In this post, we give you all the information you need about NSCDC recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official Nigerian Civil Defence CDFIPB recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
Are you among young Nigerians dreaming of having a career with the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC through its recruitment that is almost concluded for 2021 or in the future? This post takes you through the entire process of the NSCDC recruitment in detail.
The 2020 Civil Defence recruitment has gone almost half-way as the Computer Based Aptitude Test CBAT took place on December across the 36 states of the federation. Even though you are not part of this year’s NSCDC recruitment exercise, it’s not bad to acquaint yourself with the requirements, application guidelines, overview of a career in the corps, and the application processes in its entirety to prepare yourself for subsequent recruitment of the civilian security outfit.
Apply Also: Nigerian Navy Recruitment
About The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC or Civil Defence is a paramilitary security agency in Nigeria established in 1967. Although the Civil Defence Corps was established in 1967, it came to limelight in the early 2000s when its statutory responsibilities were officially outlined in the ACT No. 2 of 2003 (as amended). The current dignified status of the Civil Defence Corps is credited to former President Olusegun Obasanjo who assented to the Act passed on 28 June, 2003 by the National Assembly.
The Act officially outlines the statutory duties of the NSCDC which include protecting lives and property in conjunction with the Police, instituting legal proceedings against criminal offenders in accordance with the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, crisis resolution, protecting oil pipelines from vandalism, protecting the country among other roles. To achieve the above role, the NSCDC is empowered by law to maintain an arms squad to aid in the discharge of its duties.
At its initial formation in 1967, the NSCDC was known as Lagos Civil Defence Committee charged with the responsibility of sensitizing and protecting the Civilian populace after the Nigerian Civil war. The Corps had undergone several restructuring since its inception, first in 1984 where it was transformed into a national security outfit. The corps is headed by a Commandant General who is currently Abdullahi Gana Muhammedu.
Career Overview at NSCDC
Career structure of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps starts from the Commandant General at the top and ends with the Assistant Cadre at the bottom. Irrespective of what level one joins the force, officers climb the career ladder through promotions. You can join the force either as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer. Ranks in the Nigeria Civil Defence are as follows in order of seniority:
- Commandant General (CG) Grade Level (17)
- Deputy Commandant General (DCG) Grade Level (16)
- Assistant Commandant General (ACG) Grade Level (15)
- Chief Commander (CC) Grade Level (14)
- Deputy Commander (DC)Grade Level (13)
- Assistant Commander (AC) Grade Level (12)
- Chief Superintendent Cadre (CSC) Grade Level (11)
- Superintendent Cadre (SC) Grade Level (10)
- Deputy Superintendent Cadre (DSC) Grade Level (09)
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre (ASC) Grade Level (09)
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre II (ASC) Grade Level (08)
- Inspectorate Cadre (IC) Grade Level (06 – 07)
- Assistant Cadre (AC) Grade Level (03 – 05)
Data source (nigeriainfopedia.com.ng)
Apply Also: Immigration Recruitment
Civil Defence Salary Structure
Below are the salaries of Civil Defence Officers per year
- Commandant General unknown
- Deputy Commandant General = unknown
- Assistant Commandant General = N2.272, 288
- Chief Commander = N1.759, 921
- Deputy Commander = N1.619, 447
- Assistant Commander = N1.225, 584
- Chief Superintendent Cadre = N1.158 172
- Superintendent Cadre = N1.094, 027
- Deputy Superintendent Cadre = N1.012, 562
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre = N939, 310
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre II = N858, 956
- Inspectorate Cadre = N483,014
- Assistant Inspectorate Cadre = N357, 385
- Assistant Cadre = N296, 500
NSCDC Recruitment Process
After the registration exercise for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps recruitment through the NSCDC portal at www.nscdc.gov.ng which closed on 7 September, 2020, applicants are now awaiting shortlisting for the Computer Based Aptitude Test examination which has been delegated to be conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB. According to NSCDC officials in a statement reported by financial watch, applicants are to prepare for similar questions answered by candidates seeking admission into tertiary institutions in the country.
To go through the registration exercise, interested persons are to login to the NSCDC website at www.nscdc.gov.ng.
Therefore, the 2020 recruitment exercise of NSCDC is no longer open for this year but trust us, we will update you as soon as next recruitment exercise commence, which will definitely be in 2021.
Requirements for NSCDC Recruitment
The following are the requirements for the NSCDC recruitment exercise. Applicants must:
- Be Nigerian by birth
- Have National Identification Number, NIN
- Be between the ages of 18 – 30 years old
- Be fit and possess fitness certification from a recognized government hospital
- Possess all the requisite qualification and certificates. Note: any certificates not presented and accepted at the recruitment center shall not be accepted thereafter.
- Not have been convicted of any criminal offence
- Be of good character
- Not have been involved in any financial embarrassment
- Be at least 6.65m of height for male and 6.60m for female
- Be of chest measurement not less than 0.87 for men
- Be computer literate.
Apply Also: INEC Recruitment
How to Apply for NSCDC Recruitment
Method of application for the Civil Defense recruitment exercise are as follow:
- Login to the NSCDC website at nscdc.gov.ng and click on the “start your application” button to begin the process.
- Register with a valid email or phone number
- A confirmation email will be sent to you at the completion of your registration. In case the email is not in your inbox, check your SPAM mail.
- Click on the link provided to continue with your application
- Fill in your bio-data in the spaces provided. Make sure you don’t skip any of the fields as you cannot proceed without completing it.
- Fill in the required information in all the sections
- Print out your acknowledgement slip at the end of your application
- Access and print out and complete the Referee form to be submitted at the screening center
Tips to Successful Application for NSCDC recruitment
- Adhere to instruction strictly
- Avoid multiple application
- Show passion for the job
- Go through the application process by yourself to avoid mistakes
- Stay updated by checking your email regularly
Whether you are among the Over 1.4million applicants scrambling for the 5,000 job opening advertised by NSCDC for 2020 recruitment exercise as reported by Financial watch, or you are on the lookout for subsequent recruitment exercise by the national security outfit where you can apply, this post contains virtually all the information you need to go through the process smoothly and successfully. We also promise to keep you updated for future announcements by NSCDC ASAP.
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.