This is how to cook Nigeria fried rice. Fried rice is one very popular food in Nigeria, usually served at parties and can equally be prepared at home.
Some veggies used in the preparation of this delicacy are:
- Immune Booster: Carrots contain a number of antiseptic and antibacterial abilities that make it ideal for boosting the immune system. Not just that, carrots are a rich source of vitamin C
- Digestion:Carrots, like most vegetables, have significant amounts of dietary fiber in those orange roots, and fiber is one of the most important elements in maintaining good digestive health.
- Improves Eyesight:A rich source of Vitamin A. It improves eyesight and prevents conditions like night blindness
- Stroke: research has shown that eating carrot reduce the risks of eye blindness
- Oral Health:it contains an antioxidant that’s helps fight bacteria and foreign bodies that can often result in cavities, halitosis, and other oral health risks.
- Healthy digestion: This is rich in fiber which helps fight against constipation and other digestion-related problems.
- Improves Eye Health: a good source of vitamin A which plays an important role in boosting vision, especially night vision.
- It Boosts Brain Health: It is rich in iodine, which helps in properfunctioning of the brain and the nervous system. The iodine also helps maintain the health of the endocrine system. Cabbage is also a good source of vitamin K and anthocyanins that help support mental function and concentration.
- Boost Bone Health: Like other cruciferous vegetables, cabbage is rich in calcium which is good for the bones. It is also rich in magnesium and potassium, very essential minerals for the protection of bones.
- Good for the Skin: It contains a powerful antioxidant that plays an important role in detoxifying your liver. The liver is for filtering out toxins from the blood, which is beneficial for the skin as well, because it removes the toxins that cause dull and blemished skin. Leaving your skin feeling young and healthy
- Helps maintain healthy blood pressure: The potassium content in cabbage makes it perfect for the heart.
- Health Benefits of Beef Liver: These are some reasons why liver is beneficial to the health
- Rich Source of Protein: Liver is rich source of amino acid for body cell growth, repairs and regeneration.
- Source of Vitamin B 12: Beef liver provides the body with Vitamin B 12 that helps in management of nervous system disorders.
- Rich Source of Vitamin A (Retinol): Vitamin A which is vital for sight , also essential for building a strong immunity against diseases.
- Rich Source of Copper Mineral: Copper is an important mineral for the proper functioning of the body enzymes which helps fight cancer
- Health Benefit Caution: Beef liver has high amount of cholesterol and therefore too much consumption could lead to increased cholesterol level in your blood circulation. Increase in cholesterol intake leads to increased risk of heart disease and stroke.
And other vegetables such as green pepper, green pea and green beans are also used. Here is a detailed step by step recipe to land you to that perfect fried rice
Ingredients needed for Prepare Nigeria Fried Rice
- 3 cups of White Rice
- 2 cupsof Liquid Stock (Boiled meat water) i.e. Turkey stock, Beef Stock or Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. of Curry Powder (For Colour)
- 3Seasoning cubes
- Saltto taste
- 4 clovesof Garlic, minced
- 8 tbsp. of Vegetable oil
- 3 medium sized of Carrots
- 2large Green Capsicum (Green bell pepper)
- 1 cup of Green Peas
- 2 bulbsRed Onion
- A handfulof Green Beans
- 200gCow Liver
Directions to Prepare Prepare Nigeria Fried Rice
- The turkey/chicken/beef should be steamed with Salt, Onion, Maggi, Curry, Thyme, Chicken spice. Do not allow water to get dried when steam. Separate fr0m water and set for frying
- Deep fry the turkey/chicken/beef in groundnut/vegetable oil, then divide the water into two, use some meat water to cook the rice to 80% done and set aside the remaining water.
- Wash the liver and dice. Season with salt and steam for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside
Peel off the skin of the carrots, Wash and dice.
- Wash the green bell pepper, remove seeds and dice.
- Wash and dice the runner beans.
- Wash and steam the green peas with a little salt to taste.
- Wash and slice the Onions.
- Set the veggies aside.
- Parboil the rice in water for about 10mins. Ensure it doesn’t get too soft
- Wash and rinse with clean cold water.
- Place the washed rice in a pot and add the turkey Stock, add some water, Curry powder, Seasoning cubes, Salt to taste and minced garlic.
- Cover the pot and leave to cook till the liquid in the pot dries up leaving the softened (But not too soft) rice.
- This should be done in batches. Divide the veggies, rice and liver into 4 batches
- Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil (the one used for frying the turkey will do) in a large pan.
- In the first batch, add the veggies (carrot, green pepper, peas, runner beans, onions) and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Then add the liver and stir-fry for 2mins. Add the rice and stir to incorporate the mixture, leave for 1 minute before turning out into a pot.
- Repeat the process above till the whole batch is used up
- NB: You can also simply stir-fry all the veggies and liver in a pan, add it to the curried rice and mix to incorporate. Leave to heat further on low heat before turning off the burner.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria