Vaseline is a very popular oily, sticky, scented and jelly body care product with a shiny effect which is applied on the skin as cream. It is mostly used during the dry seasons to keep the skin in good condition.
During the cold weather, it shields the body from the excessive cold; it coats the outer skin with its airproof oil. It can also be applied on the lips to get rid of dried lips and keeps it shiny and attractive.
Vaseline is frequently used in our homes by children and adults. As the human population continues to grow so do the need for Vaseline grow, this makes Vaseline a high lucrative business both in Nigeria and in other countries. I assure you reading this article, that by the end of this you should be an expert in become experts in the production of Vaseline body cream.
I expect you all to venture into this business and start making your money in no distant time from now, the production process is easy and less time consuming, it doesn’t take you more 10 minutes.
Talking about capital, with just a little money in your pocket, you can kick start this business as you do not need to undergo complex machine production process and other sophisticated industrial procedure to make your product .
You can go smoothly into your business with minimum and affordable equipment and production capacity and start making your returns. The chemical ingredients needed for the production are not difficult to find and they are less expensive. Vaseline is already a widely used product therefore marketing your product won’t be difficult. You don’t need too much publicity as there is a ready market for the product.
With minimum promotional activities, you can start making huge sales. Even when some are complaining about recession, others are making it through Vaseline business. You may not know that Petroleum Jelly body cream nourishes the skin and protects against the harsh environmental conditions that might prevail. It helps maintain a good and uniform skin tone.
This means that anybody going into body cream production is sure making lots of money within the shortest period of time.The business is not gender specific, it can be done by both male and female gender, and it can as well be used by everyone. Why choose Vaseline as a business? Even with increase production of different creams, yet Vaseline is in high demand.
And this is because
- It doesn’t cause skin reaction
- It helps prevent inflammation caused by heat generated from prolonged used of diapers
- It is used for sealing cover slip in the laboratory in order to prevent air from entering specimen
- It keeps the body warm during cold season
- It can serve as a lubricant
- It can serve as a water repellent
- It is used to prevent cracked heels, lips, and skin
- It can be used to shine surfaces such as shoes and bags
- It helps prevent rusting of metal surfaces
- It is used to prevent split ends in hair.
- It doesn’t cause skin reaction
Ingredients and Their Functions in Vaseline Production
- Paraffin oil: This is the oil that helps to decrease the thickness of Vaseline since water is not needed in the production. it has a healing and a nourishing ability
- Petroleum jelly : This is a nourishing agent that helps to thicken and hold the Vaseline together
- Lanolin :This ingredients gives the Vaseline an elastic feel, making it appear thick
- Fragrance :It gives the Vaseline a unique scent
Equipment Needed For Making Petroleum Jelly
Some equipment you may need
- Turning Stick
- Rubber Spoon
- Weighing Scale
- Measuring Cup
- Safety goggles and gloves
- Stainless Steel Pot
- Packaging Material
Simple Branding Techniques That Sells
- Mix your perfume: This is what distinguishes your Vaseline from others. Even some experts will be angry for this leaked information.. Get a perfume formula that is good for your
- Label: Get a simple label for your products.
Ingredients for Vaseline
- 30 Centilitre (cl) of Paraffin oil or mineral oil
- 1 Kilogram of Petroleum Jelly
- 1 Tablespoonful of Lanolin
- A desirable amount of Fragrance
Production Process of Vaseline
- Get a pot and pour the 30 Cl of Paraffin oil or mineral oil into it.
- Add 1 kg of the petroleum jelly and stir it properly.
- Then add 1 tablespoonful of the Lanolin substance and heat it moderately on fire (you can use a kerosene stove, gas cooker, firewood, oven or an electric heater) inorder to dissolve it properly and proportionately. The more paraffin oil you add, the more you lose the thickness of your product becomes. So beware of this so as not to produce a sub-standard Vaseline on the long run.
- As soon as the melting and mixing process has been completed, remove pot from heat leave for a few seconds to enable the heat of the mixture cool down a little bit. Then, go on and add your industrial perfume according to your desired fragrance which will easily catch the attention of people to buy them.
- Now, stir the mixture thoroughly so that the components can properly mix up with each other.
- Then pour the mixture into your branded containers. Allow it to cool inside the containers for a few minutes and then, you have just produced your Vaseline
You can purchase the Vaseline container from a plastic business area your product for sale the shops that sell chemical or scientific laboratory items usually sale the containers too.
Learn how to make your own Vaseline, remember you can be your own boss. In this business everyone is your customer. You can start this business in your house but in an open ventilated place as you are working with chemicals (please don’t use your kitchen) or if you have the money, you can rent a spacious room in a strategic position. Sell your products at profitable prices.
With time when you have acquired enough money, enlarge your business and increase your production scale. Here are some useful information you will need to push your business further
Get your business name registered with the relevant authorities to give it a corporate outlook and gain full approval In Nigeria, the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) is in charge of incorporating new companies
How to Promote your Business
Take your business to the next level, embark on a cost-effective advertising campaign through newspapers, magazines, billboards, fliers, banners, posters, signposts, television shows, radio broadcasts among other good promotional channels.
This will target more customers to patronize you .The more customers, the more sales and the bigger your profit. Another secret is this, when you satisfy your customer taste with your products, the more the positive recommendations. Now people do marketing on your behalf by sharing their testimony about your product to friends. this yield a larger customer base in a short period of time
Do campaigns to make your product gain competitive advantage over others. Grant periodic incentives like discounts, free gifts and price slashes to your loyal customers so as to keep them with you.
To even make more money from the business, organize training sessions, seminars and workshops for aspiring and enterprising individuals who are interested in learning how to produce Vaseline and start a earning from it. They pay you lecture fees and you can as well sell your training manuals and materials to generate more income from the exercise
Hope you find this educative. Visit our site frequently to read more entrepreneur articles
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria
Copyright Warning!We work really hard and put a lot of effort and resources into our content, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality texts. Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Proper acknowledgement include, but not limited to (a) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes, (b)"FAIR USE" in the case of re-publication on online media. About possible consequences you can read here: What are the consequences of copyright infringement? In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we may report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).