Graphic Designer job description: This article discusses the duties of the graphic designer job description. Graphic designers are in charge of creating visually appealing compositions that convey a message by combining design elements such as text, illustrations, photos, and colours.InformationGuideNigeria
Graphic designers should be able to generate creative concepts, interpret constructive criticism, and collaborate with other design disciplines, in addition to having a strong understanding of digital design tools such as Adobe Illustrator.
👉 Relocate to Canada Today!Live, Study and Work in Canada. No Payment is Required! Hurry Now click here to Apply >> Immigrate to Canada
Read Also: Duties of a Paralegal
Graphic designers create aesthetically pleasing ideas that are intended to elicit emotion in the target audience for use in media such as commercials, brochures, periodicals, and reports.
Who is a Graphic Designer?
Graphic designers collaborate with other members of the marketing and creative departments to visually communicate a specific message, idea, or concept. They produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, websites, films, packaging, and other mediums using their knowledge and proficiency with current graphic design programs.JAMB Portal
Graphic designers produce word and image concepts by hand or with computer tools to inspire, inform, and attract consumers. They provide the layout and production design for commercials, brochures, periodicals, and business reports, among other materials.
Read Also: Duties of an Office Assistant
Graphic Designers develop (or design) graphics to satisfy specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, logos, or imagery for print and digital uses, such as banner advertising, social media postings, website graphics, magazine advertorials, etc. They will utilize a range of techniques to generate artistic or decorative effects, and will frequently choose the type, font, size, color, and line length of headers, headings, and text.
Graphic designers use images and text to create everything from company logos to promotional materials. Their skills can be useful in a variety of industries, but getting a foot in the door usually necessitates that entry-level designers have a strong portfolio developed through coursework or internships.
Read Also: Duties of a Phlebotomist Technician
To stay up with the ever-shifting digital landscape, the field of graphic design is undergoing rapid evolution. Graphic designers have been instrumental in assisting businesses in effectively communicating the value of their products and services for several years by developing print deliverables such as magazine adverts and product packaging. They are visual communicators in today’s world; however, the messages they communicate are no longer limited to conventional print mediums.
Graphic designers need to be able to apply their knowledge of visual design concepts to a wide variety of digital products because the majority of our everyday interactions and information collecting happens in digital environments (apps, websites, SaaS platforms, etc.). In the same vein, graphic designers ought to have a working knowledge of a variety of design disciplines, including visual identity design, user experience design, and user interface design.
Read Also: Duties of A Stocker
Duties of A Graphic Designer
Graphic designers create visual communications effectively and aesthetically convey messages. This includes a variety of tasks and duties.
- Create visual content such as websites, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, and commercials.
- Generating them can be done manually or with the help of tools like computer software. Employers typically want designers to have expert proficiency in Adobe’s Creative Suite, which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more.50+ Thank You Messages to People for Their Best Wishes
- Consult with customers to find out how they would like your planned communications to look. Make or include graphics, images, and designs that speak to the message’s intended tone and style.
- Improve the legibility of text and images by adjusting the font size and style.JAMB Result
- Put together drafts for clients to go at, and then adjust them depending on their comments.
- Check finished products for flaws and make sure prints match client requirements.
- Create visually appealing images to accompany written text.
- Everything from posters and billboards to packaging, logos and marketing materials can be created.
- To convey ideas to an audience, use elements such as shapes, colors, typography, images, and more.
- Meet with clients to determine their requirements.
- To finish projects, use design software.
- Projects should be revised in response to client feedback.
- Design and create captivating creative assets for print, digital, social, and video campaigns.
- Continue building the brand’s visual identity by working closely with the Creative Director and other designers and following their direction.Duties of A Graphic Designer
- Refine and enhance designs depending on the input of project managers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain asset libraries with up-to-date company logos, product photos, and other brand assets
- Ensure that all visual assets adhere to the company’s design specifications
- Collaborate with other teams, such as product and marketing, to assist in the completion of additional projects and initiatives.
- Maintain a designed pulse by keeping current with rising design trends and new developments.
- Design print and digital pages so that content is simple to locate, read, and comprehend.
- Gather all pertinent information for each project and verify that all deliverables contain the correct data.
- Generate lucid concepts, ideas, and designs for creative assets from start to finish.
- Collaborate with other designers to provide a unified, consistent brand perception.
- Create interesting designs in collaboration with a cross-functional team comprised of marketers, creative directors, and product managers.
- Transform facts about the client’s business and customers into designs that are aesthetically appealing, simple to comprehend, and emotionally resonant.NYSC Portal
- Maintain an awareness of the most recent industry standards, procedures, and fashions in visual design.
- Collaborates with the client, editorial staff, manager, art director, and/or other project participants to comprehend the project’s assignment, target audience, and desired message.
- Creates unique visual material that conveys the required emotion or message engagingly and coherently.
- Select images, clip art, and stock photographs as needed; may supplement selections with simple sketches.
- Chooses fonts for written material; creates a sample layout for a client or other project partners to approve.
- Prepares design work drafts and sends examples to editorial or other relevant personnel or departments for evaluation.
- Projects are revised as needed based on the collaborative feedback process.
- On difficult or specialized projects, consults with the graphics manager, art director, and/or other team members as needed.
- When final approval is received, prepare print orders and assembly instructions.
- As needed, keeps track of billable project hours.
- Bringing the brief and concept to reality by the client’s requirements and vision.
- Considering the budget, time, and production constraints.
- Before deciding on a final design/concept, prepare mockups and present them to clients.
- Before finalizing artwork, proofs are edited to the client’s specifications and signed off on.
- Working with art directors, copywriters, photographers, and other designers.
- Adapting and distributing approved concepts across numerous media, both above and below the line.
- Following the brand identity and guidelines of a customer.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders about project progress and potential issues.
- Collaborating with other departments to apply the concept and images to other internal and external marketing materials.300+ Corporate Christmas Messages to Clients and Customers
- Before sending artwork to press and manufacturing companies, ensure that it is correct and delivered in the correct format/sizes/color codes.
- Work on multiple briefs concurrently.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
Read Also: Duties of A Police Detective
In addition to having a strong understanding of digital design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, graphic designers should be able to generate creative concepts, interpret constructive criticism, and collaborate with other design disciplines.
Check JAMB Result
Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira
👉 Relocate to Canada Today!
Live, Study and Work in Canada. No Payment is Required! Hurry Now click here to Apply >> Immigrate to Canada
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N9,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 monthly users on our website. Click here to read more.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!