Your BVN phone number is the Phone number entered during your BVN enrolment. It is the phone number associated with your Bank Verification Number. Without your BVN phone number, you will not be able to check your BVN number through the *565*0# USSD code. Several other verifications usually require an OTP to be sent to your BVN phone number. Hence, if the number is no longer active, or maybe you’ve lost that particular phone number, then you may not be able to complete several financial transactions.Npower recruitment
Did you lose your phone and BVN phone number in a burglary attack, or maybe you misplaced it and haven’t been able to do a welcome back for the sim? Then you need to update your BVN with the new phone number. Luckily for you, in today’s article, I’ll be showing you how to update your BVN phone number.Information Guide Nigeria
Read Also: How to Start BVN Registration Business
How to Update your BVN Phone Number
Many Nigerians lose their BVN phone number due to any of the following reasons; theft, issues with the network provider on the sim, or issues with sim welcome back.
However, even if you are unable to get back your sim, you can simply update your BVN with the new phone number to avoid future problems. To be able to update your BVN phone number, you will be required to possess the following:Update BVN Phone Number
Read Also: How to block BVN Number
- National Identification Number (NIN) or the Nigerian Voters card, or International Passport
- The original phone number on your BVN
- The new phone number you wish to update on your BVN
- BVN number
- Date of Birth
- Full name on the account
These documents will be needed to prove that you are the original owner of the account you wish to update the BVN phone number.How to Start BVN Registration Business
Read Also: How to change BVN mobile Number
- Step 1: Visit any branch of the bank where your BVN was initially issued
- Step 2: Head to the customer service section in the bankdollar to naira rate
- Step 3: Inform the attendant that you wish to update your BVN phone number
- Step 4: You will be provided with a BVN update form, fill the form with the required details
- Step 5: You will be asked to provide the required documents listed above for scanning and confirmationHow to buy JAMB Form
- Step 6: After scanning, your update will be uploaded on your BVN profile
- Step 7: A copy of your new BVN profile will be printed and given to you.
If you follow the above procedures diligently, you will be able to update your BVN phone number. Now you can go ahead and dial *565*0# to confirm if your new phone number has been successfully updated. If it has, your BVN number will be displayed on the screen.
Read Also: How to do BVN Print out online
How to link your BVN to your Bank Account
Below are USSD codes you can use to link your BVN to your account:
- Access Bank: Send “BVN, account number, BVN number” to 20121 via text message. E.g. “BVN 0682562343 22567226159” to 20121 using your BVN phone number
- Eco Bank: Send an email requesting to link your BVN to the account. The email should contain your BVN number and account numberWAEC result
- Guarantee Trust Bank: Dial *737*20*BVN# using your BVN phone number
- Sterling Bank: Dial *822*3*BVN# using your BVN phone number
- United Bank for Africa: Dial *919*60*BVN# using your BVN phone number
- Unity Bank: Dial *7799# then click on BVN verification using your BVN phone number
- Zenith Bank: Dial *966*BVN# using your BVN phone number
Read Also: How to get a BVN number in Nigeria
🤑 Start making money from home today!
👉 Get correct FREE TIPS and Guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.