NAFDAC Recruitment 2021 Guide – See all the information you need about National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official NAFDAC recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC established under the Decree No. 15 of 1993 as amended by Decree No. 19 of 1999 and currently the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control Act CAP N1 laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004. NAFDAC headquarters is at Federal Capital Territory, Plot 2032, Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Zone 7, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria. The head of the agency is the Director General who is currently Professor Mojisola Christianah Adeyeye, assisted by deputy Directors and heads of departments to oversee the overall affairs of the NAFDAC under the following directorates:
- Directorate of Registration and Regulatory Affairs
- Directorate of Food Service and applied Nutrition
- Directorate of Drug Evaluation and Research
- Directorate of Chemical Evaluation and Research
- Directorate of Narcotics and Controlled Substances
- Directorate of Veterinary Medicines and Allied Products
- Directorate of Ports Inspectorate
- Pharmacovigilance and post Marketing Surveillance
- Directorate of Laboratory Services
- Directorate of Planning Research and Statistics
- Directorate of Investigation and Enforcement
- Directorate of Administration and Human Resources Management
- Directorate of Finance and Accounts.
See Also: Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
According to the NAFDAC website, the vision of NAFDAC is safeguarding public health. The agency has the mission of achieving its vision above by ensuring that only the right quality drugs, food and other regulated products are manufactured, imported, distributed, advertised, sold and used in Nigeria. NAFDAC’s strategy does not end with the vision and mission statement but also include the following Core Values:
- Availability of efficacious and quality NAFDAC registered products
- Maintaining Reference Laboratories of international Standards
- To promote an effective and efficient well motivated and disciplined workforce
Career Overview in NAFDAC
Working with NAFDAC would be both fulfilling and challenging. Fulfilling because of the level of respect NAFDAC Officials command among the Pharmaceuticals and food and Beverages industry players. In most cases, once NAFDAC coughs, stakeholders catch cold because of the notoriety and severity of the operation of NAFDAC Taskforce brought by bold steps of former Director General, Prof. Dora Akunyili of Blessed memory.
Qualified individuals, graduates and experienced professionals are regularly recruited into the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control to man and manage various positions in the numerous directorates and departments of the agency. Most of the officers are posted to NAFDAC offices across the country.
See Also: NNPC Recruitment
Ranks/Positions of Authority in NAFDAC
- The chairman who serve as head of the governing council of NAFDAC appointed by the President based on the recommendation of the Minister of Health
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health
- Director General, NAFDAC
- Standard Organisattion of Nigeria
- National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD)
- Chairman, Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN)
- Chairman, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- A Representative each of the Pharmaceutical Group and the Food and Beverages Group of the Manufacturer’s Association of Nigeria
NAFDAC Salary Structure
The salary earned by officials of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control is dependent upon their position, qualification, level of experience based on years of service put in by the officer in the service. Thus, my research shows the following salary breakdown for NAFDAC staff
- The average salary earning by a graduate employee at Grade Level 08 is N103, 987 gross salary per month.
- A Grade Level 07 staff in NAFDAC earns N89,434 gross salary per month.
Information of the salary earning for other ranks of staff in NAFDAC is unavailable, but based on my studies of other Federal Government agencies and parastals, the salary scale for NAFDAC officials is not different from what is obtainable by their counterparts in similar agencies.
See Also: NDLEA Recruitment
NAFDAC Recruitment Process
NAFDAC recruitment process takes place strictly online. Simply logon to the NAFDAC recruitment portal via nafdac.gov.ng and register with valid email address and phone number then proceed to the main application process by following the guidelines below.
NAFDAC Recruitment Requirements
Candidates applying for positions in NAFDAC must meet the following requirements to qualify:
- Nigerian citizen by birth
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.), Higher National Diploma (HND), National Certificate of Education (NCE), Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in any discipline from a recognized institution
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) National Examinations Council (NECO), General Certificate of Education (GCE) with five (5) credit passes including English and Mathematics in 2 sittings
- Prove of Physical and mental fitness from a Medical Personnel in a recognized government hospital
- Certificate of origin signed by the Local government Chairman or Secretary
See Also: Nigerian Army Recruitment
How to Apply for NAFDAC Recruitment
Below is a detailed guide on how to apply for NAFDAC job:
- Login to the NAFDAC application portal via nafdac.gov.ng
- Click on the “Recruitment” icon
- Click “Apply” on the position you want to apply for
- Fill the application form. Make sure you provide every detailed as required on the form
- Submit and print a copy
Tips for Successful Application
- Stick to instruction
- Provide authentic information
- Do not be anxious or worry about the possible outcome. Be calm and positive.
- Prepare for aptitude test or interview
- Apply within stipulated time while the portal opens
- Arrive the interview venue at least 30 minutes before stipulated time
- Comport yourself at every stage of the process.
NAFDAC Recruitment Status
N/B: NAFDAC is not currently recruiting, but will soon open its recruitment and application portal for 2021. We therefore promise to update this page as soon as that happens.
See Also: Dangote Recruitment
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and control, NAFDAC’s recruitment, which will soon be on has been comprehensively treated in the above post in the most detailed manner you can ever imagine.
I have taken time to provide every piece of information you may require about what it feels like to work with NAFDAC, the agency’s recruitment status for 2021, recruitment requirements, application guide; ranks of employees, salary structure and success tips for getting the job.
Although the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control application form portal is currently not accessible owing to the fact that the commission is yet to begin its 2021 recruitment exercise, we promise to update this page as soon as the portal opens for registration and application. So, stay connected to get the information early because it is the earlier you apply, the better your chances to get the job.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, family positively and permanently.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 email@example.com.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in NIgeria.
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.