How to Study business in USA from Nigeria – The USA has long been the land of endless (educational) opportunities. Thousands of students from all over the world yearly chose to go to the USA to study business because of the vast opportunities and American education bestows on anybody that studies there.
With some of the best universities and business schools found in the country, it’s hard to see why it isn’t the first port of call for international students.
Students from Africa, Europe, Asia, the Caribbean and other parts of the world understand the importance of an American degree, hence why it has become the number one favorite destination for international students who want to study business abroad.
Overview of the country (advantages and benefits of studying engineering in USA)
Many Nigerian students choose to study in the USA for a wide range of reasons, which include:
- The education system is well established and of high standard
- An American business degree or MBA is recognized worldwide
- The USA is the land of the free and boundless opportunities, welcoming people from all over the world
- There are a wide range of business courses to choose from in American universities, either for your undergraduate or postgraduate business degrees
- The USA is generally safe and secure to international students
- There are a lot of fun and interesting places all across the country to visit
- There’s an opportunity for part time work in most cases, at least 20 hours a week
- American universities are consistently ranked as some of the best in the world, rivaling their European counterparts
- Standard of living is very high all across the continent while tuition and living costs are competitive
- English is the medium of instruction
- Wide choices of food to choose from
- There is opportunity to get recruited by some of the top American companies after graduation
Study in USA – Language of Instructions
English is the medium of instruction, both at the undergraduate level and masters.
Top universities for Business in the United States of America
The USA has some of the top universities in the world that are consistently ranked globally for their excellence and robust education. Below are the top universities in the USA where you can apply to study for your business degree:
- Harvard University.
- Stanford University.
- University of Pennsylvania.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
- Yale University.
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- New York University (NYU)
- University of Chicago
- Columbia university
Business courses offered in the USA.
There are a wide range of business courses offered in American universities, both at the undergraduate and post graduate levels.
Admission requirements for Business Courses in USA
For those going to do undergraduate business degrees, to gain admission to study any business management/administration program in Europe, you must have passed senior secondary certificate examination (WAEC or NECO) with credit grades in the major business-related subjects.
Also, in some cases, you must show proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS) and must be ready for an entrance examination before admission is considered by most universities.
For postgraduate programs, you must have a second class upper degree in a field that is business-related. Also, you must present a letter of motivation to the school to show your interest and willingness to follow through on the program.
USA Student visa requirements for Nigerians
To study in the USA as a Nigerian student, you must apply for a student visa from the local American embassy in your home country. Requirements vary from country to country, but the general conditions for visa application are as follows:
- Student visa application firms
- Letter of acceptance
- Evidence of payments of fees
- Evidence of accommodation
- Proof of sound health (health insurance)
- Clean police report
- Return ticket or resources to ensure that
- For minors: parents’ or guardian’s authorization
- For postgraduate programs: transcripts and certificates from previous schools
- Visa application fees
Cost of studying Business in USA
Tuition costs in the USA are on the high side. This is expected, considering the high quality of education and high standard of living.
Furthermore, each business program may have a slightly different price rate from the other. On average, the cost of undergraduate business management degree programs in the USA is around $25,620 per year.
For an MBA program, it varies between $10,000-$20,000 per year. In the end, however, it is best to check with each university’s website to get up-to-date information on their tuition rates for both the undergraduate and postgraduate business programs.
Scholarships available for Business Courses in USA
Most universities across the USA offer scholarships for business students both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, but they are fiercely competitive, so you have to apply well ahead of time.
For information on this, you have to check the university websites for detail. You can also check out other bodies that offer scholarships and grants and apply them accordingly.
Duration of study for Business Management in USA
Business degrees in the USA universities take 4 years to complete. For postgraduate or MBA programs, it is either one or two years, depending on whether you are doing a part-time or full-time program.Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria