UNIPORT Centre In Public Health & Toxicological Research Postgraduate Admission 2021/2022. This is to inform the general public that the UNIPORT center in public health & toxicological research has started the selling of forms for admission into various postgraduate programmes 2021/2022 sessions for suitable candidates. Below are some of the courses available, all the requirements, different programmes running in the school, the time duration, and tuition fees. Read below for more information.
Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for the under listed courses administered in the Africa Centre of Excellence in Public Health and Toxicological Research (ACE-PUTOR). ACE-PUTOR is a Centre of Excellence established to produce highly skilled and motivated public health professionals through cutting-edge research tailored to address health impacts of oil and gas activities, and contribute to building the human resource and knowledge base for development in Africa
Emphasis on collaboration and interdisciplinary research
* Irresistible drive for excellence
* Excellent support for teaching
* Availability of a language laboratory for non-English students
* e-library facility
* Uninterrupted power supply
* Access to electronic learning resources
* Excellent learning environment
* Excellent students’ support services
* Uninterrupted learning calendar
* Dedicated hostel facility for students
* Local and international internship placements
* Support for conference participation and research publication
* Transparent academic governance
* Partnerships, networks and collaborations – industry, sectors, academic institutions
* Highly supportive central university administration
* Location is in the epi-centre of oil & gas exploration in Africa
* Scholarships opportunities especially for regional students
* Immigration support for international students
* Scholarship for regional and meritorious Nigerian students
2021/2022 admission offers
Doctor of Philosophy
a) i. (PhD) in Environmental Health
ii. (PhD) in Environmental Toxicology
iii. (PhD) in Nutritional Biochemistry/Toxicology
iv. (PhD) in Midwifery Care
v. (PhD) in Child Health Nursing Care
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
b) i. Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Midwifery/Child Health
ii. Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Public Health Nursing
iii. Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Fertility Nursing
iv. Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Environmental & Petroleum Toxicology
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD)
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Environmental & Petroleum Toxicology
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Fertility Nursing: Applicants shall be required to have a good university first degree in nursing science, registered and licensed as a nurse or midwife.
Masters Programme in Midwifery/Child Health: Candidates would be required to have a
- Bachelor of nursing sciences or midwifery with cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of not less than 3.0 on a 5-point scale.
- Must be a licensed nurse
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme: Eligible candidates for these competitive programmes would have
- Completed an MSc degree in appropriate majors, with a CGPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates with master’s degrees in food sciences and technology, food microbiology and other related courses can apply for the PhD in nutritional biochemistry/toxicology.
Programme Duration (Minimum)
Full time PGD – 12 months (minimum) to 18 months (maximum)
Part-time PGD – 18 months (minimum) to 24 months (maximum)
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Full time Masters – 12 months (minimum) to 24 months (maximum)
Part-time Masters – 24 months (minimum) to 36 months (maximum)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Full time PhD – 36 months (minimum) to 48 months (maximum)
Part-time PhD – 48 months (minimum) to 60 months (maximum)
Methods of Instruction
The curriculum is flexible, modular, intensive and premised on developing the knowledge, skills and competences of students from diverse academic backgrounds to becoming industry ready professionals.
Both online and classroom modes of teaching/learning are available with strong emphasis on competency-based learning, self-directed learning and application of a range of technology-based educational applications to enhance pedagogical effectiveness.
Lectures are delivered by renown faculties from Universities and industry/sector experts from Nigeria and Abroad. Being an entrepreneurial University, all programmes in the University of Port Harcourt are designed with periods of internship to enhance the development of industry/sector-ready professionals.
Students’ dissertations are supervised by multi-disciplinary and highly motivated team of local and international supervisors. Critical logistical supports are provided to ensure that all students complete their dissertations in record time. The Centre also encourage innovations, patents, and commercialization of research outputs.
Method of Application
Details of the methods of application for all programmes can be obtained from the website: http://www.aceputoruniport.edu.ng
Completed forms, reference letters, statement of purpose and official transcript shall be submitted with a non-refundable application fee of N20,000 (twenty thousand naira only) before the 11th of March 2022.
Tel: +234(0)8136592033, +234(0)8129429447
🤑 Start making money from home today!
👉 Get correct FREE TIPS and Guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start
👍Showcase your business here!
With over 1M unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience for you to showcase your products and services. Simply get in touch via 👉 marketing@Infoguidenigeria.com.
🤑 Make Money now!
👉 Make money writing for us. Apply for Freelance writing jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Make Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, read more here
✍️ Be Our Guest Publisher!
Do you have a press release, breaking news, or any other helpful information to share with our growing readers? If yes, send your article to 👉 firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be glad to publish it if the information is useful to our audience.
This post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Copyright Warning!Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all contents with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and we will take necessary actions immediately.