FIRS Recruitment 2021 Guide – See all the information you need about Federal Inland Revenue Service recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official FIRS recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
Have you been waiting for the Federal Inland Revenue Service recruitment to commence so you can apply? Or find it difficult to access the recruitment portal of the FIRS or stuck about the entire recruitment and application process of the agency?
We have got you covered in this post. This article treats every information you require to access the FIRS recruitment and application portal and complete the application form successfully.
In fact we are going to take you even beyond the application stage as you will learn more about the organization, career overview, staff ranking, salary structure, recruitment requirements and tips on how to successfully land yourself a good job with the FIRS.
About the FIRS
The Federal Inland Revenue Service is a tax agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria created in the 1943 by the British Colonial Administration. The service according to Wikipedia gained autonomy in the year 2007 with the passing of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Act. Before its autonomy, the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) had undergone several reforms. In 2011 a Taxpayer Service Department (TPSD) was created to enhance the agency’s focus on Taxpayers. A subsequent department was created in 2012 to extend the focus of FIRS toward ensuring effective high-level advocacy for Taxpayers.
The Statutory responsibities of the Federal Inland Revenue Service include:
- Assessment, collection and accounting of taxes for the federal government;
- Timely provision and publication of accurate data and annual reports for the federal government of Nigeria and other stakeholders to inform national economic planning, academic research, tax policy and development legislation;
- Timely provision of tax advisory services , rulings, guidance notes and clarification on request and to the public in general;
- Regular investigation, enforcement and prosecution of tax defaulters as provided by the law;
- Issuance of Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) at no cost to the Taxpayer;
- Prompt processing of payment claims and tax refund request received within stated time frame;
- Regular and accurate reconciliation of taxes received into the Federation consolidated and Value Added Tax (VAT) as the case may be;
- Undertaking appropriate actions to reduce the arrears position of the service and minimize debt profiles;
- Provision of tax education and information to Taxpayers through diverse channels and languages;
- Provision of tax holiday to companies that deserve them.
The corporate headquarters of the Federal Inland Revenue Service is located at Kur Muhammed Avenue, Central Business District, Abuja. The current executive Chairman of the Federal Agency is Muhammad Mamman Nami who replaced Babatunde Fowler in November, 2019.
To accomplish the above mandate, the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) structured its organization into various departments and units otherwise known as corporate structure/Board as provided by the FIRS Act namely:
- Office of Executive Chairman;
- Nine members with relevant qualifications and expertise appointed by the President to represent each of the 9 Geo-political zones;
- A representative of the Attorney General of the Federation;
- The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or his Representative;
- A representative of the Minister of Finance;
- The Chairman of Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission;
- The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation;
- The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Custom Service or his representative not below the rank of deputy Comptroller-General;
- The Registrar General of the Corporate Affairs Commission or his Representative;
- The Chief Executive Officer of the National Planning Commission.
See Also: EFCC Recruitment
Career Overview of the FIRS
A career with the Federal Inland Revenue Service is very promising. As a Federal agency, the FIRS have many ideal pay packages and other incentives and allowances for its employees. Another interesting part of the FIRS job is the Job security and reliable retirement and pension packages the workers enjoy. The agency conducts recruitments annually to employ new hands into its services. The successful applicants who secure the FIRS jobs at the end of the recruitment exercise are deployed into the various administrative departments of the FIRS.
The departments in FIRS are as follows: office of the Executive Chairman, Administrative Department, Finance and Accounts Department, Human Capital Development Department, Facility Management Department, Information & Communications Technology (I.C.T.) Department, Procurement Department, Inspection Department among others.
FIRS Salary Structure
The salary range the Federal Inland Revenue Workers earn are analysed below:
- Human Resources Generalist N479, 000 – N517, 000
- Inspector of Taxes N382, 000 – N412, 600
- Tax Administrator N342, 000 – N360, 000
- Assistant Manager N310, 000 – N331, 000
- Tax Officer N289,000 – N310,000
- Development Advisor N279, 000 – N298, 000
- Accountant N198, 000 – N211,000
- VAT Officer (NYSC Corp) N34, 000 – N46, 000
Data source: (nigeriaguide.com.ng).
A further breakdown is that the Tax Officers at Grade Level 08 earn N103, 000, while entry level at Grade Level 07 earn N89, 434. (currentschoolnews.com).
See Also: NAFDAC Recruitment
FIRS Recruitment Process
Requirements for FIRS Recruitment
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking and Finance, Engineering, Geology, Computer Science or other relative discipline in the Quantitative field;
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economic, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant Discipline in the quantitative field;
- Computer Literacy and conversancy with Microsoft Office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Strong team spirit and the ability to delegate;
- Strong interpersonal and Communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate;
- Ability to work as a regulator with courage to ensure full compliance with law.
How to Apply for FIRS Recruitment
The following steps will lead you to successful application for the FIRS recruitment online:
- Visit the recruitment portal at ww.firs.gov.ng/careers;
- Select the position you are applying for;
- Read the requirements to know if you are eligible to apply;
- Proceed to apply the position you qualify for;
- Upload original of your qualifications and credentials.
You can also apply offline for the FIRS Recruitment through the following steps:
Address your application letter and send to;
Federal Inland Revenue Service
Revenue House (Annex III)
Sokode Crescent, off Michael Okpara Street
Wuse, zone 5
N/B: you will be required to present the following documents at the screening: Birth Certificate, Declaration of Age, Academic Qualifications, Means of identification etc.
Current Status of FIRS Recruitment
The Federal Inland Revenue Service is not currently recruiting. That notwithstanding, we are dedicated to updating this page as soon as the FIRS recruitment portal opens for application.
Tips to Succeed in Getting the FIRS Job
- Ensure that you meet the requirements;
- Provide authentic information in the application form;
- Make sure the documents you uploaded on the online application portal are consistent with what you present during the oral screening exercise;
- Prepare for the test and interview.
Although the Federal Inland Revenue Service has not yet commence its recruitment exercise for 2021, we have taken time to present everything you need to know about the agency, its career overview, staff ranking, salary structure, recruitment process, how to apply and success tips that can help you get the job.
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 email@example.com.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.