Here in this post, we are going to bring to you steps on how To transfer airtime To bank account In Nigeria. We hope you find this helpful and informative.
Have you ever been in a situation where you wished you could transfer airtime back into your bank account? Maybe you wanted to recharge your mobile line account from your bank account, then you mistakenly typed in the wrong digits, say N5000 instead of N500, now you’re wondering if there’s a way you can transfer the extra money you lost back into your bank account?
Or maybe you tried transferring money to a friend, and absentmindedly recharged your mobile line instead, now you want your money back, but you’re not sure if it is possible?
Or say, you’re in need of some extra cash, and someone sends you some airtime to sell, and you can’t get an immediate buyer and you’re wondering if there’s any way you can convert the airtime to cash?
Or maybe you probably have an abundance of airtime on your line, and you’re wondering if you can convert it to cash? Well, luckily for you, there are actually a number of ways you could do all of this.
Here in this article, we’ll walk you through simple ways you can convert/transfer airtime from your mobile line account or otherwise into your bank account.
Read Also: Steps To Start Up A Bank In Nigeria
1. Convert airtime to cash using Zoranga
Zoranga is an online mobile money platform that allows you perform monetary transactions that involve airtime, like converting airtime to cash and transferring it into your bank account without visiting any bank branch.
Established in 2014, and based in Port Harcourt Nigeria, Zoranga is a technology company that helps individuals and businesses convert airtime to cash, or accept airtime as a means of payment for product and services during transactions.
Amazingly, you can also save money using airtime on Zoranga through a feature called Swallet. However, airtime to cash transactions attract a service charge of 22 to 32% on all deposits. Your charge is calculated based on your account type, frequency of deposit and transaction volume.
How to use Zoranga to transfer airtime into your bank account
- Log on to www.zoranga.com and create an account.
- After creating your account, log into your account.
- Next, Select the deposit money option, after which you will be given three options to choose from – MTN share and sell, Zoranga pin, and Deposit via pin. Any of these three options will enable you transfer the airtime into your already created Zoranga account.
- If you have the recharge card pin with you, and you’ve not loaded it into your phone, then you should select the deposit via pin option.
- Next, enter the recharge card pin and transfer the airtime. Wait for about five minutes, then refresh the page to confirm if the airtime has been successfully transferred to your Zoranga account.
- If that part of the transaction was successful, select transfer money, then enter your bank details or the details of the bank account you want to transfer the money to.
- if you’re an MTN subscriber and have already loaded the recharge card pin into your MTN line, then you should select MTN share and sell.
- After selecting the share and sell option, enter your mobile number or the mobile number of whoever is transferring the airtime, and the amount you’ll be depositing. You’ll be given a phone number to transfer the airtime to using MTN share and sell, and you should note this phone number down somewhere.
- When you’ve successfully transferred the airtime, refresh the page after about 5 minutes to see if the transaction was successful, then select transfer money and enter in the appropriate bank account details you want the money transferred to.
Please note that because of service charges, the amount of airtime you transferred is not the exact amount that will be transferred into your Zoranga account. As mentioned before, Zoranga charges 22 to 32% of every deposit, depending on the aforementioned factors.
2. Transfer airtime to bank account using Aimtoget.
Aimtoget is said to be Nigeria’s number one airtime processing platform and the first airtime to cash processing platform in the country.
Located in Ogun state, the company runs a number of airtime to cash related products that include; airtime swap, airtime to cash, pay with airtime, Aimtoget E-card, airtime pay link and SMS advert.
Businesses that accept airtime as payment for products and services can also use Aimtoget to transfer the airtime into their bank accounts. There’s also an E-wallet option available to allow you to save cash using airtime.
How to use Aimtoget to transfer airtime to bank account.
- Create an Aimtoget account from the company’s website and log into your account.
- Next, go to fund wallet and select airtime option.
- Now, Select the mobile network you’re transferring the airtime from, type in the amount of airtime, and the phone number you are transferring from.
- A phone number will be given to you and you should note it down somewhere because you’ll be transferring the airtime to that number.
- Transfer the airtime to the displayed number using your mobile network’s airtime transfer service.
- Confirm if your transfer has gone through from the company’s website. Your wallet will be credited in less than 5 minutes.
The next step is to withdraw or transfer the airtime from your Aimtoget wallet into your bank account.
- To do this, Go to withdraw on the company’s website.
- Input the amount you want to withdraw/transfer.
- Select the preferred bank you want to transfer the airtime into, or if you’ve not added any bank before, input your bank details or the bank of the individual/business you’ll be transferring to.
- Finally, Proceed with your withdrawal.
Please note that on Aimtoget, withdrawals are processed instantly and attract a service charge of N89 for the process.
Read Also: Top Ten Banks in Nigeria You Can Trust
We hope this article has been helpful. Whether it’s an abundance of airtime, or an error while recharging your mobile line from your bank account, or you mistakenly recharged your line while trying to process a Bank transfer, whichever one it is, you need not fret, because with Zoranga and Aimtoget, you can easily convert airtime to cash in no time and get your money back.
Click here to Read Latest News in Nigeria