In this post, you will see the list of 35 Fast Moving Consumer Goods – FMCG Companies in Nigeria. These companies, process, package and deliver food products to the Nigerian markets.
The availability of packaged products in Nigeria is very high as new products come to the market scene on a daily basis. Different brands with their own distinct quality products is what encourages a large number of purchases from consumers.
FMCG otherwise known as Fast Moving Consumer Goods are goods that have been around for a relatively long period of time and have also seen new introductions of such goods to the market. The beauty of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) is that they cost little and attract large demand from prospective customers.
Over the years, consumers nationwide have become acquainted with some popular brands of these Fast Moving Consumer Goods that it has become a household name. It is now a common mistake for a product to be referred to a particularly popular brand name, for instance, people generally tend to call noodles indomie because it is the brand that has been there before other brands came into existence.
See Also: How to Achieve Food Security in Nigeria
There is huge turnover in FMCG because irrespective of the poor economic situation, consumers have a high tendency to consume such goods. In Nigeria and mostly other parts of the world, FMCG has aroused competition from brands who deals on consumer goods.
The rate at which Fast Moving Consumer Goods are consumed in Nigeria is very high that it has generated more waste than necessary. This article is all about stating all the FMCG companies in Nigeria but taking a detour to arrive at this destination is quite necessary.
There are more FMCG companies in Nigeria presently because of the new products and brands that are being introduced on a daily basis to the market that consumers can relatively choose from. Due to the presence of different brands, competition is very stiff as FMCG companies strive to produce quality products that would put them on the top list in the market place.
These companies have extended their wings outside Nigeria to other parts of the world and their products have gained worldwide popularity. It is paramount for these companies to keep introducing new products that meets the consumers requirements so as not to fall out of the market place.
The FMCG companies is generally categorized into two types depending on the number of products they offer to the market place. The mono brand companies offer only one type of product like the Coca-Cola company. There is also the multi-product companies that offers more than one type of products like Nestlé, Unilever.
Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) consists of foods, drinks, detergents, beauty products, etc. These products have a high level of consumption by the teeming population and are readily available nationwide.
List of All FMCG Companies in Nigeria
The following are the list of FMCG companies in Nigeria :
1. Dangote Group – This is a popular FMCG company in Nigeria as well as other neighbouring Africa countries that deals with producing varieties of products like sugar, cement, salt, pasta, noodles, flour, etc.
2. Unilever Nigeria Plc – This is yet another FMCG company in Nigeria that produces different kinds of popular products like Vaseline, Royco, Knorr, Blueband, Lipton, Omo, etc.
3. Nigerian Breweries – The largest beverage manufacturing company in Nigeria.
4. Nestle Nigeria Plc – This is one of the oldest and most trusted FMCG company by consumers that produces coffee, chocolate, baby foods, confectionery, drinks, cereals, etc.
5. Chi Limited – The list of FMCG companies in Nigeria would not be complete without adding Chi Limited as the company is a multi-product company that produces products like juice, refreshing fruit drinks, snacks, muffins, youghurts amongst others.
6. Flour Mill in Nigeria – The manufacturing company of popular product like Golden Penny flours.
7. Vital Products – This company produces tomato pastes, fruit juice, non-alcoholic beverages.
8. Sona Agro Allied Foods Limited – This company has not been around for a long time but have a spot in the market place with their products like biscuits, tomato pastes, etc.
9. Dansa Foods Limited – Drinks and beverages manufacturing Company.
10. Yale Foods Ltd– This company produces different kinds of biscuits, wafers
11. Beloxxi group – This makes the list as the company is famous for its cream crackers and biscuits.
12. Nexans Nigeria – A cable manufacturing company.
13. La Casera Company Plc – This company specializes in producing drinks.
14.OK Foods – Pretty known for their top quality products like biscuits, chocolates, drinks, etc.
15. Deli Foods – Produces premium quality crackers, biscuits, cookies.
16. British American Tobacco – The company known for tobacco production in Nigeria.
17. CWAY Food and Beverages Nigeria Company Limited – This is one of the fast rising FMCG company in Nigeria as their products are widely consumed which consists of milk drink, and bottled water
18. Rites Foods Ltd– Produce products like rite sausages, bigi drinks,
19. Comart Nigeria Ltd – Produces bottled water, soft drinks, vegetable oil.
20. Newbisco Ltd – Producers of coaster biscuits and crackers.
21. Honeyland Foods – Produce healthy drinks.
22. PZ Cussons – This company manufactures household goods like Morning fresh, Toiletries, Venus , Robb, Baby Cussons.
23. Friesland Campina Wamco Nigeria Plc – This is the top leading diary company in Nigeria with their products largely available in the market place which consists of top brands like Peak, Friso and Three crowns.
24. Zubee International Company Limited – The products of this company consists of various foods, sweets and other related products.
25. Bimzy Super Stores Ventures- Produces drinks and cookies.
26. DuFil Prima Foods – Produces high quality instant noodles consumed by a large fraction of Nigeria’s population.
27. Dis and Dart Mart – Products offered by this company are groceries, toiletries, cereals and other high end products.
28. Be Global Food FZE (BGF) – This company specializes in producing drinks, perfumes, sugar, flavors, healthy foods and diary products.
29. Conserveria Africana Limited
30. Nutri C
31. Apples and Pears Limited
32. Sc Johnson – Raid
33. Daraju Industries Limited – This company produces varieties of products like detergents, toothpaste, beauty products, bathing soap, matches, dishwashing liquid soap, etc. The company has been in existence since 2008.
34. May & Baker Nigeria Plc.
35. Farest Mercantile Company.
The high demands for FMCG have led to diversification and as such as brought new players to the market scene as new products are being introduced to the market on a daily basis. Different brands leave consumers with a lot of choices as they buy according to their preference and these goods are pretty cheap and can be bought in bulk. The FMCG companies also contribute their own quota to the country’s economic development.
👉 Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 25% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest
👉 Invest in US Stocks such as Google, Netflix, Amazon etc. Get free $100 worth of US Stocks. Signup here at Passfolio Buy and Sell Bitcoin in Nigeria - Register for free on Luno
Click here to see the latest Study Abroad Scholarships and Guides
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.