In today’s article infoguide Nigeria presents to you CAC Registration Fees in Nigeria 2022. For those who want to open a business and want to stand out from the crowd, the CAC registration fees and other important guidelines have been provided in this article. To open a business in Nigeria, first, you need to have a business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Now if you are asking about how much does it cost to register a company in Nigeria 2022; business name registration in Nigeria with CAC registration is not free except for the CAC official signup and login to the dashboard for profile creation. You will need to have a business name reservation for just 500 Naira. If you want to start a business or already own a business and you don’t know the cost. This guide will reveal to you soon.
What Is CAC in Nigeria All About
CAC Nigeria stands for Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria. This body is owned by the Nigerian government The duty of this organization is to regulate and manage all companies in Nigeria. For any business to operate, you are to get an official licensed by CAC through business name registration. The Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) was established in the year 1990.
So it is essential you know CAC registration fees 2022 and then take a step towards
CAC business name registration. We have provided a list of registered companies in Nigeria with their
CAC number. With the below information, you will now know how to register a business name in Nigeria.
Please note: all CAC application and CAC registration forms are on the CAC registration portal.
CAC Registration Fees
All CAC registration fees 2022 have been gotten from the CAC registration portal. Visit cac.gov.ng free registration portal and fill the profile form. During the process, you are setting up your CAC business name registration you might be asked to provide your NIN number. Dial *346# to register for your nin if you don’t have one.
Take note, the following will be needed during your NIN registration.
- Mobile Number
- Full Name
- NIN Number (check using *346#)
- Email Address
- Date of birth.
The CAC registration form is officially out on the CAC registration portal. If you are a non-governmental organization, we have provided CAC registration fees for NGO below.
What Is The Cost Of Registering A Business Name With the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC)
how much is cac registration 2022? This guide has provided a detailed list of CAC registration fees 2022, business name registration processes and their fees. CAC registration portal will be used to register and apply for a business name.
The following compilation has in it, all business registration fees with Public Company/increase in share capital and business without share capital.
- Amount paid for name Reservation = N500
- Price for private company name registration which comes with a share capital of N1million or less = N10,000
- Price for private company registration with an Increase in Share Capital above N1million and up to N500million = N5,000 for every N1million share capital or part thereof
- Amount paid for Registration of private company/Increase in share capital above N500million N7,500 for every N1million share capital or part thereof
- Registration of Public company/Increase in share capital = N20,000 for the first N1million share capital or part thereof
- Registration of Public Company/Increase in share capital. The business name above N1million and up to N500million = N10,000 for every N1million share capital or part thereof
- Business Name Registration above N500million = N15,000 for every N1million share capital or part thereof
- Business registration without a share capital = N20,000
- Filing of notice of exemption of foreign Companies from Registration = N30,000
- N25,000 for Re-instatement/Relisting of company name
- Private company Registration = N10,000 for every N1million or part thereof
- Public company Registration = N20,000 for every 1Million or part thereof
- small Company Filing of annual return = N2,000
- Private company Filing of annual return = N3,000
- Filing of annual return for public company = N5,000
- N5,000 for Filing of annual return for company Limited by Guarantee
- N5,000 for Filing of the annual report by foreign companies
- N10,000 for Filing of statement in form of schedule 14 under section 553
- N50,000 for Filing of notice of merger/acquisition
- N20,000 for Filing of special resolution for merger
- N10,000 for Filing of other documents relating to the merger
- Filing of the statutory declaration of solvency = N5,000
- Registration of appointment of liquidator = N10,000
- Registration of resolution for winding up = N10,000
- Filing of return of final meeting and account of liquidation = N5,000
- change of company name = N10,000
- Filing of notice of alteration of memorandum and articles of association = N5,000
- changes in particulars of directors = N2,000
- change in shareholding = N2,000
- change in registered address = N2,000
- Filing of notice of appointment of receiver = N10,000
- Filing of notice of discharge of receiver = N5,000
- Filing of notice of change of signature = N2,000
- Filing of notice of reduction in share capital by public company = N20,000
- Filing of notice of reduction in share capital by private company = N10,000
- Filing of a deed of release by public company = N10,000
- Filing of a deed of release by private company = N5,000
- Application for extension of time for holding of annual general meeting by public company = N10,000
- For an Application for extension of time for holding of annual general meeting by private company = N5,000
- N10,000 for a Letter of Good Standing
- Other filings (miscellaneous) N2,000
- Certificate of registration N10,000
- Certified true copies of memorandum and articles of association N3,000
- Electronic Search = N1,000 per company
- Manual Search by customers N2,000 per company file
- N5,000 Manual Search Report prepared by officers of the Commission
- Consent for Restricted Names = N5,000
- Standard Reservation of Name = 500
- Registration of business name = 10,000
- Change of business name = 5,000
- change in business address = 1,000
- change in proprietorship = 1,000
- Filing of annual return = 1,000
- Filing of notice of cessation of business 1,000
- Filing of other documents (miscellaneous) 1,000
- Business Name Search = 1,000 (per business name)
- Approved copy for business name certificate of registration = 5,000
- Certified true copies of other documents 2,000 per document Incorporated Trustee
- 30,000 for Incorporation of trustees
- 10,000 to file a case for a change of name
- 10,000 for Filing of notice of change in trustees
- 6,000 to file a notice and create awareness for amendment of the constitution
- 5,000 to file an annual return
- Filing of notice of court order for dissolution = 5,000
- miscellaneous Filing of documents = 1,000
- Search on incorporated trustees file 2,000
- You pay the sum of 10,000 Naira for a Certified true copy of the certificate of incorporation
- You are required to pay 5,000 for a Certified true copy of the constitution
- incorporation form = 2,000
- Approved true copies of other documents 2,000. This is per document
List of Documents to Upload for CAC Business Name Registration
Haven’t given the CAC registration fees 2022 above. Down here I have provided all the list of requirements for registering a business name as seen on the CAC registration portal. We have also provided the full list of documents to upload for CAC business name registration.
Please kindly be informed cac.gov.ng free registration comes with a CAC registration form. The CAC form is only available on the CAC website.
All you have to do is to log on to the free CAC registration portal and create an account with them via pre.cac.gov.ng login or sign up to get started.
Meanwhile below is the complete guide on the List of documents to upload for CAC business name registration online.
- First of all, check if the business name is available. Also for business name reservations kindly follow this URL to learn more https://services.cac.gov.ng/.
- The second thing to do now is to Complete the CAC pre-registration form and upload the required document online via the CAC official portal using the link in number one above.
- Checkout CAC service charge/CAC Registration Fees by Paying a filing fee here.
- Now registration is end-to-end on the COMPANY REGISTRATION PORTAL (CRP) with electronic Certificate of Registration and Certified Extract of registration information
Remember This: You can register your business name without the help of a lawyer or a legal practitioner.
- Availability Printout; same as the Approval Note.
- Registration Form CAC 1.1
- Identification of Directors and Shareholders
- UploadPayment Receipt of CAC
- Upload Stamp Duty Certificate (This is to be printed, once the stamp duty fee is paid).
- Memorandum and Article of Association needed for upload
- Certificate of Incorporation of the Company Secretary; will only be needed if the Secretary is a corporate body.
Take Note: All the above documents must be in PDF format.
What is CAC Requirement and Eligibility for Registration
About the requirements for company registration in Nigeria, it is quite easy nowadays compared to many years back. Now how to register a company online in Nigeria is very simple with the help of the corporate affairs commission of Nigeria (CAC).
I will provide you with the list of documents to upload for CAC business name registration
and as well give you a format of how the CAC registration form looks like.
cac.gov.ng free registration will help you create a free profile. See some of the things required by CAC before registering a business name with CAC.
- Between 2 and 50 people are needed for business name registration.
- Before you can register your company name, you must be up to 18 years and above.
- The required minimum share capital of the business must be 10,000 naira and above.
- You are expected to be in good health condition and sound.
- You will need some special documents for the registration process
Criterias for CACA Name Registration
- Carry out Name Search
- Preparation of Memorandum and Articles of Association with a legal practitioner (lawyer)
- Filling the Incorporation Forms
- Make the Needed Payments/Fees
How Do I Check if a Company is Registered with CAC In Nigeria?
Before you register for a business name with CAC, first and foremost, check if the name has already been used by another person. this will help you checkfor anew name. This is what you will do below.
- Visit the CAC portal
- Navigate down and click on ‘Public Search’
- It will display Search the Record
- Type the RC Number of the company you wish to search
- Click on search
- full company name, RC number, and office address will be displayed if it is already registered.
In this article, CAC Registration Fees in Nigeria 2022 have been provided with various rates and charges. A business name reservation is 500 naira while the official registration of a business name with CAC is 10, 000 naira.
The corporate affairs commission of Nigeria is a federal government agency for business name registration. If you wish to be recognized in business locally and internationally, kindly visit the CAC website and get your business registered today.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!
👍Advertise your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here