Goat meat as it is called is gotten from goat and used to prepare a special stew called the goat meat stew. Goat meat stew is served in almost the eating houses in Nigeria , like the restaurants, hotels, fast food joints, buka, careen, etc. Goat meat stew is mainly served with hot rice and it is very delicious. This article will help you to know how to prepare your own goat meat stew right from your very kitchen.
INGREDIENTS ; The ingredients used to prepare goat meat stew is as follows,
1. CLOVE GARLIC> Garlic is used in the preparation of goat meat stew, It is highly nutritious and gives the food that palatable and classic taste. Garlic is applied at different stages in the cooking of goat meat stew.Whe applying garlic to your dish you first peel off the outer layer by using a clean knife to gently peel it off. After you must have peeled it off, you wash the peeled garlic thoroughly, then you either chop it or you blend it to your taste. Garlic has a very pungent or strong taste , so when applying it to your dish should be moderate enough not to over add it so that it will not over shadow the taste of other ingredients used in cooking the food as well.
2. THYME> Thyme is used as seasoning ingredient in preparing goat meat stew. It gives your goat meat stew that classic taste and aroma, though care should be taken not to over – apply it, otherwise it will suppress the taste of other ingredients used in cooking the goat meat stew, so when applying it should be done with caution because too much of a particular thing spoils the food no matter how sweet it is. In order words, thyme should be applied moderately in cooking goat meat stew.
3. CHILLIE PEPPER> . Chilli pepper is another ingredient required in the preparation of goat meat stew. It used to prepare goat meat stew because amongst all other species of pepper, chili pepper happens to be the best suited for this kind of dish. However, care should be taken when using it, as it sometimes contains some level of sand in it, and so when using it make sure you clean thoroughly.
4. CURRY> Curry is yet another seasoning ingredient used in the cooking of goat meat stew. It is used alongside with thyme. Curry gives goat meat stew that appetizing and delicious aroma. Curry comes in different forms, like the fresh curry leaf and the ground processed curry powder. Though the ground curry powder is easier to preserve, as it can stay in its powdery form for years, until it expires. The fresh is fresher in taste and more nutricious than the powdery ones , as they are gotten direct from nature itself. But the problem with the fresh ones is their preservation.It is then advised that for you to enjoy the fresh curry to the fullest, you must use it or apply it immediately in your dish at once or if you have a refrigerator with constant power supply, you put it in your refrigerator for for the next cooking, as the case may be.
5. ONIONS> Just like you find in other dishes, onions is vital in cooking goat meat stew, it makes the stew or it gives the stew that sassy taste. Onions can be put more than one times in the course of cooking the stew. It can be put intermittently as the cooking goes on. Without it goat meat stew may not be that enjoyable to the mouth because it will not be that tasty as you expect it to be, despite the presence of these other ingredients. Onions comes in different types, we have the white onions and the red onions. Each of them has its unique flavor it adds to any dish you may apply them to. The white onions is mainly used in preparing such dishes such as fried rice, jollof rice, different types of stews including goat meat stew, etc, while the red ones are used mainly in preparing different types of soups. Every onions is first peeled to remove the outer cover, then after removing the outer cover , you then wash it thoroughly and chop it or slice it, or you may prefer to blend it as the case may be. Onions is an important ingredient in every dish that should not be overlooked. .
6. GROUNDNUT OIL> This is another essential ingredient in cooking goat meat stew, it is used in frying some of the ingredients, and as well producing that oily delicious effect in every goat meat stew. Though there are so many groundnut oils that can be used to cook goat meat stew, such as, soya oil, (gotten from soya beans), we also have vegetable oil, like the popular Kings vegetable oil, Turkey vegetable oil, and so many of them you can find in the market. Though i would like to advise you to go for the less fatty ones, that is the ones low in cholesterol, especially for the sake of hypertensive consumers or guest that will like to enjoy the food without being exposed to the risk of increasing their blood pressure.
7. TOMATOES> Tomatoes is another delightful ingredient in the preparation of goat meat stew,it serves as the main colorant in the goat meat stew. The presence of tomatoes is what makes it a goat meat stew. Tomatoes can be applied as fresh tomatoes puree or as processed tin tomatoes puree, whichever one you choose, tomatoes generally gives every stew that sweet delicious taste and looks. It is very nutritious as well because it contains a high level of vitamin A. Tomatoes can be taken raw or cooked or fried. It can be chopped or made to be in puree form. Below are the list of the entire ingredients and their quantity required to prepare goat meat stew.
Read Also: Steps to Prepare Oha Soup