Here in this article, we are going to show you how to convert MTN airtime to cash In Nigeria. We hope you find this article informative and useful.
Alright, MTN subscribers, gather around, this one is for you. Now, the majority of us have been in a situation where we’re in need of extra cash to meet some urgent need, yet someone sends us airtime instead, but airtime isn’t what we need, money is, and now we can’t get someone to buy the airtime, so we begin to wonder “can I convert this airtime to money?”.
Then there’s also the time when you have an abundance of airtime on your line, and you really don’t know what to do with it, so you begin to wish that maybe there was a way to convert all this airtime to some money.
Some of us are even there now, or why else would you be reading this article? Well, let’s start by telling you that there is a way to convert airtime to cash in your bank account, a number of ways actually. And it isn’t really all that stressful.
All you’ll be needing is a bank account, data connection, and MTN share and sell. Here in this article, were going to show you how to convert MTN airtime to cash in Nigeria.
Read Also: How To Get More Airtime To Talk More On MTN
MTN share and sell
MTN share and sell is an airtime transfer service from MTN that allows you transfer airtime from one MTN mobile number to another.
With MTN share and sell, you can transfer airtime from as low as N50 up to about N5000. You can also transfer airtime of about N10,000 in a single day.
Now, you’re probably wondering how MTN share and sell comes into play in converting MTN airtime to cash. Well, most of the airtime to cash services in Nigeria require MTN share and sell to help you convert the airtime into cash.
Now, for those of us who do not know how to use MTN share and sell, we’ll put you through briefly before moving on.
How to use MTN share and sell.
MTN share and sell is a service that is available on every MTN sim card. However, before you’ll be able to use the service, you’ll be required to change the default pin, which is 0000, that comes with the sim.
To do this, simply send a text message with the format DEFAULT PIN, NEW PIN, NEW PIN to 777. For example, if your preferred new pin is 1234, then the send an SMS with the text 0000 1234 1234 to 777.
You’ll get a confirmation message that your pin has been changed successfully. It’s that simple. Having successfully changed your pin, you can now start transferring airtime credit from your mobile line.
Transferring airtime credit is also not that difficult. To do this, simply send a text message with the format TRANSFER, RECIPIENT’S NUMBER, AMOUNT, PIN to 777.
For example, say you want to transfer airtime of 1500, you simply send a text message with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777. Once you’ve done this, you’ll get a text asking for confirmation of the transaction.
To confirm the transfer, simply send YES to 777. Once the transfer has been completed, MTN will notify you with a text to this effect. Now that we’ve seen how MTN share and sell works, let’s see how you can convert MTN airtime to cash.
Convert MTN airtime to cash using Cheetahpay.
Based in Lagos, Cheetahpay is one of the airtime to cash online platforms in Nigeria that help convert airtime to cash and deposit it in your bank account.
What stands Cheetahpay out is that you do not necessarily need to create an account with them to carry out your transaction, as they have a Quick cash option that allows you convert airtime to cash quickly without any sign-up requirements.
All you have to do is, log on to their website at www.cheetahpay.com.ng, and scroll down to the quick cash option. Once you click on it, you’ll be required to select the airtime transfer mode you would prefer to use.
For MTN subscribers, select deposit via airtime transfer. You’ll then be given an MTN phone number to transfer the airtime to using the MTN share and sell method we discussed earlier.
Once you’ve successfully transferred the airtime, enter the amount you transferred, the amount you want to be transferred to your bank account, your phone number and relevant bank details in the spaces provided to you, then click on deposit.
Your airtime to cash transaction will be processed in no time. Please, note that the minimum deposit through this medium is N2000 and that there’s a 20% service charge on all airtime to cash transactions.
Convert MTN airtime to cash using Aimtoget.
Aimtoget is another airtime to cash processing platform in Nigeria, located in Ogun state. However, unlike Cheetahpay, to conduct airtime to cash transactions on Aimtoget, you’ll need to create an account on their website.
This is a very simple process though, as all you’ll need to do is provide basic information like your e-mail address, phone number, password, etc.
Also, apart from airtime to cash transactions, Aimtoget provides some other related services like airtime swap, pay with airtime, Aimtoget E-card, SMS advert and an E-wallet service to help you save cash using airtime. Using Aimtoget to convert airtime to cash is relatively easy. Let’s quickly walk you through it.
Read Also: How to Buy Data Bundles on MTN Nigeria
How to use Aimtoget to transfer airtime to bank account.
- Log on to www.aimtoget.com and Create and log into your Aimtoget account.
- After creating and logging into your Aimtoget account, go to fund wallet and select airtime option.
- Now, Select the mobile network you’re going to be transferring the airtime from, which in this case would be MTN. Next, type in the airtime amount, and Your phone number.
- An MTN phone number will be given to you and you should carefully note this down somewhere, because you’ll be transferring the airtime to this number.
- Now, using MTN share and sell, transfer the airtime to the phone number given to you.
- From Aimtoget website, confirm if your transfer was successful and then proceed to withdraw the cash from your Aimtoget account into your bank account.
- To do withdraw the cash, Go to withdraw on Aimtoget’s website
- Type in the amount you want to withdraw.
- Select the bank you want the cash transfered to, and input the relevant bank details.
- Finally, Proceed with your withdrawal.
Withdrawals on Aimtoget are processed instantly and they attract a transaction charge of N89.
Convert MTN airtime to cash using Zoranga.
Zoranga is arguably Nigeria’s most popular airtime to cash online platform. The method they use on their website is quite similar to other platforms like Aimtoget and Cheetahpay, and just like Aimtoget, to conduct an airtime to cash transaction on Zoranga, you would need to create an account with them.
Their airtime to cash transactions however, attract a service charge of about 22% to 32% of the deposit fee, and the charge is calculated based on your account type, frequency of deposit and transaction volume.
- How to convert MTN airtime to cash on Zoranga.
- Go to www.Zoranga.com, create your account, and log in
- Next, click on the deposit money option. Three options will be given to you to choose from – MTN share and sell, Zoranga pin, and Deposit via pin. Since we’re dealing with MTN subscribers, select MTN share and sell.
- After selecting the share and sell option, enter your MTN mobile number. A phone number will be given to you, and you’re to transfer the airtime to that number using MTN share and sell. Write down the phone number, and make the transfer.
- When you’ve successfully transferred the airtime, wait for about 5 minutes, then refresh the page to see if the transaction was successful. Next, select transfer money and enter in the appropriate account details of the bank you want the money transferred to, then complete your transaction.
Read Also: MTN Nigeria customer care number
With Cheetahpay, Aimtoget and Zoranga, airtime to cash transactions on your MTN line can be conducted quickly and with ease.
So now, you have no need to worry whenever you are in need of cash, but have only airtime and no buyer, or whenever you have an abundance of airtime on your phone, and have no idea what to do with it. All you have to do is follow the steps outlined here and you’re good to go.
Has this article been helpful? Let us know.
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria