MTN transfer codes include the different codes needed to transfer airtime or data anywhere you’re from your MTN SIM to another MTN customer by applying the correct method. It is simple and easy to use.
MTN Transfer Codes for MTN Share n Sell
Share n sell is an MTN service you can use to send credit from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ account whether far away or close by.
The service used to be free but now there are low transaction charges to this service. The table below shows the applicable charge for each transaction range:
How to Migrate to MTN share n sell plan
The MTN plan can work on any MTN tarriff plan like truetalk, pulse, etc except for the MTN betatalk. However to start using this service one has to change the default pin on the share n sell plan which is always ‘0000’.
How to change your pin on MTN share n sell
You can change your default pin through either of the following ways.
- Through USSD: this is by dialing *600*defaultPIN*New PIN*New PIN# on your phone then click on send or press OK.
Note: the default pin is 0000
For example, if I choose to change my pin to 2864. I will dial *600*0000*2864*2864# on my phone then press send or OK.
To change your existing PIN on the share n sell plan: you will dial *600*old PIN*NewPIN*New PIN#. For example if Miss P wants to change her pin from 2864 to 4628 then she will dial *600*2864*4628*4628#
- Through SMS: this is by sending an SMS in this format
default PIN New PIN NEW PIN to 777. For example: 0000 2864 2864 to 777.
If you wish to change your existing PIN on the share n sell service then you will send an SMS in this format
Old PIN New PIN NEW PIN to 777. For example: 2864 4682 4682to 777.
You will receive an SMS confirming that the change has been successful either you used the USSD method or SMS method. Please guard your PIN very well and ensure you don’t forget it.
How to use the Share n sell Service
The share n sell service can be used in two different ways.
- Through USSD : this method is simpler and easier to use. You would dial *600*Recipient’s number*Amount*PIN# [note: this PIN is your new PIN]. For example I want to send 2000 to Miss p and her number is 08037654321. I will dial *600*08037654321*2000*2864#.
- Through SMS : you will send ‘Transfer Recipient’s number Amount Pin’ to 777. For example, Transfer 08037654321 2000 2864
you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm the transaction within fifteen minutes, make sure you confirm the transaction after ensuring you entered the details correctly.
How to know or retrieve your share n sell PIN
It is possible to forget your PIN, don’t fret because it is also possible to retrieve your pin. The only method is to call MTN customer care representative by dialing 180 and giving them the correct information about your SIM card.
However, this process might be a bit hard, you can also reset your pin by following these steps.
- Type ‘Yes’ in SMS and send to 556
- Wait for few minutes to receive a message that your MTN pin has been resetted to 0000.
- Send your new PIN to 556 or follow the steps in how to change your pin to change your pin.
MTN transfer Data
We have two types:
- MTN data share
- MTN data SME share
MTN DATA SHARE
This was introduced for individual customers to be able to assist friends and loved ones with data. Your friends might need data while you have excess on your mobile line. Simply register and begin sharing with them. However, you must be subscribed to a data bundle before you can share data.
After subscribing, you can follow the following steps:
- Dial *131*2*1# or SMS Reg to 131. You will receive a message with your default pin which is 0000 and you would be required to change that pin.
- Change your PIN. The pin can be changed by dialing *131*2*5# or SMS ‘ change 0000 new pin new pin’ to 131. Example :send change 0000 2864 2864 to 131.
- Add beneficiaries. You would be asked to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared data bundle either by dialing *131*2*2# or by sending ‘Add phone number PIN’ to 131 for example, to add 08037654321, I will send ‘Add 08037654321 2864’ to 131. To use the service, dial *131*2*3#.
The MTN SME Data share
This was developed for business purposes. It is for those with the sole purpose of making money from the sale of data. That means, you buy data in large quantity and then sell to people in bits. For example , you can buy up to 120GB worth of data and then sell to people in bits like 1GB, 2GB,4GB, etc depending on how you wish to sell.
To do this SME data share, you are required to firstly migrate your line to an SME Plus tariff plan by dialling *460# or by sending 460 to 131 via SMS.
You can then purchase data bundle and begin to sell to people. You can share in bits such as 250MB, 500MB 1GB, 2GB as well as 5GB. You are not permitted to share more than 10 times per data bundle purchase. To share data, dial *461# and follow the prompt.
How to retrieve your MTN transfer data pin
You can retrieve your MTN transfer data pin by calling the MTN customer care representative by dialing 180 and answering applicable questions to your SIM card.
Transferring data and airtime is very easy and simple to use. It has even become an avenue for business for some people while some people just love the luxury of sending airtime and data to their friends and loved ones without leaving their comfort zone.
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria