The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Program is a mandatory one-year service for every Nigerian graduate. Nigerian graduates who studied within and outside the country are mandated to take part in the NYSC program in other to obtain the NYSC discharge certificate.Information Guide Nigeria
Read Also: How to Detect a Fake NYSC Certificate
The NYSC discharge certificate is an essential document required during employment procedures in Nigeria. Hence, graduates without the NYSC certificate are bound to suffer some major repercussions career-wise. Although the NYSC program is a compulsory program, there are some instances where one can be exempted from the mandatory service year, and be given an NYSC certificate of exemption.NYSC Exemption Letter
The NYSC certificate of exemption can be used by the graduate in place of the NYSC discharge certificate during job hunt and other applications. However, not everyone can obtain the NYSC certificate of exemption. To obtain the certificate, you must first meet the requirements and apply on time for the exemption letter. If you’re a prospective corps member, and you wish to apply for the NYSC certificate of exemption, then this article is for you, as everything you need to know about the NYSC certificate of exemption and how to obtain one, is contained in this post.How to Check JAMB Phone Number
Read Also: How to Check NYSC Senate List
What is NYSC Certificate of Exemption?
The NYSC certificate of exemption is a certificate issued by the Nigerian government to Nigerian graduates who wish to be exempted from the mandatory NYSC service year due to one reason or the other. The NYSC certificate of exemption can be used in place of the NYSC discharge certificate which is usually issued to graduates at the end of their service.Npower recruitment
Every Nigerian graduate whether trained within or outside the country is required by law to participate in the NYSC one (1) year service program. However, if the graduate meets a certain requirement, they can be issued a certificate of exemption, allowing them to be exempted from the mandatory service year. The certificate proves that the graduate did not abscond from the NYSC program, but was rather issued an exempted letter due to his/her limitations.How to know JAMB Username and Password
Read Also: How to Check NYSC Mobilization List
Who is Eligible for the NYSC Certificate of Exemption?
The NYSC service year is a mandatory program for every Nigerian graduate who studied within and outside the country. Hence, not everyone can get their hands on the NYSC certificate of exemption. To be eligible to apply for the NYSC certificate for exemption, the said graduate must first meet the requirements. According to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Degree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) Nigerian graduates who are eligible for the exemption letter are graduates who at the date of their graduation;
- He/she is above the age of thirty (30) years
- He/she has served in any branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces (Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy, and Nigerian Air Force) or in the Nigerian Police Force for more than nine (9) months
- He/she is a member or staff in any of the following organizations:
- The Nigerian Security Organization, or
- The National Intelligence Agency, or
- The State Security Service, or
- The Defence Intelligence Service
- He/she has been awarded any National Honour.WAEC result
Read Also: How to do NYSC Registration Online
How to Get the NYSC Certificate of Exemption
If you wish to obtain the NYSC certificate of exemption, an you’ve checked that you meet the requirements then follow the instructions below to obtain your receive your NYSC exemption letter:
- Step 1: Visit the National Youth Service Corps State Secretariat in your current location
- Step 2: Once you’re there, let the attendant know the reason you’re there
- Step 3: You will be directed by the attendant to where your issue will be addressed
- Step 4: An application form for the NYSC exemption letter will be issued to you
- Step 5: Fill the application form with your correct details and attest it with your signature
- Step 6: Attach the relevant documents to obtain the exemption letter. The documents you require to obtain your NYSC exemption letter include:
- Completed application form
- Documents showing academic qualifications
- Approved result
- Applicants identity document
- Supporting documents (as instructed)
- Step 7: After filing the form and attach the relevant documents, submit the form to the NYSC official present
- Step 8: You will be required to make a stipulated payment for the procedure
- Step 9: After the payment has been made, your application form will be forwarded for validation and verification
- Step 9: Once validation and verification is done, your application will be approved.
- Step 10: You will be notified once the Exemption letter is ready.JAMB form
Note: The NYSC certificate of exemption will be issued to you by your tertiary institution.
Read Also: How to Check NYSC Call-Up Letter
How to Apply for the NYSC Certificate of Exemption for NOUN Graduate
If you’re a graduate of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) and you wish to apply for the NYSC exemption letter, follow the instructions below:JAMB Result
- Step 1: Go to the NYSC official portal via https://portal.nysc.org.ng
- Step 2: Click on “Check senate list or it’s equivalents” to confirm your NYSC details
- Step 3: Return to the NYSC homepage after confirming your name on the senate list
- Step 4: Click on “Mobilization Batch” on the portal
- Step 5: Click on “Fresh Registration” then you will be redirected to another page where you’ll be required to create an account
- Step 6: Enter your correct details into the required columns and click on “ Continue”
- Step 7: You will be instructed to verify your email address
- Step 8: To verify your email address, click on the link sent to you, and you will be redirected back to the NYSC portal to continue your NYSC account creation/registration
- Step 9: Enter the required details into the available spaces then click on “submit and continue” (click on Part-time to ignore JAMB regularization no.)
- Step 10: You will be required make payment for the procedure. Select your preferred payment option to continue
- Step 11: Make the required payment for the procedure. The required payment is usually less than N3,000
- Step 12: After making the payment, click on submit
- Step 13: Check your NYSC dashboard to see if your exemption letter has been made available for printing. If it’s not, you can check after a few days, then make the printout.
Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira today
🤑 Start making money from home today!
👉 Get correct FREE TIPS and Guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.