Here in this post, we are going to bring to you steps to get an online b.sc. degree in Nigeria. We hope you find this article informative.
Many people do look for options when it comes to education. Due to our very busy schedules we may not have the chance to get a first degree, so we look for various options on how to get a bachelor’s degree online, either part time or fulltime.
The beauty of running an online degree program is that it gives you flexible options, like when to learn, at what pace, and where to learn. You are the decider of these major factors.
Read Also: How to start online advertising in Nigeria
Everybody in Nigeria is busy pursuing a career or business and all these endeavours do not give us the time we may need to go to a school campus or visit your lecturer or attend classes, but getting an online degree helps you to have a degree just as those who passed through the four walls of a university.
Also I would like to point out that you cannot get any online university that is based in Nigeria with proper accreditation; the only place you could get online learning is through the National Open University or through free learning sites.
But we all know that anything that comes free has its own disadvantages. Although through research, the University Of Uyo has started an online learning program for those who want to study Economics but we are not yet sure if it has been accredited by the relevant bodies.
That is why it is important to note that you can get a well accredited online degree program through online universities not based in Nigeria. There are lots of schools which offer online degree courses to individuals who wish to obtain a degree just from the comfort of your home.
Read Also: Top 15 Online Stores In Nigeria
Reasons to Opt For an Online Degree
There are various reasons why you should consider an online degree program for a revered university outside the country, which are:
- Most of the online courses which you may think you cannot get can actually be gotten from the comfort of your home.
- Due to a flexible study plan, you can study without any distractions and at your own leisure time and pace which allows you to learn at your own place.
- You are the decision maker of when you want to attend classes, either in the morning or in the evening.
- Registration procedures are quite easy and understandable unlike that of our universities that takes almost 3weeks or a month to complete.
- You will have a chance to meet world class tutors and professors that will be ready to impart knowledge to you.
- It saves time and money whereby you will not have to travel outside the country to get your degree. Saving the cost of travelling expenses and accommodation expenses.
It is also important to note that there are some materials or equipment which you may need to facilitate your learning processes. This are;
- A Laptop or a PC
- Stable internet connection
- A notebook to take notes.
As this is an online learning process, you need good access to internet connection, cause without it, you cannot get access to the learning environment online.
Read Also: 15 Tips for Safe Online Shopping in Nigeria
List of Degrees You Can Get Online:
Now, there are specific courses which can be gotten online. You cannot get an engineering or medicine or law degree online, so I will give you a list of degrees which you can obtain online;
- Diploma in Project Management
- Arabic Language
- Digital Literacy & skills
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Human Resources Services
- Personal Development Diploma
- Diploma in Health and safety compliance
- Computer Science
- Business Administration
These are some few degrees which you can obtain easily online. The best part of these is that you can use these degrees to apply for jobs across the shores of this country and you will be considered for employment.
Most of these degrees or diplomas are meant to help you in career and business life, also to help build your personality and attitude to work in any environment.
Good Online Schools to Apply To:
Let us take a look at some good schools which provide the opportunity to gain a BSc degree online:
- Iowa central college
- Abraham Lincoln University
- Doane University
- University of Notre-Dame
- Colorado Technical University
- Ashford University
- Bryan University Online
- American Intercontinental University
- Kaplan University
- National American University
- University of Northwestern Ohio
- Walden University
- University of Roehampton.
These are a few universities that you can check online for their programs and get information about what degrees they offer then you can apply.
Details You Have To Check Before Deciding On a University to Apply To:
First thing to know about any school you are applying to is to find out if it is accredited because if you register for a degree program with a school that is not accredited, it is just a waste of your money.
- Call the school to verify some information on their sites which may be confusing to you. Every of these universities have a contact number or mail address. Anyone without such, do not consider it.
- Check what are the qualifications to gain admission into these online schools, check for their minimum requirements and ensure you have those requirements before applying.
What language do they use in lectures? Is it English, German, French or Spanish? This is things to check for, cause you may apply to a school that uses Spanish to teach and you do not understand Spanish, so it becomes a problem for you to understand.
- Online Support:
This is a factor that makes the online registration very easy and stress-free. If a school provides online support for its applicants, then they are sure to be supportive in your degree pursuit
- Financial Needs Involved:
This is a key point to note. Yes, of course, you will need finances to make your learning experience a better one and also to process your admission, you will need money, so you have to get the details of all the finances which will be involved.
Steps to Apply:
- Decide on your course of Study
- Choose a university that suits your academic and time needs
- Visit their web portal and fill the available form for registration
- Submit your form with the required documents, there will be some documents required of you by the school, so be ready to upload them too along with your application or registration form.
- Some schools will send you a code for verification
- Then wait for your application to be accepted, then the school will contact you if you are accepted.
- When you are contacted, you will be asked to make payments, make your payments and then all the materials which will help you in your learning process will be sent to you.
If you are able to follow each guideline outlined in this article, you will be able to process your BSc degree registration and within a period of 4years, you will be a Bachelor degree holder, just like those that attended normal universities.
Buy and Sell Bitcoin in Nigeria - Register for free on Luno
Click here to see the latest Study Abroad Scholarships and Guides
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.