Duties of A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN): Read all you need to know about the duties of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). We hope you find this article helpful.InformationGuideNigeria
Read Also: Duties of a Bookkeeper
👉 Relocate to Canada Today!Live, Study and Work in Canada. No Payment is Required! Hurry Now click here to Apply >> Immigrate to Canada
LPNs, or licensed practical nurses, are responsible for a variety of fundamental nursing responsibilities. They operate in medical offices, hospitals, and other healthcare institutions under the supervision of registered nurses (RNs) and physicians. They may also offer care at the patient’s home.
Read Also: Duties of A Personal Assistant
Care for patients is delegated to Licensed Practical Nurses, who work under the direction of Registered Nurses. Monitoring vital signs and health condition, administering treatments, providing emotional support, assisting with personal hygiene, dressing wounds, preparing patients for surgery, and collecting samples for lab tests are all examples of the kinds of tasks that might be included on a resume for a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Read Also: Duties of A Police Detective
LPNs perform nursing tasks that are more complex than those performed by nurse’s aides but less complex than those performed by registered nurses. LPNs monitor patients’ health and look for evidence that it is deteriorating or improving. They examine vital signs and monitor readings for changes.
Licensed Practical Nurses conduct basic nursing activities such as bandaging and treating wounds. They provide comfort to patients and ensure that basic needs such as food and fluid intake are met. Depending on institutional and state regulations, licensed practical nurses may also give drugs in some contexts.
Read Also: Duties of an Executive Assistant
Duties of A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Interact with clinic patients throughout their appointments. Greeting, rooming, obtaining health histories, preparing the patient for exams or procedures, collecting lab specimens, and administering medication are all examples of interactions with the patient.
- as indicated by the health care professional, and giving the patient with information and follow-up instructions100+ Good morning messages for my wife: Best ideas to use
- Assist health care practitioners in medical treatment administration by preparing patients for treatments and assisting with process completion.
- Complete any diagnostic tests as directed by your doctor.
- Inject as recommended by your health care practitioner.
- Ensure timely, accurate communication with patients and thorough documentation, including verbal and written communications with the patient or the patient’s representative.
- Examine medical records prior to patient appointments to ensure the physician has adequate and relevant information.
- Keeping track of the patients’ eating habits and how frequently they use the restroom.
- Putting together equipment such as gastrostomy tubes, catheters, and oxygen supplies.
Giving basic bedside care such as treating wounds, changing bandages, inserting catheters, and administering injections.
- Obtaining vital indicators from the patient, such as breathing, temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- Enter data linked to patient records into computer systems.
- Patients’ admission and billing
- Examine patients’ medical histories and conduct interviews with them.
- Control vaccines and injectionsNYSC Portal
- Patients should be educated and encouraged to avoid unhealthy routines.
- Keep your medical records up to date.
- Inform patients by mail or phone about the doctor’s instructions or test findings.
- Assist registered nurses and other outstanding nurses in developing the optimal patient care plan.
- Assist patients in comprehending documentation or paperwork
- Discuss current problems, allergies, and prescriptions with patients, and keep an eye on their medical records.
- Perform regular vaccines, visual acuity testing, nebulizer treatments, and TB testing.
- Discuss the treatment plan, testing, and diagnosis with the patients and their families.
- In charge of certified nursing assistants and other non-licensed nursing personnel.
- Starting, monitoring, and stopping intravenous catheters or intravenous fluids
- Taking verbal instructions from the MD (Doctor of Medicine)
- Assist in phlebotomy by analyzing patients, reviewing requisition forms for needed tests, and setting up equipment, patients, and puncture sites.
- Assists with IV setups by validating the solution to be regulated, assessing the infusion site, monitoring IV function and patient comfort, and terminating the IV at the appropriate time, as ordered by the MD.10 Best PS5 Consoles and their Prices in Nigeria
- Maintain a sufficient inventory of examination room materials and set up the rooms.
- Answer phone calls, respond to messages, and do triage within the scope of licensed practical nursing practice in an exact and precise manner.
- Assist in the coordination of patient referrals and participate in the training and orientation of new workers.Duties of A Licensed Practical Nurse
- Call pharmacies to order medicines and keep supplies in patients’ rooms.
- Talk to the doctor and accurately receive and write down orders
- Put all medical information in the right place and on time.
- As needed, put the right patient identification information on medical records, wristbands, ID cards, etc.
- Set up your own appointments for services.
- Manage phone calls in a friendly and effective way.
- Do the tasks of a staff nurse as needed.
- Give great service to customers and a good attitude toward patients.
- Help get patients out of the hospital.
- Demonstrate steady, frequent attendance
- Pay attention and use your brain and good sense.
- Communicate and work well on a team with members from different fields
- Occasionally sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move while at work.
- Gather, keep track of, and update patient history. Write down any new information.
- Take your blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, and other vitals.
- Give out medications and keep an eye on how the patient is reacting to them.
- Bandages, dressings, and feeding tubes should be changed as needed, and catheters should be put in and changed.
- Help people take care of themselves.JAMB Portal
- Patients who need help eating and drinking should be helped.
- Collect samples and send them to the right department.
- If state certification allows, set up an intravenous (IV) drip.
- Give patients and their families emotional support and listen to their worries and comments.
- Tell someone if a patient’s behavior or symptoms change in a big way or in a strange way.
- Make sure the rooms are clean and germ-free.
- Keep medical records up to date and accurate by recording health information in an electronic health record.Duties of A Licensed Practical Nurse
- Respond to patient requests in a timely and professional manner via patient portal, phone calls, or direct interaction. Patient requests can be received via portal, phone, fax, tasking, and other means.
- Organizing additional patient testing, hospital admission, laboratory tests, and appointment scheduling.
- Completion of tasks assigned by doctors, nurses, and CMAs.
- Maintain patient flow and workflow by managing the provider’s patient schedule.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely documentation of care provided in the EHR.
- Maintain appropriate supplies in exam rooms, stations, and clinic spaces to promote efficient patient treatment.
- As requested, attend and participate in department meetings, committees, and discussions.
- Complete all other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Read Also: 30+ Duties of an occupational therapist
In the event that you can’t find what you’re looking for here, kindly let us know in the comments area. We wish you the best of luck in your career as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Check JAMB Result
Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira
👉 Relocate to Canada Today!
Live, Study and Work in Canada. No Payment is Required! Hurry Now click here to Apply >> Immigrate to Canada
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N9,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 monthly users on our website. Click here to read more.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!