” (required posters about safety and employment opportunity, etc.).
- Record keeping, tax withholding, reporting, and paying taxes and social security quarterly for employees (including part-time) are necessary.
- If you only use independent, outside printing contractors to do occasional printing that you cannot do personally, then you could be a “printing broker” (non-affiliated, wholesaler) and not have employees.
- Quarterly estimates of income, record keeping, reporting of actual proceeds, and paying your personal proprietorship or corporate (limited liability corporation [LLC]) taxes and social security for yourself is your responsibility to learn and complete each year.
Knowledge Needed/Training Required
The good news is that you no longer need long training to go into this business and gone are the days you’d need to get all your body stained with ink to get a printing job done!
The continuous improvement in technology has removed a lot of stress that getting a printing job out is just at your fingertips. All you need to do is to have the knowledge of the basic need.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, family positively and permanently.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 email@example.com.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in NIgeria.
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.