Most graduates apply for the NYSC program simply because it is a compulsory exercise, but they do not know how to make use of it during job hunting.Information Guide Nigeria
Did you know that you are required to add your NYSC certificate to your CV? It’s true! After completing your one-year national service, a discharge certificate will be issued to you, or a certificate of Exemption, if you were exempted from service. These certificates are essential during job hunting. Most employers of labour will not employ a graduate who does possess the NYSC certificate.
You may be wondering why you didn’t get that last job you applied for, even after being very qualified for the position. Well, you failed to add your NYSC certificate to your CV. Employers usually go through applicants’ CVs to select applicants that would proceed to the stage of employment. If yours didn’t contain your NYSC certificate, then your chances of landing the job would be slim.
Do you know how to add the NYSC certificate to your CV? If you don’t, then you need to read today’s article very carefully. As we will be showing you how to add your NYSC certificate and create a good CV.Include NYSC in Your CV
Read Also: How to Get NYSC Green Card
What is Curriculum Vitae?
Curriculum Vitae (CV) is a Latin word which refers to “the course of your academic life”. It is a formally presented document which contains a detailed synopsis of the academic and research experiences and achievements of an individual. It is quite similar to a resume, but with more detailed information contained in it.
Your CV must contain your Educational achievements, research achievements, work experience, presentations, publications, and any other landmark achievement or experience you may have gained during the course of your professional life, including the NYSC program.24 Big Brother Naija Season 7 Housemates [NAMES, PICTURES and PROFILES)
The NYSC program in itself is a landmark achievement for every graduate. Hence, it should be contained in your CV. Your CV is an account of everything that qualifies you as an expert in your chosen field. A CV is usually requested during job application, graduate program application, application for international positions, etc.How to Check NIN Details Online
Read Also: How to Get NYSC Call-Up Number
How to Construct a Good CV
To create a good CV worthy of employment, use the CV format below:
1. Personal Details
This is the first section in your Curriculum Vitae. It comprises your name, age, contact address, phone number, and email address.
- Your Personal details should be at the top of your CV in a visible font
- Do not include your state of origin in the personal details section
- Including your age here is optional
- Do not include your religion in this section
- Do not use an unprofessional email addressNpower Recruitment
2. Educational Qualifications
This is the next section after writing your personal details. In this section, you are required to provide all your academic qualifications, starting from the most recent. Any professional certificate that you possess can be added to this section. It is recommended that you add professional certificates relevant to the position you’re applying for.
- Do not include your primary or first school leaving certificate unless you are a fresh graduate without any job experience.
3. Work Experience & Achievement
In this section, you are required to write about your work experience. Begin with your most recent job, or current job, before writing about your past work, and state your achievements during these experiences.JAMB Form
- Savannah Production Limited (August 2019 – present)
- Job Title: Production Supervisor
- Achievement: Through my effective supervision and dedication to work, the production capacity of Savannah Production Limited was increased from 40 pallets per day to 50 pallets. I also won the best supervisor of the year, 2020.
Ensure that your work experience and achievement are tweaked to match the position you’re applying for.
4. Interest and abilities
In this section, you are required to write about your personal interest and abilities. Your interest should be in line with the employer’s social responsibilities, and try to keep it as short as possible.WAEC Result
This is the last section in your Curriculum Vitae. You should add at least three referees unless otherwise stated. Ensure that the referees you’ve written are properly informed.
Read Also: How to Correct Your NYSC Name
General Instructions for Constructing a good CV
The following tips will be very helpful to you when creating your CV:
- Ensure that your CV does not exceed 3 pages. A good CV should be between 2 – 3 pages at most, no employer wants to review a textbook-like CV.
- Ensure that your CV is concise and straight to the point, and avoid grammatical errors.
- Make use of unique real-life examples to show your abilities, than rely on generic phrases like team player or hardworking
- Your CV should target the Job role you’re applying for
- Do not start your CV with the words “Curriculum Vitae”
- Do not include a passport photographs unless otherwise stated
- Avoid exaggeration on your CV, it would be deemed as fraud.
- If you are posting your CV online, do not add your home address to avoid be targeted by fraudsters.JAMB Result
Read Also: How to Check Your NYSC Call-Up Letter
How to Add Your NYSC Certificate to Your CV
To add your National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate to your CV, you must include it under the “Work Experience” section in your CV, and not under “Educational qualification”.
- Stella Maris College, Rivers State Nigeria, NYSC 2013 – 2014
- Chemistry Teacher
- Managed 25 students at a time to ensure effective learning and appropriate behaviour
- Motivated the students to move past their current academic performance, and successfully increased the pass rate on standardized test to 70% for juniors and 85% for seniors.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.
🤑 Start making money from home today!
👉 Get correct FREE TIPS and Guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start
👍Advertise your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here