Welcome to 2016. We have compiled the best cheapest data plans in Nigeria for this year. Are you tired of switching off your data every second? Are you tired of spending lots of money on data bundles? Do you want to know the cheapest data plan in Nigeria? If the ultimate answer is yes to these question,we have got the answers you seek.
Due to the high rise in the demand for data,which can be traced to the high purchase of smart phones in today’s phone market,most people are on the look out for the cheapest data bundles to get.
Smart phones are data based and consume a lot of data,thus if one is not careful you may spend a lot of money on data purchases.
If you have been wondering about how to cut the your expenditure on data bundles,this post is for you.You want to know the cheapest data plan to get in Nigeria? Kindly read on.
There are four major networks in Nigeria, MTN, GLO, AIRTEL and ETISALAT.
These networks provide data bundles of different data limits for different prices.It is important to know that there is no such things an unlimited data bundle all bundles are capped i.e they have a limit.
This post will be giving an education on the cheapest data plans available as at the time of writing this post. The post includes data bundles introduced specifically for smart phones also.
Best Cheapest Data Plans on MTN and Subscription Codes:
The cheapest monthly data bundle on the MTM network is the 260mb data plan for 1000 naira. Mtn introduced a special bundles for smart phones which is the Better me bundle.
- The Better me bundle costs 2015 naira and the data allowance is 2015mb. Mtn’s monthly data plans are valid for 30 days. To activate this bundle the MTN subscriber should kindly text SDP to 131 from a Mtn line. Data is automatically rolled over to the next month if it is not exhausted and the same bundle is purchased.
- The affordable weekly plan on the MTN network is the 150mb for 500 naira. The activation code is to text 103 to 131. Service is valid for 7 days.
- The cheapest daily data bundle is 10 mb for 100 naira valid for 24 hrs.To activate text 104 to 131.
- Get 2GB by sending “SPB to 131” at the Cost of N2,000, valid for 30 days.
- Get 2,015MB with MTN Better Me Data Plan by texting ‘SPB to 131’ at the cost of N2,015, valid for 30 days.
- Get 4.5GB with MTN Day and Night Plan by sending ”120 to 131” or dial *131*1*5*1#. Cost is N2,500 and it’s valid for 30 days.
Best Cheapest Data Plans on GLO Nigeria and Subscription Codes:
Glo also have various cheap data plans in Nigeria. Recently, they have changed their data plas to favour their subscribers. They recently upgraded their 1.2GB data plan which is N1000 to 1.5GB. Also, They upgraded 2.5GB to 3GB for N2,000. So, currently, you can easily get Glo 1500MB for N1,000.
To Check Available Glo Data Plan dial *777#
- N2,500 will give you 4.5GB valid for 30 days
- N3000 will give you 6GB valid for 30 days
- N4000 will give you 9GB valid for 30 days
- N5,000 will give you 12GB valid for 30 days
- N8,000 will give you 24GB valid for 30 days
- N10,000 will give you 17GB valid for 30 days
- N15,000 will give you 2.5GB valid for 30 days
- N18,000 will give you 21GB valid for 30 days
On the Glo network,there are a lot of data bundles,the most affordable monthly bundle is 1000 naira for 300 mb 53 to 127.
The cheapest weekly plan on the Glo network is 65mb for 400 naira to activate kindly text 52 to 127 valid for 7 days.
The cheapest daily plan 100 naira for 20 mb to activate text 51 to 127.
Glo also offers the So special bundle consisting of 4.5gb for 2500 valid for 30 days the activation code is to text 58 to 127.
Glo Data Buster
Also, there is promo called Data Buster. Glo data buster will add volume to your current Glo data plan. For instance, with N500, you can get 1GB monthly plan in addition to to your existing plan.
Learn more from Glo buster by dialling, *777*1*1*6# on your glo sim.
Glo Night and weekend Data Plans:
This data plans are for heavy internet users. If you want to download big files, this plan is for you.
- Glo Night Plan: Starts from 12 midnight till 5.00 am in the morning for just N200 for 1GB valid for 1 Day
- Glo Weekend Plan: with only N500, you will get 3GB for use on Saturday and Sunday + additional 7Nights from 12am to 5am. (I like this plan).
How to Subscribe For Glo Night or Glo Weekend Plan
To subscribe for glo Night or Weekend plan, follow the steps below.
» Dial *777# and follow prompt [Data Services » Buy Data » Night and Weekend plans], Now
» Select 1 for Night plan, or
» Select 2 for weekend plan.
Glo Twin Bash
This is a new promotional offer from Glo Nigeria. With Glo Twin Bash, you will get N200MB data (worth N800) if you make a data recharge of N200.
Glo Campus Booster
Glo Campus Booster is a special data plans for students. The plan allows them to get X8 more data value whenever they use their Glo SIM on campus. Bonuses are as follows
N200 data recharge = N400MB of data (This is eight times bigger than the 50MB normal data for the same amount.
Glo Bis give BBM users 3GB for just N1,000. To subscribe Glo BIS, simply Send “COMONTH to 777” via SMS or simply dial *777*21#. Data bundle is valid for 30days.
Glo BIS data plan is one of the cheapest data plan in Nigeria. With proper IMEI Tweaking, PC users can also enjoy this data plan through hotspot tethering.
Best Cheapest Data Plans AIRTEL and Subscription Codes:
Airtel Nigeria also offer best cheap data plans at a very competitive rates. Their data is no more over consumed as complained by their subscribers.
- Get 1GB data plan for just N1,000. Simply dial *141*1*3# to subscribe, valid for 30 days.
- Get 3GB BB data plan for just N1,500. Simply dial *440*16# to subscribe, valid for 30 days.
- Get 4GB data plan for just N2,000. Simply dial *437*1# to subscribe, valid for 30 days.
- Get 9GB data plan for just N3,500. Simply dial *438*1# to subscribe, valid for 30 days.
- Get 1GB Android bundle plan for just N1,000. Simply dial *496# to subscribe, valid for 30 days.
- Airtel offers 10 mb for 100 naira valid for 24 hours activation code is *141*712*11#.
- The weekly bundle is 400 naira for 25mb the code is *141*712*9#.The cheapest data plan for a month is 1000 naira for 200 mb the activation code is *141*712*4#.
- For Smart phone users,Airtel introduced the Android bundle which is 2gb for 2000 naira activation code is *437# valid for 30 days.
Best Cheapest Data Plans on ETISALAT and Subscription Codes:
This networks offers data bundles of all shapes and size,
- The cheapest however for the daily is 10 mb for 100 naira,the activation code is *229*3*1#.
- The most affordable weekly plan is 50mb for 500 naira value for 7 days activation code is *229*3*4#.
- The cheapest data plan from the Etisalat network,is 200mb for 1000 naira,the activation format is *229*2*1#. This service is valid for 30 days.
- Get 1GB: dial for N1,000 by dialing *929*9#, valid for 30 days.
- Etisalat emergency data plan: Get 1GB: dial for N500 by dialing *229*10*10#, valid for 24 hours. This is called
- Etisalat Weekends Plan: Get 1GB: dial for N1,000 by dialing *5995*2#, valid for 3 days.
- Get 2GB: dial for N2,000 by dialing *229*2*8#, valid for 30 days.
Note that all those data plans work very well on all types of devices phones and PC with exception of Blackberry.
Read Also: How To Buy Data Plan On Etisalat Nigeria
Conclusion on Best Cheapest Data Plans
As much as the world keeps evolving and phones evolving along with it,there will always be a search for the cheapest data plans to keep up with all our data needs.
The truth is today’s phone will consume as much data as you can let it use. Despite this though,data can be effectively managed when we are prudent with it.
Smart phone bundles have been introduced by all networks.Depending on what the data is used for,the data bundles listed above are cheap and can be used for a month,week or a day as required.
I know most people will be seeking data plans for 1000 naira for 2gb or more but the truth is networks in Nigeria are not yet ready to go that low,with time maybe the prices may get cheaper.
So forget about cheats because the truth is the networks know about all the cheats and always block them except in cases where they choose to ignore it.
Recently data sharing has become come common offering 1gb for between 1000 -1500 naira,this is also affordable.So there you have it the cheapest data plans in Nigeria.
So make a selection and quit spending lots of money on data.
Share your comments below.Click here to see the latest work from home jobs
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).