This article discusses how to maintain your natural hair and still look elegant. People who are described as looking elegant are said to have pleasing and graceful appearance or style. You can also achieve this if you know how to maintain your natural hair and still look elegant.
The Benefits of Maintaining An Elegant, Natural Hair
Elegant hair reflects beauty that shows unusual effectiveness and simplicity. Elegance is often referred to a standard of tastefulness.
Maintaining an elegant hair enables people exhibit refined grace and dignified propriety. Essential components of an elegant hair style should reflect the simplicity , consistency of design, focusing on the essential features of the hair, dignified grace, and restrained beauty of style.
What is Natural Hair: Contentions and Interventions
It is important to provide an explanation of the nature of a natural hair so as to have a successful natural hair journey. The Natural hair can be referred to as the relaxer-free hair, which differs from the chemical-free hair.
While the issue of maintaining a natural hair style has caused several disagreements and differences among couples, employers, friends and colleague in the work place, it may be argued that more often than not, it is because natural hair is often labeled as nappy hair that needs to be corrected.
It is important therefore, to note that you can take a successful trip to maintaining a natural hair that reflects all the elegance you need to sweeten and smoother your relationship be it in the office, home or outdoor activities.
The nature of the natural hair still has the great potential of beauty in spite of the numerous artificial hair styles which seems to be overwhelmingly welcomed in recent times. For the African woman a great lot of attention is paid to the natural hair so also in Nigeria.
However, maintaining the natural hair seems not very popular and fashionable to many women despite the fact that the natural hair is much healthier. This article proffers ways to maintaining the natural hair and yet still appears elegant. Let us consider this with the following tips:
Healthy Steps to Maintaining a Natural, Elegant Hair
- Rinse the hair before going to the pool and avoid using hair cap if it causes damage to your hair. When you are done with swimming ensures you shampoo the hair because chlorine from water does not rinse out.
- Apply the use of products with natural ingredients to the hair such natural oils as coconut oil, almond etc and avoid mineral oils and petroleum oil as it can cause dryness to the hair.
- Avoid heat by using heat protection shampoo or moisturizer before ironing or curling and also reduce the number of times you use stylish products to 2 or three time a month
- You need to protect your hair at night as natural hair can be damaged during sleep. Hair bonnet or satin pillow is recommended for use during sleep. This means you must maintain great caution for your hair at night.
- The application of Castor oil to natural hair is highly recommended. This is because castor oil is extremely thick and it consistently sticks. It provides a cheap means of natural hair maintenance and solution to natural hair complaints.
- Wash the hair weekly or biweekly.
- Apply Glycerin to enable you maintains moisture during hot and dry periods. By squeezing the hair with water and glycerin, the softness of natural hairs can be maintained and also preserved from tangles.
- The use of Accessories on natural hairs make one looks younger. Such use as Headband and other cute accessories as ribbon or scarf can brighten ones looks.
- When maintaining an Afro-hair style endeavors to avoid hair breakage by combing the hair from the ends to the roots.
10. It is also advisable to consult with professional hair stylist to help give professional touch to maintain the good condition of your natural hair.
11. The use of weaves also helps maintain a natural hair. With curly weave you can improve the condition of the natural hair by using weave with similar curl pattern to your natural hair
12. The use of buns, braids, twist etc helps prevent the hair from breakage but exercise great caution to ensure you do not braid your hair too tightly as it could create tension on the scalp and leads to loss of the hair.
13. Be opened and relaxed in maintaining a natural hair. The fact is you need to embrace the pattern of your natural hair and curl it to suit your desire. It is essential to note that each person may have different types of curl pattern. Sometimes when people think of natural hair they always think of solange it may not always turn out to be so.
14. When the natural hair does not grow into a specific pattern it is possible to manipulate it with straws, flexi rods or plastic coils to help give the natural hair the desired pattern.
15. Be patient as maintaining a natural hair takes time. Give it the required attention and adopt that pattern that suits you the most. You will need concentration to work it out.
16. However when you experience bad hair, don’t be afraid it is normal and it may be necessary to pull off some hair pattern
17. Regularly Condition the hair, because the effect of conditioners are temporal. This should be done after shampooing and ensure you have deep penetrating conditioners. Conditioners provides deposit of protein or moisture into the hair strand to restore strength to the hair and protect it against breakage.
18. Eat nutritious foods such as low-fat proteins, dairy products, fruits, vegetables and whole grains because just as they are good for the body they are also good in the maintenance of a strong, healthier hair. This therefore means that the hair could suffer if the intake of nutritious diet is avoided.
19. Regular exercise will help reduce stress and enhance the general health of the body. This in effect promotes the general health and well-being of the natural hair. Other benefits of exercise including weight control, mitigating health conditions, and boosting your energy among other things.
Read Also: How to Produce Detergent and Sell in Nigeria
The tips provided so far for the maintenance of the natural hair is sufficient but not exhaustive of the measures to adopt in the maintenance of a successful natural hair style which will project your elegance.
Click here to see the latest Study Abroad Scholarships and Guides
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).