Here in this post, we are going to bring to you steps to join the Nigerian Institute of management. We hope you find this post incisive.
For many of us who must have not heard about the Nigeria Institute of Management, this is simply the National regulatory body in charge of anything management and managers in Nigeria. Those who have joined the Nigeria Institute of Management are also called Chartered Managers.
Taking a brief look at the reasons behind the formation of this body in Nigeria, we see that the Nigeria Institute of Management is a non-profit body which was formed in the year 1961 but were known then as Nigerian Management Group.
The need for this body was collectively decided by top managers in Commerce, Agricultural and Finance industry to form a body for all top managers in the country.
In 1964, the name Nigerian Management Group was changed to National Institute of Management. Alongside the name change, The Nigeria Institute of Management was incorporated in that same year.
The ultimate purpose of the Nigeria Institute of Management is to promote professionalism in management. The body defines the standards and required skills for professional managers in Nigeria. The institution also offers professional courses which award diplomas in management.
The Nigerian Institute of Management Establishment Act 2003 was passed on the 19th of June 2003 at the National Assembly. This act gave the institution the formal and full authority over the regulation of the management profession in Nigeria.
With this being signed into the Nigerian Construction, they became the head of anything concerning management in Nigeria.
They have different professional programs which they run within the school for both members and non-members. Have you ever thought of getting more professional about your career, you can decide to join the NIM and get registered and within a year you could be a member of the Chartered Managers in Nigeria?
For you to be a member of the Institute does not require a particular course of study or degree before you can register or apply to be a Chartered Manager, they also do have flexible programs to help you fit into your busy work schedule.
Like their educational programs, there are Post Graduate Diploma programs on Management which are applied for by Graduates who want to improve their management skills and be at a better position or advantage when applying for jobs.
Student Scheme program allows 300 Level students in all universities and HND 1 students and above in polytechnics to take courses at the Nigerian Institute of Management.
Successful students will have the opportunity to be inducted as a graduate member of the institution upon completion of their studies at the university or polytechnic.
They also do have special programs for top managers ND other members of staff who seek to make more impact in what they do at work and to improve administrative and working duties.
- Office Administration course- This course is for people looking to improve their administrative skills.
- Personal Effectiveness Skills for Secretaries, PAs and Office Assistants – This program is a management course that allows the participants acquire the essential managerial skills to effectively perform their duties.
- IT Skills for Administrative Officers – This is a course for managers who do not have any computer skills and also seek to develop knowledge in computing and information technology.
- Performance Management and Productivity Improvement Course for Administrative Office.
With all these numerous details about the Nigeria Institute of Management, It is clear that the body has a wide scope and vision for Nigeria’s managers and workers.
They have even made it easy by introducing study centers all across that 36states to make it easy for anyone around the country to obtain a Diploma and other skills for management And also making the joining process easier.
Especially for serving Youth corps members, they do make the registration easier and more convey for them to run through their service year.
Now to the real details of how to join the Nigeria Institute of Management, now that you have gotten much details about them.
Joining the Nigeria Institute of Management is not a rigorous or tough process, it is even actually an online process and also at their various study centers in your state.
Steps to Join:
- Visit the website of the Nigeria Institute of Management which is www.nimportal.com.ng
- Click on “Apply Now”, Make payment of N5,150 application form and fill the form. You will be required to attach the following in pdf or jpg formats:
- Degree/HND Results
- Detailed CV
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption or Exclusion
- Evidence of Change of Name (Married Women Only)
- After submitting the application form, you will be notified on the status by SMS and email (Please always check your email inbox and spam folder, adding the email to your trusted list will ensure that their mails get to your inbox instead of spam)
- When your application is approved, you will be required to register for exam on the same portal after login (you are advised to keep your password simple so you can always remember it)
- After registering for exam, you will be able to download the following on the portal:
- Photo card
- Study Materials
- Examination guidelines
- Examination timetable
As you can see, it is an easy process if you really want to join the Nigeria Institute of Management. Once you are registered and you prepare for your exams effectively, after upon successful completion of your exams you can be awarded a PGDM from the Institute and you can then be called a member of the body.
Click here to see the latest Jobs opportunities in Nigeria.
Click here to Join Recharge and Get Paid
Click here to Read Latest School News in Nigeria