In this post, I will teach you how to produce disinfectants and germicides like Izal. Germicide is an important cleansing substances used globally to wipe out bacteria and germs that causes infection and illness to man and as well animals.
Germicides such as Izal is a very vital disinfectant product in our homes, restaurants, eateries, hospitals, schools, and hotels; use for cleaning of floor, toilet, bathroom, kitchen counter or slabs and tiles. Izal is very easy to make and is quite cheap; it doesn’t consume much time neither does it consume energy.
Thus, antibacterial and germicidal products are broadly used all over the world to promote good health by using them as fighting agents against germs and other harmful micro organisms that cause different forms of illness to mankind.
You can generate a sensible income from Izal production once you are determined to learn and know it rightly, especially in an area where there are no job opportunities you can stand out as an employer creating jobs for others to benefit from and as well can start your own medium enterprise and expand thereafter.
To legalize your business and make it official by getting it registered so as to have a brand image
In a very concise production process, you will be shown how to manufacture your own disinfectant for use in your home, office, schools etc or for sale.
How to Produce Disinfectants
Here are the outline of ingredients, functions, cost and images of the chemicals used in the production of disinfectant
|S/N||CHEMICAL||CHARACTERISTICS & FUNCTION||COST|
|1||Texapon||This is a thick pale substance that acts as boosting agent in the production process.||N150|
|2||Phenol||This is a white aromatic crystalline solid that is volatile (also sold in liquid form). It is also called carbolic acid. It kills germs. It is gently acidic so it should be properly handled with caution because it burns.||N150|
|3||Pine Oil||This is important oil that is produced from steam distillation of twigs, needles, and cones from different species of pine. It acts as a cleaning agent in the germicide.||N150|
|4||Izal Booster||Just as the name implies, it boosts the quantity of the germicide produced.||N300|
|5||Izal Concentrate||This is the active agent in the germicide. A very poisonous acidic compound and must be handled with care. It kills germs on contact||N150|
|6||Whitener||This is what gives the germicide the characteristic white colour.||N150|
|7||Carboxylic Acid||This is a natural occurring acid which is made up example of which are acetic acid (as vinegar), insect’s stings (formic acid), amino acids etc. It also forms part of the disinfecting agent in the disinfectant.||N100|
|8||Lyzol||This is a cleaning and germ killing agent and active in the disinfectant.||N300|
N/B: The prices could have changed and might differ depending on the market.
This chemical process can be hazardous therefore caution must be exercised when dealing with the chemicals. You will need the following materials in the production process
- Safety Goggles,
- Mixing Bowls,
- Measuring Cup/Cans
Quantity of chemicals needed to produce disinfectants like Izal
Your measurement should be relative to the quantity of Izal . Take for instance, the measurement above is just for 5 litres of Izal. Therefore the measurement can be reduced or increased depending on the quantity of Izal you want to produce
- One cup of texapol
- One cup of phenol
- One cup of lysol
- Half cup of pine oil
- One cup of izal concentrate
- One cup of white binder
- One cup of Carbolic acid
- One cup of Izal Booster
- Three Litres of Water
The chemicals for can be gotten from any chemical stores across the country. They are inexpensive
Here is the step by step process:
- Mix the texapon, phenol and pine oil together properly to form a solution without adding water
- Add 2 litres of water into the solution to repress the strength of the phenol.
- Add the other chemicals one after the other into the solution.
- Then dilute the carboxylic acid and add to the solution and gently mix for one minute to two minute. At this point your disinfectant is ready.
- Get them packaged in a clean and dried plastics containers with flip top or screw top (they are available in the market sold for N50 to N100 (100ml and above)).
If you want to push them to the market i.e. selling the disinfectant, ensure your packaging is neat and attractive. Get a good marketing strategy to be able to sell more quantity. To generate income and expand in this business, here are some useful tips for you
- Sell your products at affordable prices
- Advertise and promote your brands to target more customers
- Grant period incentive to keep the interest of your customers in your product and business
- Consider expanding and advancing in business as time goes on. Set up more branch with time
- Build a large Izal production outfit, becomes a big time investor and make more money
- Get your business registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Register with a name by incorporating with the right authorities in order to make your business exceptional, give it a corporate picture and grant it a worldwide acceptance by all merchants
- You can as well go into exporting your products to international markets
- Do well to recognise yourself with any relating authority operating within your area inorder to get fully certified and authorised to produce and distribute them
- Organize training and seminars for aspiring individuals who are interested in the business , charge for the lecture fees, prepare an sell your tutorial manuals , CDs and other vital materials
In summary, you can start your own brand of germicides right from the comfort of your home. With a little capital and availability of plastic containers, you can start up your own Izal formula germicide products and sell them off to make a lot of profits You do not necessarily need those complex machinery or learn sophisticated production methods before you can start producing your germicides
Read Also: How to Produce Detergent and Sell in Nigeria
Key yourself into the queue and prepare to share your success stories with us in no distant time from now.
Share this post with family and friends; you just might touch someone positively. Today we can eliminate poverty. That is the driving objectiveClick here to see the latest work from home jobs
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).