The automobile industry in Nigeria offers a huge market for sale of used cars to choose from. The sale of ‘tokunbo’ cars, as they are prominently called, has existed in Nigeria for a long time now. However there is a great disparity between the Nigerian used car and the foreign used car.
They difference lies on the fact that foreign used cars are imported cars while the Nigerian used cars are not imported ones.
Therefore the fact that one is being imported clears the doubt why buyers may prefer one over another. The article enumerates some of the reasons why people choose foreign used cars over the Nigerian counterparts.
Advantages of Foreign Used Cars
1. The conditions of foreign used car exceeds that of Nigerian used cars because foreign used cars are usually more neatly used than Nigerian used cars.
This is as a result of the bad roads exiting in Nigeria on which Nigerian cars are being used.SO whether foreign used cars were purchased as brand new or not, the case is that they have better usage life than what obtains in Nigeria.
As a result of this it is cheaper to fix or “pimp” up a foreign used car than a Nigerian one after purchase. Also there are wider choices to make from a range of different types of foreign used car than in Nigerian used car.
2the Availability Of Car Fax Information
Car fax information provides information on the history of the car which enables the prospective buyer to determine if the car was salvaged or reconstructed.
The availability of Car fax information on foreign used cars makes it more preferable than the Nigerian used cars especially in a society like Nigeria where the issue of trust is controversial.
with foreign used cars, there is an 80% chance that the car one is buying is in its first body. So the deceitful neat body and interior will not be the case.
Foreign used cars are cheaper when you compare the same quality with Nigerian used car. It is usually cheaper when you are buying directly by yourself from abroad
Disadvantages of Foreign used cars
1. The process and procedures of getting a foreign used car usable for the Nigerian roads and to comply with the Nigerian laws may be a little more tedious than buying a Nigerian used car. Such as changing to left-hand drive, getting the necessary licenses and registrations done and port clearance.
2. It is more expensive to buy a foreign used car from someone when it is being resold in Nigeria.
Advantages of Nigerian Used Cars.
1. The cost of procuring Nigerian used car is cheaper when compare on the long run
2. The cost of registration of the vehicle is saved. For example if you wish to change the existing number you have to pay a token but if you wish to retain it then you save cost
Disadvantages of Nigerian Used Cars
1. Buying a Nigerian used cars means there is a high probability that you are not the first user of the car neither the second nor the third. So it apparently means that you are buying a car with great risk and short life span.
2. Considering the risk factor and the poor state of roads in Nigeria, it therefore means that you are very likely going to pay more to fix a Nigerian used car after purchase.
3. Many Nigerian used cars with neat body and interior is deceptive.so buying them at face value portends great danger as there is a 60% possibility of the car being refurbished, that is not coming with its first body or interior and generally would require more serious repairs than is depicted by a neat appearance
4. Nigerian used cars don’t have databases for vehicle history (car fax). Hence there is little or no possible means of verifying the actual state of the car except by relying on what the selling owner is telling you at the point of purchase. Which is why it is important to always go with a trusted mechanic?
5. There is limited choice to make in selecting a Nigerian used car for sale.
So then with hundreds of used cars being released every year, how will you manage to find the one for you? Many Car buyers have sort for possible answers to this questions for ages.
Therefore the choice of a car is a tough decision to make hence the need to conduct a proper appraisal of the type of car one desires and is able to afford.
This article provides some necessary steps to follow:
1 Identify your needs
This means identifying the type of car and the desired features. There is no two similar car buyers. Seek to proffer possible answers to the following questions
a. What number of passengers will your car usually have to carry?
b. Do you desire to drive long distances and as well save money on fuel?
c. What are your suitable weather conditions?
d. Do you drive through muddy roads and difficult terrains?
e. would you need to carry heavy loads, or not
f. Is your garage large or small to accommodate your car? Is your garage or parking space near your home?
g. Do you desire safety features in the car?
h. Do you desire lots of cutting-edge technology for the car?
The ability to provide answers to the above questions means you need to conduct proper search and locate the car of your choice.
2 State a budget for the car
Stating a budget is quite important as it provides the guide to locating the car that falls within the stipulated budget and save you the time of unnecessary search.
3 Find your new car.
Choosing a good location and seller is also important to acquiring the best used cars. This depends on proper search and identification of a suitable seller which offers quality and affordable prices.
compare different brands and Variety of product to select the best that match your expectations and value for money.
5 Find Legitimate sellers: Find credible car dealers where you can experience safe shopping and reach a deal with a genuine person.
6 Low prices:
Seek to locate sellers which offer best affordable prices
It is believed that adhering to this processes shall give you the perfect guide to choosing the best used cars in Nigeria.IMPORTANT!: Follow us on Instagram @InfoGuideNigeria
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria