See the step-by-step guide on how to share data on MTN Nigeria. This process is very useful for those who are looking for how to gift data on MTN.
In this article, you will know how to transfer MB from MTN to MTN. The MTN telecommunication company is no slouch when it comes to data offerings at an affordable price. Little wonder why a lot of people want to know how to share data on MTN. This is why I’ve written this comprehensive guide to walk you through the process of sharing and requesting concisely.
Learn how to transfer mtn data bundle to another mtn sim in Nigeria. MTN enables its users to buy, share, and request data for and from your friends and family through a service known as “Data Gifting”. You can also use this service to send and buy data bundles for your other smartphones, modems, and tablets.
See how to share data on mtn to mtn. All subscribers both existing and new can have access to this service by simply dialing *131*7#. It doesn’t get easier than that.
How to Share Data On MTN Nigeria
Now we’re getting into the nitty-gritty of this article. To transfer your remaining data or any desired data to friends and family by simply dialing*131*Phone number*Data amount# or text “Transfer (space) phone number (space) data amount” to 131.
Here, you see how to share mtn data with another number. You can also buy data bundles for your friends, families, and virtually anyone with an MTN Sim, provided you know the beneficiary’s phone number.
Bear in mind that you will be charged for the data bought for a beneficiary through your airtime. This means until you have the required airtime to purchase a data bundle for your friend you will be unable to buy data for your friends and family.
Once you’ve got sufficient airtime you can purchase a data bundle for your friend or relatives by dialing *131*Bundle Activation code*Beneficiary’s phone number#.
You can also request data from your friends and families by dialing *131*7*3#. Keep in mind that you can only request data 5 times a day. You can also view your existing requests for data. To do this just dial *131*7*4#.
Things To Keep In Mind
Sharing data on mtn nigeria is easy and explained above. Although the entire process of sending, buying, and receiving data on MTN seems relatively easy, some salient points should always be at the back of your mind when engaging in this process. Some of which includes:
- A pin is not required to use the MTN’s Data Gifting service as you only need to enter your beneficiary’s phone number and select a data plan to use the service.
- You can only transfer 10MB, 50MB, and 100MB. Nevertheless, there must be a minimum of 50MB in your data balance after every transfer to ensure the success of the transfer.
- You can only transfer data twice a day.
- The highest amount of data you can transfer in a day at any given time is 100MB.
- There is no limit to the number of times you can purchase data bundles for your friends and families. It all depends on the size of your pocket.
- When you have multiple data bundles present in your account, you’ll only be able to transfer the data bundle with the latest validity date. In other words, you can only transfer the newly subscribed data bundle and all other bundles you’ll transfer will be in the order of decreasing distance from the expiration date.
- You should also bear in mind that even though you have sufficient data, you’ll be able to receive data. And the data you receive will deplete first before your subscribed data.
- You cannot receive a data request if you have full DND (Do Not Disturb) active on your line. That means even if people do send you a Data request, you won’t be able to see it.
- The data bundles you are allowed to buy or gift includes daily weekly and monthly bundle (like the 25MB,200MB,1.5GB,350MB AND 750MB) as you will be unable to gift from an Xtravalue bundle like the N500 for 500MB Xtradata or the N1,000 for 1GB.
- When you’ve sent a data request it is classified as “Pending Request” until it has been responded to. Your pending data request will be active for 48 hours on your “view pending request” menu and you will be able to see only the 10 most recent requests if you’ve sent multiple requests.
- You’ll be able to send requests for data from your friends and family a maximum of five times a day.
- When you have multiple data bundles, you will only be able to transfer from the bundle with the latest validity at any point in time with the transferred data having the same expiry date on the beneficiary’s line.
- When transferring data, you will not be able to combine data from different data bundles. In essence, if you’ve got say 200MB in your monthly plan and 60MB in your weekly plan you won’t be able to send a combined 260MB of data but will be allowed to send each separately.
- You can Auto-renew the data bundle that was sent to you by sending”opt-in” (without the quotation marks) to 131. But you will be unable to Auto-renew any data that was TRANSFERRED to you.
- You will be able to roll over any unused data that was bought for you as long as you buy or receive another bundle before the expiration of the current bundle or during the grace period of the data bundle. But you will not be able to roll over all bundles TRANSFERRED to you.
- You can check the balance of your gifted data bundles by:
- SMS: Texting 2 to 131.
- USSD: Dialing *131*4#
- Using the MyMTN app.
Do you know that other than sharing data with friends and family, the same can be done with your MTN credit?
To do this simply text the following details to 777 via SMS: Transfer (space) ( Recipient’s Number) (space) (amount) space (pin).
After that, you’ll receive a message of confirmation then send “Yes” to 777.
You could also share credit via USSD code. Simply follow this format.
*777*Recipient’s Number*Airtime amount*pin#.
There you have it on how to transfer data on mtn 2021. My comprehensive guide on sharing data on MTN. I hope you found this article useful. Let me know in the comments section how you’re going to send or share your data or if you’ve got any questions in general. See y’all later.
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 email@example.com.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.