See the step-by-step guide on how to Join Nigerian Navy . Here you will find all the requirements, documents needed, individual eligibility and how to apply.
Different people are born with different aspirations and dreams, which they will like to achieve in life. Some aspire to join the armed forces. The Nigerian Armed Forces constitutes of The Army, The Navy and The Airforce. Here we will looking at the processes and requirements involved in joining the Nigerian Navy.
Currently the Nigerian Navy runs two different kinds of recruitment process, the general recruitment process for its basic course and another recruitment process for its direct short service course (DSSC), which have different requirements, especially as regards to academic qualifications. We will be looking at the processes involved in applying for either of them.
Read Also: How to Join The Nigerian Army
Step One to Join Nigerian Navy: Stay Informed and Up to Date.
The first step of the recruitment process of the Nigerian Navy is an online application, where you be required to register and download the application forms. This is normally done on the registration portal, www.joinnigeriannavy.com, so you need to keep tabs on the portal and also the official website if the Nigerian Navy www.navy.mil.ng.
On the website , and also on the portal, it is stated clearly that application is free, so ensure you don’t fall into the hands of fraudsters who give out false information and collect money from unsuspecting ‘prospective’ applicants while promising a job in the Nigerian Navy but at the end it will not work out.
So it is advisable you get your information, such as dates when the recruitment process starts, only from reputable sources like TV broadcasts, radio and Nigerian newspapers. This will save you from a lot of heartache.
Step Two to Join Nigerian Navy: Make Sure You Have/Meet The Necessary Qualifications.
The requirements to join Nigerian Navy General Recruitment (Basic Course) includes the following:
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in either WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB (English and Mathematics inclusive).
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years, while 24 – 26 years are the acceptable limit for those with OND, NCE, Nurses and Motor Transport Department (MTD) respectively, by 31st December of the year of application.
- If you posses a higher qualification like the HND, the BSc or any equivalent, then you should apply for the Direct Short Service as these qualifications will not be accepted for the general recruitment exercise.
The requirements for the Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) include the following:
- to join Nigerian Navy, Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31st December of the year of application, except Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years. Those over 28 and 30 years, as applicable, need not apply.
Other Requirements to Join Nigerian Navy to both categories include the following:
- All applicants must be single.
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall.
- Any applicant who has been convicted by court of law on criminal charges are not to apply.
- Persons with any of the following listed problems are NOT eligible, and therefore need not apply:
i. Short sight.
ii. Ear problem.
iii. Previous orthopedic operation.
iv. Flat foot Below the required height (Male 1.70, female 1.67).
vi. Stammering, or any natural disability.
- All applicants must bring the following documents along with them while coming for the recruitment aptitude test at their various centres:
a. Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration from High Court.
b. Photocopies of all Certificates, including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
c. Letter of Identification, duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary of the candidate’s LGA, or by an officer of the rank of Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) or Equivalent and above from candidate’s State of Origin.
d. Duly completed Parent Consent form to be signed by Candidate’s Parent or Guardian.
e. Four passport photographs duly signed and stamped by (c) above.
Bear in mind that these requirements could be changed at given time, thus you need to be abreast with any latest developments and updates by checking their website, and if need be the portal regularly, to be on the date side.
Read Also: Nigerian Air force Recruitment
Step Three: How to Join Nigerian Navy:
As already stated above, the portal for applying for the Nigerian Navy recruitment process is www.joinnigeriannavy.com. You can also get any information on how to apply from the Naval official website www.navy.mil.ng, since there is every likelihood that the portal could be changed, or the method of application could change.
It is very important to note that currently applications are free of charge, and applicants are to apply only once as multiple online applications/applicants will be disqualified.
- To apply open the portal (www.joinnigeriannavy.com) on your browser, then click on the Register button to create an account on the portal. You will be asked to provide a valid Email address (which will be used as your User Name) and Password. Make sure you remember the e-mail address and password you used, because you will be need it to log-in the next time you visit the portal.
- Complete the Ratings Application form that you will be provided with. Ensure that you thoroughly review your data before submitting, because you may not be able to change it after submission. You can save your application. You may log in at anytime before application closes to make changes to your saved application. You may not be shortlisted if you do not submit your application.
- On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and then download and print a copy of your completed Application form which must include the following parts: a. Applicant’s Declaration and Certification by Parent/Guardian form. b. Local Government Area Certification Form. c. Police Certification Form. d. Guarantor Form.
After successfully submitting your application form, and printing all the forms presented to you, the next step is to hope and pray that you are shortlisted for the aptitude test. Also you will need to be frequenting their portal and website to know when the list of shortlisted candidates will be released.
Read More: How to Apply For Nigerian Navy
If you are eventually shortlisted, you will need to full the forms you printed, with the necessary signatures appended. You will also need to bring the forms along with you, together with other documents already mentioned above when going for the aptitude test.
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N4,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!