This post is about how to become a celebrity in Nigeria. I have written 15 ways to achieve this and you will like it. Celebrities are public figures that always attract everyone’s attention. Many of them are born while others are made. This post is about the later – make-in-yourself celebrity. Read on…
Before I start, let’s look at what celebrity is all about.
A celebrity is not a title or an award. It’s not given in the University. Most times, it has nothing to do with education. Many are born celebs like Mercy Johnson’s Kids or Peter Okoye’s son. Yes, people are currently searching hard to have a glimpse at these kid’s pictures. Most of them already have huge twitter followers even before they start sucking their mother’s breast.
At the end of the day, you really need to find out, what defines a celebrity? It could be money, charisma, innovation, leadership, and creativity and even more negative or weird habits.
But come to think of it, what makes a celebrity? It’s FAME.
You can even become a celebrity in Nigeria by doing really bad things such as prostitution. I am not going to suggest those bad ideas here.
Also, I will not like to really talk about those who are born celebs. Like Mark Zuckerberg’s daughter or Prince Charles’s son. I will try to show you positive things you can do to become a celebrity on your own.
Meaning, if you know how to become famous, then your are very close to becoming a celebrity in Nigeria. I only have few suggestions for you out of thousand untapped ideas out there.
What to become a celebrity in Nigeria? See how… below;
15 Ways to Become a Celebrity in Nigeria
1. Join Politics and Stand for Election: Politics is one of the best strategy to become a celebrity in Nigeria. Even at the level of Local Government Representative, you will be respected by quite a number of people and this brings fame.
2. Join Music Industry: People like music alot. Some attributes musics to “food for the soul”. You can join the music industry as a song writer, vocalist, producer, instrumentalist or marketer. Almost everyone in any of these music industry lines are famous. From there, you can cave a niche for yourself and build lots of followers who are willing to engage even when you are sleeping. See: 5 Tips to Succeed in the Nigerian Music Industry
3. Act Movies: Almost all the Nollywood actors and actresses are celebrities. So, if you want to become a celebrity in Nigeria, this is one of the fastest way. Simple start acting. Feature in many home videos, comics and reality shows. Once you do this, you are a celeb. You can achieve this very fast ff you are female actress, because they really attract attention especially if they posses an appealing looks. See: 8 Tips to Become a Nigerian Female Actress
4. Be Innovative: A breakthrough in ideas that affects another persons way of live is called innovation. All inventors are famous. Don’t go far… simply come up with a breathtaking business ideas then people will start talking about you. I will even write about you. I even wrote Top 10 Nigeria Young Entrepreneurs Under The Age Of 30. All of them there are celebrities because they have touched lives.
5. Involve in Sports: Sports is another way to become a celebrity. If you want to become a celebrity in Nigeria, then do sports. You can join any of the sports; football, basketball, athletics, extreme sports etc. The likes of Mikel Obi and Blessing Okagbare are talks of the town in Nigeria.
6. Become Fortune Tellers: You won’t believe popular prophets and prophets are in Nigeria. Today, you will hear predictions about Buhari, tomorrow you will hear about deadly diseases outbreak. These people are popular and they are celebrities. Just look around you will find many of them in your community. They are extremely popular.
7. Own a Church: Almost all the top ministers in Nigeria are celebrities. They own private jet, grow in fame and money and increase their wealth. If you want to become a celebrity in Nigeria, then start a Church.
8. Walk from Lagos to Abuja: If you can walk with your legs from Lagos to Abuja with good media coverage, then you will automatically crowned a celebrity in Nigeria. I could remember the guy who did this when Buhari worn the presidential election. This guy got a presidential handshake and that’s it.
9. Start Comedy: Sometimes you might just be stupid for a living by doing naughty things just to make other people to laugh. You will agree with me that all the top comedians in Nigeria are celebrities. Many of them went ahead to win huge endorsements from big multinational companies. So, if you want to become a celebrity in Nigeria, drop your pride and act stupid.
11. 10. Become Controversial: Most people just talk when win blows. They almost go against everyone opinions. Yes, many of them are celebrities. They are mostly very intelligent and tends to understand deep life’s issues. Don’t get it? Ok see for example, many professors are not celebrities buy Wole Soyinka is. Ok, see another example is this controversial singer and write called Etcetera. Like it or yes, he’s a celebrity.
12. Become a Model: You might not know that you have modelling gift until you try it. In fact, anyone can become a model in Nigeria. Don’t say I am short, fat, or dwarf. Any status is a model for that status. So, if you want to become a celebrity in Nigeria, then start modelling. You will agree with me that almost all models are celebrities. So why waiting….
13. Start Dancing: Dancing could be a way to enjoy yourself but it could also make you famous. Many event entertainers who are dancers are celebrities. So, if you have that flare of dancing, then put it to more use and you will become a celebrity in Nigeria.
14: Fight for a Cause: You can become a social, political, environmental or human or animal right activist. By fighting for a particular cause, you might be really popular if you are not dead in the process.
15. Just Get Weird: I don’t know how you will get this done… But I know that many people are really famous by doing wired things. Charley Boy get’s many body piercing, Maheeda shares unclad pictures, Ivan get full body tatoo, Donovan turn to a lady and so on… These people attracts enormous public attention that makes them celebrities. So, if you want to become a celebrity in Nigeria, just find something and do but don’t go mad.
There you have the 15 ways to become a celebrity in Nigeria. To be sincere, those are the ones I remember at the time of writing this article. There may be many other ideas that I did not put here. So, do you know any more ideas to become a celebrity in Nigeria? If yes, kindly share with us in the comments section below.
Also, tell me, which of the idea have you found to be more effective to become a celebrity in Nigeria?
This post have been read by over 1M people. So, don’t forget to share this article if you like it.IMPORTANT!: Follow us on Instagram @InfoGuideNigeria
Click here to Read Latest News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).