The joint admission and matriculation board (jamb) is a board that conducts entrance examinations for incoming undergraduates into Nigeria University.
It is an entrance examination board set for tertiary level institutions. The responsibility of the board is to administer similar examinations for prospective candidates into the Nigerian private and public polytechnics, monotechnics and college of educations.
To register for joint admissions and matriculations board (jamb), candidates must have obtained the west Africa school certificate now called west African examinations council (WAEC) or national examination council(Nigeria) NECO.
The unified tertiary matriculation examination (UTME) conducted by the joint admission and matriculation board (jamb) has been written by candidates and more are still writing. But those who have written theirs have checked and seen their scores or results while others haven’t seen theirs. This is because JAMB do release candidate’s results in batches.
Every year jamb releases 1,048,914 results out of the 1,648,429 candidates who write the ongoing UTME. Therefore lots and lots of students may likely not know how to check their results sometimes may make the students go crazy.
Therefore the joint admission and matriculations board has looked deep down the future in realizing all the advantages of a unique internet service and computer technologies in enrolling students in higher institutional establishments here in Nigeria. This is more easy-to-use in registering students to avoid impersonation amongst candidates. Candidates who want to pass the exam are advised to practice jamb cbt software with thier computer or phone.
More so, all a candidates needs to do is to follow the jamb un-sophisticated procedures in checking his/her jamb results online.
In this article we will guide you on the step-by-step way of checking your results that is if you’re a candidate who sat for UTME and has not checked yours.
How to check jamb result
- First you go to your official jamb office or visit jamb portal at here
- Login to your email account and type in your password
- You click on the result notification from the services or you rather click to the icon that states check 2017 examination results
- Then you click on access jamb score or results
- If selected and it shows no result yet, lolzz please don’t panic because as I said earlier, jamb releases result according to batches or you can as well contact the information icon for more clarification- lay complaints if you face more challenges. These may probably happen if you were involved in any kind if malpractice, if you missed your schedule or you were late for the exams etc.
If you want to print your results kindly logging to this site for more information http://www.jamb.org.ng/printslip.htm but before then you must take note of the following procedure.
- You would be required to create a profile and to sign in a page (these is strictly for new users) but for existing users, you can simply logging your details. In able to do these, you must create your profile, and provide your valid email address, your surname, first name, mobile contact, state and LGA of origin and your correct password after which you sign up immediately. All candidates should note that they are entailed to one profile only.
- Afterwards you can use your email address and password to signup
- Once you logging to these, you’ll be taken to landing space where you can see all the available services provided for you
- On the side bar of the of your home page, you will select the icon” print result slip”
- A transaction id will be generated once you select these service, these will be displayed on your confirmation page screen
- Note that the transaction ID will be display in bold red font, it is advisable to review the details displayed on the confirmation page because it is useful for all future references concerning your transaction. Therefore a copy of the transaction ID will be delivered to your email address
- If you wish to pay with your card immediately ,click on the continue button to notify if you wish to use other payment channels like cash at bank, quick teller or ATM. Note that the ID transaction will be required when needed.
- Enter your card details on your interswitch payment page and click on the pay button
- Note that the status payment will be displayed on the “my payment” section. An email and SMS will be sent to you after the payment, containing your unique transaction identification and payment status
- Once the payment is done successfully, you’ll be asked to provide full details about your year of examination, jamb registration number
- Finally print out your result slip
HOW TO CHECK JAMB RESULT WITHOUT THE SCRATCH CARD
Every candidate has the opportunity to check hi/her result for free without scratch card. But it should be noted that if you check your result and it exceed five times you will have to pay by buying a scratch card to check your result.
It is advisable that before you continue, you should use a reliable and fast network that is strong enough to save the page for printing and re-accessing because you won’t want to exhaust your chance in checking your result.
Follow this procedure to check your result free
- Visit jamb official site http:/www.jamb.org.ng
- Click on the result slip printing
- Type in your jamb registration number and click check result
- Be patient and wait for the page to load up and your jamb result will display instantly on your screen
- If for instance you see “no result yet” do not panic yet because these simply means your result has nit be uploaded on your jamb server.
Don’t forget to save or print your result page in a PDF format.
You must admit that the innovation in the Nigerian educational sphere works pretty cool because it allows potential students get updated of the events, changes and moves on the list of higher educational establishment in Nigeria.
The result checker issue by jamb facilitates the progress of admitting students, ease the life of officials and candidates at large. With these change there will be no fuss and lobbies in university. So user can relax will they check their result without sweats.
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).