WAEC Syllabus for Furniture Making. WAEC Syllabus for Furniture Making is available for all candidates who want to participate in the examination. The West African examination council (WAEC) has officially introduced a syllabus that will guide all the WAEC candidates who wish to write the WAEC examination this year. For a very successful WAEC Furniture Making examination for this year, you need to check out the available areas of concentration. It has been divided into sections with chapters, followed by the topics to be covered in preparation for the exams. In the WAEC Syllabus for Furniture Making, you will also see the format of how the WAEC Furniture Making questions will be presented. Jamb form
There are always 3 sections to answer questions from. Paper 1 is Objective questions, paper2is essay questions and paper 3 contains practical test. Where paper one (1) carries 45 minutes for 40 marks; paper two (2) carries 2 hours for 60 marks while paper three (3) carries 3 hours for 100 marks. WAEC Syllabus for Furniture Making
This WAEC syllabus is for both the O’level WAEC and General Certificate Examination (GCE) candidates. Final year students in the senior secondary school level and external candidates are eligible to make use of this syllabus and prepare ahead of the examination.
See the full detailed information concerning the WAEC Furniture Making Syllabus below.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 shall be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1: will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which are to be answered in 45 minutes for 40 marks.
Paper 2: will consist of two sections, Sections A and B to be answered in 2 hours for 60 marks.
Section A will consist of ten compulsory short-structured questions to be answered in 30 minutes for 20 marks.
Section B will consist of three questions on design and drawing: out of which one will be compulsory. Each question shall require sketches and candidates will be required to answer the compulsory question for 30 marks and any other one for 10 marks in 1½ hours.
Paper 3: will be a practical test of 3 hour duration. It will consist of one practical question for 100 marks. Pounds to Naira
A list of materials for the test shall be made available to schools not less
than two weeks before the paper is taken for material procurement and relevant preparations.
Alternative to Practical Test
Alternatively, in the event that materials for the actual practical test cannot be acquired, the Council may consider testing theoretically, candidates’ level of acquisition of the practical skills prescribed in the syllabus. For this alternative test, there will be two sets of compulsory questions both of which must be answered in 2 hours for 100 marks. Jamb Result
|1||Furniture Workshop.||– Workshop safety rules and regulations
– Hand tools safety
– Workshop bench and appliances
– Machine tools safety
– Portable power tools safety
– Sources of workshop accident.
Furniture Making Materials.
|– Timber growth, structure, classification, parts and cross section.
– Conversion of timber, methods, advantages and disadvantages.
– Seasoning of timber, methods, advantages and disadvantages.
– Defects in timbers, causes, classification, illustrations with sketches.
– Preservation of timber, preservatives – characteristics, types and applications.
– Manufactured boards, types, method of production, uses, advantages, disadvantages and sketches.
– Wood adhesive definition applications, preparation, types, uses and characteristics.
– Nails and uses – sketches, methods of driving in nails. Dollar to Naira Rate
– Screw types and uses, illustration with sketches and methods of driving in screws.
– Cabinet fittings, types, uses, sketches and procedures of fittings.
Woodworking tools and equipment.
|– Hand tools – types, classification, uses and sketches.
– Machines – types, uses and operation.
– Portable power tools – types and operations.
– Other tools and equipment used in furniture making.
– Maintenance of furniture tools and equipment.
Furniture Design and Construction.
|– Timber preparation – cutting to sizes, marking and planing timber to final sizes.
– Common wood work joints – types, classification and uses.
– Construction – types of construction-frame box construction.
– Free hand sketching of common household furniture items.
– Design fundamentals, elements and principles of design.
– Stages – preliminary sketches and working drawing.
– Planning – working rod, selection of materials, cutting list.
– Construction of different items of furniture, procedures – preparation of materials, setting out of joints, cutting of joints, assembling and finishing.
|– Meaning and forms.
– Tools and machines.
– Traditional and modern padding materials.
– Design and construction of upholstery frames.
– Padding and stuffing.
– Fixing sewn materials.
Entrepreneurship in furniture marking.
|– Business opportunities in furniture making.
– Starting a furniture business, factors to be considered.
– Managing of furniture workshop, estimate and costing of furniture item. Npower Recruitment
LIST OF FACILITIES AND MAJOR EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS REQUIRED:
|ITEM NO||EQUIPMENT||QUANTITY REQUIRED|
|7.||Four Fold (wooden Rule)||10|
|8.||Tape Rule (Metric)||20|
|11.||Trying Plane (jointing Plane)||5|
|16.||Bull Nose Plane||2|
|24.||Nest of Saws||2|
|28.||Firmer Chisel||10 sets|
|29.||Bevelled Edge Firmer Chisel||10 sets|
|30.||Mortise Chisel (set)||10 sets|
|31.||Turning Chisel||2 sets|
|32.||Centre bit||5 sets|
|33.||Auger Bit||5 sets|
|34.||Twist Bit||5 sets|
|40.||Drill Bit||10 sets|
|41.||Screw Driver (set of 6)||5 sets|
|45.||Cross Pein Hammer||10|
|46.||Ball Pein Hammer||10|
|53.||Mitre Shooting Board||5|
|54.||Flat Files (assorted)||10|
|64.||Needle (set) Curved and Straight||10|
|70.||Tape (tailors type)||10|
|73.||Spanner (set)||2 sets|
|75.||Botton Making Machine||2|
|77.||Bench Vice Waec Result||20|
|78.||Paint brush (sets)||5|
SUGGESTED READING LIST
|1||WOODWORK FOR G.C.E &C.S.E
|J.N GREEN||Mills and Boon Ltd|
|2||WOODWORK IN THEORY & PRACTICE||JOHN .A.WALTON|
|3||MODERN WOODWORKING||WILLIS .H.WAGNER||The Goodheart
|4||WOOD OCCUPATIONS||PETER BRETT||Nelson Thorns|
|5||THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF WOODWORK
|6||CONSTRUCTING MODERN FURNITURE||VICTOR .J.TAYLOR||Sterlin g publishing Co.Inc New York|
|7||PRACTICAL UPHOLSTERY||C.HOWES F.A.M.U||Evans brothers Ltd
|8||WOODWORK DESIGN AND PRACTICE||DAVID .M.SHAW||Hodder and Stoughton London Sydney,Auckland Toronto|
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N4,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!