Applying for a position in the Nigerian immigration service can be a daunting task, but it is worth the effort you are going to make.
The Nigerian Immigration Service creates job vacancies for unemployed Nigerians especially the youths.
In order to make job search easier and make your application process much simpler, you need to follow the below step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Nigerian Service vacancies.
Step by Step Application Process for Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
Below is a step-by-step process you can follow to effortlessly apply for a position in the Nigerian Immigration Service. These include:
Click on the vacancy you wish to apply for here: https://www.nisrecruitment.org.ng/. Fill out the form the website displays to be filled out.
Fill in your first name, surname, address and password. If a notification on the next page shows a message that says “creation successful”, then you should know by now that an email confirmation has been sent to your email box.
If after a few minutes you do not receive a confirmation message in your mailbox, you should check your spam folder, and if it is there you should click on the link to confirm the message.
You will receive a notification saying that your email has been verified. You should click on the link to start applying.
After login, fill out the form on the first page, ensuring that all fields are filled correctly. When you get to where you are to choose language proficiency, tick on the box for your preferred language before you can further choose from the tab for “Select Proficiency Level”.
You are to click the “Save Biodata” button when you are through with this page, so that you can begin from your last saved point instead of starting the application process all over again if anything occurs. You will then be told that the page has been saved successfully.
On this page, you will need to fill out your experience. Click on “Save Work Experience” after filling out this page.
You will need to fill out your educational experience, and then click on “Save Primary Record”.
You will be required to fill out your O’Level Certificate, after which you will click on “Save Academics”.
Fill out your Higher Education Certificate, and then click on “Save Tertiary Record”.
You will need to fill out your Health information in this section, after which you will click on “Save Health Info”.
In this step, you will need to fill out the Referees Information. Then click on “Save Referee Info” after filling it out. You are advised to review all the information you’ve submitted, viewing all previously submitted pages by clicking on the page link to be able to view from page one. The reason for this is to follow a message that will prompt you to lock your data, and after locking your data you will no longer be able to edit any of the information you’ve submitted.
Before locking your data, ensure you confirm that all information submitted is correct. You will then be informed by a prompt that all data have been saved.
In the next page, in the form you will be presenting the documents during your screening exercise, you will be asked to “Print Confirmation Slip and “Print Guarantors Form”. At this stage you should have received a notification email telling you that your application is successful.
The Requirement for Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment 2018/2019
To apply for Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment for 2018/2019, visit www.nisrecruitment.org.ng.
If you are interested in applying for the 2018 Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment, you should kindly read the requirement below:
- You must be Nigerian by birth;
- You must possess the requisite qualification and certificates;
- You must be free from financial embarrassment;
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years;
- You must not be a member of a secret society, cult, a drug addict, etc.;
- You height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females;
- Your chest measurement must not be less than 0.87m for men;
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage;
- If you are with any of the following disabilities, you need not apply:
- Limb legs
- Flat foot
- Bow legs
- Bent knees
- Knocked knees
- Teeth malformation
- Knocked knees
- Bent arms
- Deformed hands
- Hunched back
- Amputation of body part
- Defective eyesight
- Medical challenges, etc.
NIS Computer based Test
Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment has a computer based test made to be conducted by shortlisted candidates. You need to keep checking for the right time and date if you are shortlisted.
Some Positions to Apply for Include:
Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II (ASI”)
- You must possess a minimum of first degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- NYSC discharged certificate is required.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years.
Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) & Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII)
- You must possess a minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized institution for the position of Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII).
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years for the position of Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII).
- NYSC certificate is compulsory for senior Inspector of Immigration (SII)
- You must possess a minimum of NCE/OND from a recognized institution for the position of Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII).
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 26 years for the position of Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII).
Immigration Assistant III (IA”’)
- With inclusion of English and Maths, you must be a holder of SSCE, NECO and GCE O/Level with minimum of four (4) credits in not more than 2 sittings.
- You must also be between the ages of 18 and 25 years for the position of Immigration Assistant III.
We believe that the above step-by-step guide has helped you effectively apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment.
But note that any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted at the recruitment centre shall not be acceptable after recruitment process.
We wish you the best and hope to hear your comments.Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).