Bridal shop business is one of the most-sought-after businesses in Nigeria. Every man desires to marry a beautiful wife. Each wife that is being married also desires to have a beautiful wedding; a wedding that will remain green in her memory.
One of the things that can make your wedding to become a momentum is having a good bridal on the event day. Selling bridal products will then be an amazing thing that you can do in life.
It is a profitable business that can sustain you forever in life.
Places to Site a Bridal Shop in Nigeria
Locating your bridal shop in Nigeria is not a problem at all. Everywhere is there for you as your marketplaces. However, it is advisable to rent or build your shop in the cities or developing/developed towns.
These are places dominated by people who value colorful life. They will value your products and buy them off at any amount you charge them.
For instance, places like Lagos and major cities in the South Eastern part of Nigeria will be most suitable locations for you to establish this business.
Read Also: 16 Steps To Plan A Successful White Wedding
Bridal Shop Business Structure
Bridal business is very lucrative in Nigeria. The fact that many people are not in the business is an opportunity for you to make millions from this business.
Apart from having your shop, selling your products, you can also diversify into the importation of this wedding materials.
Although some of these bridal materials can be produced locally, importing it will fetch you more money because people believe that imported bridal wears may be more durable than the ones made locally.
Profitability of Bridal Shop Business In Nigeria
The business is highly profitable. Some of the things you need to know are:
Bridal fashion has high demand because weekly people get married. This is a reason why you should venture into the business.
Not Time Consuming:
This a business that you can do alongside other businesses in Nigeria. People will call you when they are in need of your product.
Easy to Run:
There is no stress while doing bridal business in Nigeria. Your product will be brought to your shop when you order it.
Read Also: 146+ Things You Need for Wedding Ceremony
Necessary Materials Needed for your Business
1. Show Room: Your showroom should be sited in an open area where people can see your wares. Try and make it so impressive that the passerby will see you as the major dealer in the business. Give them the impression that anything they need can be found in your showroom.
2. Office Complex: Prepare for and get an office complex. This will make your customers have confidence in you that you are a serious person in the business.
3. Cash Register: You will need cash registers in your shop. This will help you to give proper account and documentation of your sales.
4. Computer System(s): You need to have at least one computer system in your shop in order to make your job easy. This can also be used to prepare receipts for your customers.
5. POS: You need a POS machine to enhance payment from your customers via ATM Cards. There are some customers that may like your product but may not have cash on them at the time they entered your business premises. Because of the need to make their wedding eventful, they may wish to buy your product(s) instantly. In order to cater to their needs, a POS machine should be on hand to serve the need of the moment.
6. Furniture: Furniture is also necessary for your business to operate smoothly. Prepare a place for your customers to sit. Some customers may come with their friends and they might need to sit. There is the need, therefore, to get at least a chair and a table for yourself too.
7. Hangers: You need to buy enough hangers where the bridal dresses and other wears will be hung.
8. Show Glasses: Get a ‘show-glass’ where jewelry, shoes can be stored and displayed. This comes in the form of a box with glasses around it.
All these things must be in the business plan while planning your business.
Read Also: Five Places to Cut Back on Wedding Costs
Getting A Bridal Shop Business Plan
You need to prepare a business plan for your bridal shop business. This will help you to set the whole business in motion even before you start. The business plan also focuses on the strategic areas/objectives of your business. Some of the other things that a business plan does to the business include:
- Setting Priorities Right
- Change Management
- It Helps To Develop Accountability
- Cash Management
- Setting Of Milestones
- Serves as a regular reminder to keep the business on track.
Ensure that your business plan is prepared before you start doing anything in the business. This is very essential.
Capital For The Business
Just like the business is profitable, the capital is much too because some of the bridal wears you will stock in your shop are expensive. As a matter of fact, you will be importing most of the goods.
As such, you need to plan and make available some money for several things such as rent fee for the shop, money for procurement of materials and office equipment as well as money for payment of the salary of your staff/workers.
Read Also: 9 things to Consider when Planning a Wedding
You need to register your business name with the government. This registration could be done at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). You can register at any of the CAC offices nearest to you.
You will need to employ at least one person in your shop. It is not compulsory that you employ a graduate. You can get a secondary school graduate in your shop, who is able to read and write and who can sell easily.
There is competition in the business because people often look for the quality and there is the need for you to have quality products in your shop at all time.
Strategies for Business Sustainability and Profitability
The easiest way to maintain this business is to treat your customers well. Make sure that your products are good, and not fake or low quality.
Please, unless you are very sure of what you are doing, DO NOT use a loan to start this business. Make sure that you prepare for the risk ahead of the business.
Advertising Your Bridal Shop Business in Nigeria
You can advertise your bridal business in Nigeria in different ways. Advertisement in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Plus, et cetera.
While doing this, you need a good picture of your bridal products. You can also create a short video that shows the premises, rooms and other facilities in your shop.
This should portray the customer-friendliness and the cost-effectiveness of your business.
Read Also: 11 Steps to Plan for Wedding in Nigeria
Bridal business is very competitive in Nigeria. You must convince your customers with everything possible and necessary to buy from you.
Your shop must be appealing, and your bridal product should be world class. Ensure that your staff are friendly; the female ones should be beautiful. Not a necessary requirement, though.Click here to see the latest work from home jobs
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).